*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Bear in mind the calls I got from them were flagged as spam by my android phone, and I'm pretty sure I ignored them twice before I answered and got a decent offer out of them.

Nope nothing to except a text at the start. I’ll just let it cancel, I’m not that bothered about keeping it now and they would need to match close the £40 I currently pay for me to keep it.

Associate
We've been without sky for 2 years and dont really miss it. When leaving even back then their offers were poor. We'd been with them 15 years so I actually think that went against us. All we had was one text in the notice period and haven't heard from them in the 2 years since.

We're with BT TV at the moment and just about to cancel that too. They're very similar in ramping up the price and now insist on renewing your broadband contract when you renew your TV regardless. Er.. no!

Last edited:
Associate
Currently cancelling / negotiating via text. Being quite frank with them that I won't accept poor offers as I've just reviewed and it's more than doubled since July last year with the incremental increases.

Sounds like good offers are less likely to come by these days but I'll report back with anything I get.

Associate
Much more than the usual palaver when renegotiating today. Opted for the text chat as I'm working today so here's a summary of the experience. The first assistant was quick to reply and helpful enough. They immediately offered me my current package for £53.50, that is:

Signature
Sports
HD
Sports HD

Better than the £77 it's gone up to but this time last year it was £37. So no dice.

They then said I could afford to drop HD as I've got Sports HD (anyone know if that's true? Are normal HD channels standard now?). That would save 5 to make it £48.50 though possibly not like for like. They also said the overspend this month would be credited back.

Still not close enough for me so I said no thanks, they were going to check with supervisor about getting closer to my previous price when they went on a break so put me back in the queue for someone else to continue with. That's where the problems started...

Assistant #2 was useless! Very slow to reply and initially offered me my current package for £66?!

When I pointed out their colleague had only just offered me way less than that they said ok I'll review the previous chat. Surely that's the basic starting point when someone gets transferred no?

They then just offered the same as the first assistant but with a £10 admin fee and no overspend credit back. I said no I'll cancel and look elsewhere. They then kept telling me how good a deal it was and no other providers could get close. Asked to cancel again and was offered to take some parts of the package out to improve it. Asked to cancel again. Then told me they didn't want me to get into hassle mid-contract? (Hassle :confused: I'm also out of contact hence the price increase?). 4th time of asking to cancel I also requested to raise a complaint and for them to confirm both points back to me, still no real confirmation either way but an explanation of how much I would be saving over 18 months. 5th request to cancel. Assistant #2 now says they were already on a break and would be back in 15 minutes. Ghosted.

I messaged again after 45 minutes to check if I've now cancelled and automatically get placed back in the queue.

Assistant #3 is able to cancel without a fuss.

Just thought I'd share the ridiculousness of it all here. This offer isn't really of use to anyone but again I'll update if they try and entice me back at any point. Will make do without if they don't.

Soldato
They then said I could afford to drop HD as I've got Sports HD (anyone know if that's true? Are normal HD channels standard now?). That would save 5 to make it £48.50 though possibly not like for like. They also said the overspend this month would be credited back.

If my dad's sky was anything to go by, Sports HD does not include any of the non sports HD channels, only the free to air bbc/itv ones. So a laughable stealth con attempt there.

Associate
If my dad's sky was anything to go by, Sports HD does not include any of the non sports HD channels, only the free to air bbc/itv ones. So a laughable stealth con attempt there.
Thought as much thanks for replying.

If I'd taken them up on the offer I'd have clarified before agreeing as I really do notice the non HD channels

Associate
Sky cancelled yesterday without any contact from sky, its still working so will enjoy a free day before they finally kill it. Currently on live chat sorting out my sisters sky, her bill us due to go upto £191 next month. Will see what they off but don't expect it to be good so will probably just give notice to cancel.

Associate
:eek:
The heck? Does your sister run a Sports Bar?
She basically had everything including £11 for Disney. All out off contract so broadband was £54 on its own. They offered £131 which my sister said was fine and she’s not someone to bother with the cancel negotiations so was the best I could get.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom