*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
I'm a few months "clean" now and cannot say I've really missed it. Once I managed to get the FreeSat box working as I wanted, that was terrestrial covered.
I have had a few cheap NowTV promotions, so I've watched what Sky content I really wanted for around £4/month. NowTV is now in my rotation with other streaming services - I'll get it every few months, binge what I want and then cancel.

Soldato
Much more than the usual palaver when renegotiating today. Opted for the text chat as I'm working today so here's a summary of the experience. The first assistant was quick to reply and helpful enough. They immediately offered me my current package for £53.50, that is:

Signature
Sports
HD
Sports HD

Better than the £77 it's gone up to but this time last year it was £37. So no dice.
That helps me negotiate for my Dad as thats all he wants plus multiroom.

Associate
That helps me negotiate for my Dad as thats all he wants plus multiroom.
Not sure how much multi room adds but had a quick look on hukd the other day and I think I worked out someone got what I wanted for a total of £29ish (based on their agreed price on a larger package where they had the breakdown of cost per item). I think below £40 should be doable on your case tbh if you're up for the negotiation.

Caporegime
Sky cancelled yesterday without any contact from sky, its still working so will enjoy a free day before they finally kill it. Currently on live chat sorting out my sisters sky, her bill us due to go upto £191 next month. Will see what they off but don't expect it to be good so will probably just give notice to cancel.
I'm a little bit skeptical about this. £191 seems beyond what anyone could have.

Soldato
Not sure how much multi room adds but had a quick look on hukd the other day and I think I worked out someone got what I wanted for a total of £29ish (based on their agreed price on a larger package where they had the breakdown of cost per item). I think below £40 should be doable on your case tbh if you're up for the negotiation.
Well they still would not budge from £80.00 so looks like it's retention time.

Associate
I don't believe it's correct. Even with 'everything', Ultrafast 1G, TNT Sport, Disney+, Multiscreen etc i don't think it would cost that much. Chances are the bill includes some PPV or similar and the actual bill is less.
Her last bill before the new discounts was £183.49 and due to go to £191 from April with the increase.

Breakdown
Signature £32.50
Ultimate £7
Kids £6
Sport £32
Movies £12
Sports Hd £2
HD £9
Multiscreen £15
Disney+ £10.99
UHD £4
Braodband £53

Obviously outside contract so all full price, was around £130ish with the old discounts.

Associate
£80 for this plus multi room? They're having a laugh!
I got my deal from the winback team at Sky
Her last bill before the new discounts was £183.49 and due to go to £191 from April with the increase.

Breakdown
Signature £32.50
Ultimate £7
Kids £6
Sport £32
Movies £12
Sports Hd £2
HD £9
Multiscreen £15
Disney+ £10.99
UHD £4
Braodband £53

Breakdown
Signature £32.50
Ultimate £7
Kids £6
Sport £32
Movies £12
Sports Hd £2
HD £9
Multiscreen £15
Disney+ £10.99
UHD £4
Braodband £53

Obviously outside contract so all full price, was around £130ish with the old discounts.
Cannot believe Sky are still charging for HD this should be free , lucky i got free

Associate
Tell me about it, I told her 6 months ago they was out of contract but she just keep saying she will call tomorrow. In the end I just did it myself, definitely could have got it better then the deal I got but I would have had to cancel and they would then call her which she couldn’t be bothered with so had to settle.

Soldato
Currently paying £69 for this lot, and now I've come home to see a letter stating my 'Superfast 60mb' Broadband is goin up by £3.50 and my Sky Signature package £2.50. Bloody silly.
I love how the letter tries to justify the price rises and then states 'We understand things are tough right now etc but FU pay me more'.

Meanwhile my mum down the road pays £55 (soon to be £62) with Virgin and gets a ton more. Wish I could get that service in my building.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom