Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Soldato
Where's the best place for Apple watch straps, is it the Apple store or are there decent aftermarket options?

I've had a look on the gigantic online retailer place but they seem a bit to cheap to be any kind of decent quality?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If you're after official bands at a better price I use this store on eBay.

Associate
Ordered myself a Samsung watch 6. With trade in and discount via my work it was £216 which isn't bad. Also get a free duo charging pad so pretty decent deal I think. Bit disappointed with the lead time though. Website said it is in stock but then won't let me choose a delivery date before the 29th?!

Associate
This time around I got my Watch from Currys after many years of buying from Samsung online.
Better trade in price, wireless charger trio, £75 google play voucher and 3 month Apple TV.

The trade in was just over 1 week from start to finish which was way better than Samsung.
I'll definitely be checking Currys out before I buy the next tech upgrade.

Soldato
This time around I got my Watch from Currys after many years of buying from Samsung online.
Better trade in price, wireless charger trio, £75 google play voucher and 3 month Apple TV.

The trade in was just over 1 week from start to finish which was way better than Samsung.
I'll definitely be checking Currys out before I buy the next tech upgrade.

My watch 5 & 6 I bought from Samsung experience store Trafford far easier dealing with people face to face a , same with my Note 20 to S22U they inspected my Note20 gave me full trade-in price on the spot to faffing with sending it off to a 3rd party on behalf of Samsung

Soldato
I've been wanting to replace my Watch 3 for a good while now (no more support from Samsung, some apps no longer being updated/removed). Just curious how Watch 6 users are finding it so far, and any Pixel Watch 2 users as well. I do miss WearOS so been wanting to move back away from Tizen. Are there still locked out features on the Samsung if you don't use a Samsung phone?

Soldato
I've been wanting to replace my Watch 3 for a good while now (no more support from Samsung, some apps no longer being updated/removed). Just curious how Watch 6 users are finding it so far, and any Pixel Watch 2 users as well. I do miss WearOS so been wanting to move back away from Tizen. Are there still locked out features on the Samsung if you don't use a Samsung phone?

I think it's only blood pressure & ECG that require a samsung phone

Soldato
The October update for the Pixel Watch fixed Spotify streaming. For months, on my watch, when not using AOD when the display went to sleep Spotify would 'forget' what's happening like not showing what's playing and controls not working so I would have to force close Spotify and reload it to get it working again and of course the screen going off restarts the problem.

Soldato
November security update is out for the Watch 6 , usual stability and reliability blah blah comes in at 683mb . After the update boot up from a restart it quicker

Associate
Anyone have a recommendation of a cheap 3rd party stretchy/velcro strap that's good for securing the Apple watch (41mm) tight-ish for sleep tracking? Doesn't have to be amazing quality because I'll switch it in the morning. I bought a random cheap one the rainforest, it fits really secure but feels like you're wearing a piece of sandpaper.

Soldato
So I have a Galaxy Watch Active 2 that's getting on a bit.

On the Samsung website, I could trade it in and get either Watch 6 44mm for £209 or a Watch 5 Pro 45mm for £219.

Looking at spec and features, both look similar with the 6 running a newer SOC but the 5 Pro with the bigger battery capacity. Which is the better device? I'm leaning towards the 5 Pro to be honest.

Man of Honour
So I have a Galaxy Watch Active 2 that's getting on a bit.

On the Samsung website, I could trade it in and get either Watch 6 44mm for £209 or a Watch 5 Pro 45mm for £219.

Looking at spec and features, both look similar with the 6 running a newer SOC but the 5 Pro with the bigger battery capacity. Which is the better device? I'm leaning towards the 5 Pro to be honest.
I think it basically comes down to how often you want to charge and also the 5 pro is quite chunky if that's a consideration for you. I can stretch up to 3ish days out of my 5 pro between charges which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom