Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Man of Honour
So I've been using the watch all day today and I have to say what's impressed me more is that my phone (HTC One M8) was sitting at 71% as I left work at 5pm tonight. Been off charge since 6:45am and used for music and browsing in the morning and then at lunch. Other than that a glance down at the watch told me all I needed.

Watch is currently sitting at 56% battery but that's more to the point that I've messed about with it more than I normally would i.e once the it becomes a standard part and not to be messed around with haha!

Overall I can see this working wonders for my phone battery life and it's just sooooooooo handy in work as the Mobile Phone's are a no no :p

Exactly this!

Man of Honour
Pebble watch has 7 days battery? Impressive! Although I guess it's not paired the same way as a Wear device?

it's the display on it that saves battery if I'm not mistaken..

I believe it uses E-ink like a kindle does - so whilst it's less "pretty" than a Android watch, it's far more convenient that you don't have to charge it every day.

Soldato
More reviews up on various sites, and it seems the G Watch has better battery life compared to the Gear Live. But the main thing I did notice was the poor visibility on both watches while in sunlight. Some of the reviews even mention the superior Pebble's E-ink display - even though it's not as fancy, at least you can still see it in bright conditions.

Also, root and custom ROMs are already here...

Root: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...nlock-the-bootloader-and-root-the-lg-g-watch/

Custom ROM: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/207402-rom-gohma-10-772014-android-wear/

Well, that was fast... but I see no point in rooting the watch yet...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've got a pebble, and it easy lasts a week on battery, and thats with Y Weather (weather refreshes every 30 mins) or Glance running. It pushes email, texts, whatsapp etc to the watch.

I want a G or better still the 360, but if it only lasts a day that'll put me off big time.....

Soldato
I've got a pebble, and it easy lasts a week on battery, and thats with Y Weather (weather refreshes every 30 mins) or Glance running. It pushes email, texts, whatsapp etc to the watch.

I want a G or better still the 360, but if it only lasts a day that'll put me off big time.....

I guess it depends on how you use it at night...for me I take it off and place it on the charger and that's it...put it on in the morning sorted :)

The G Watch charger is absolutely no effort to use.

Associate
I'm torn between waiting for the 360 and buying either the Sammy or LG.

The 360 is in another league but it seems that so will the price tag. Decisions...

Soldato
I'm torn between waiting for the 360 and buying either the Sammy or LG.

The 360 is in another league but it seems that so will the price tag. Decisions...

Since availability isn't problem with these things then why not hold out?

Unless you're like me and absolute sucker for technology and just HAVE TO HAVE IT!!! Depends how you use your watch and what look you prefer.

I much prefer the simple take from the LG G Watch compared to the Samsung and the simply lay it down to charge option is much easier at the end of the day :)

Associate
You are the voice of reason :)

IMO they both look a little to much like "smart watches". The LG looks like a brick in some of the images I've seen. Are any retailers stocking them get or just the GP device store?

Soldato
This is a fantastic thread! Actual owners discussing the product, mrk writing solid reviews and even owners of alternate products that seem worthy challengers.

I want one now :mad:

Back
Top Bottom