So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
SexyGreyFox [Deceased];29847883 said:
And another GD thread where people don't read the OP but just talk about what they want :(

Is the OP relevant anymore?

I don't think so.

The thread title is very generic and so people are going off that.

A game, or any kind of entertainment really, will struggle to dominate the press for long. I think as the novelty wears off, it'll settle at a steady level and people will enjoy it more casually, as they were meant to, with hooks into other Nintendo products, toys and the like. Niantic will likely look for further licences to expand its portfolio (I don't think Nintendo own them; do they?).

Good point :) I'm not a fan of Pokémon, but I am a fan of Nintendo because of the Mario Bros. As Nintendo has been struggling with the Wii:U, I'm kinda glad that the Go app did well for them, which will hopefully mean that they'll invest and work more on their core games again like Mario Bros. They've been very slow with releasing headline games for the Wii:U.

Soldato
Squad is coming along nicely

image.png

I think we have found the candidate for tip Botter of the year.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Is there anyway to play this WITHOUT walking around like a wally..? I can't really play it here.

GPS spoofing?

On topic: To be honest, I'm glad that it's getting children out and about but when building sites and schools are being invaded by random passers-by, purely because a Pokémon appeared... that's when you draw the line.

Caporegime
GPS spoofing?

On topic: To be honest, I'm glad that it's getting children out and about but when building sites and schools are being invaded by random passers-by, purely because a Pokémon appeared... that's when you draw the line.

I honestly don't know as I've not you know, been creepy and hung around kids playing, but I'd somewhat expect this is just kids 'outside' but blindly walking around with their faces looking at their phone so no real different to normal. When you laugh at people for falling in ponds or walking into a lamp post because they are too busy with their phone I expect kids are doing much the same. Can't see the forest for the trees kind of thing, they may be walking around outside but are they really seeing outside or would it make absolutely no difference if they were on a treadmill with a VR headset.

Walking and getting exercise is certainly better than kids getting none, but it's not like they are outside communing with nature, they are just further down that path of can't go 4 seconds without looking at their phone which I think ultimately is bad.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Fair point, but better to be active on a phone than sat in their bedroom on the phone?

FYI my fianceé is a teacher and my mate is a site manager for a large building contractor, hence the example.. I certainly don't hang around any school yards to know this first hand :p

V F

V F

Soldato
GPS spoofing?

Caporegime
Fair point, but better to be active on a phone than sat in their bedroom on the phone?

FYI my fianceé is a teacher and my mate is a site manager for a large building contractor, hence the example.. I certainly don't hang around any school yards to know this first hand :p

hehe, after I posted I realised it kind of sounded like I was implying that, I just meant plenty of people have either their own kids or family with kids to know exactly how it was going. Due to my knees I barely get outside so haven't got a clue if all these well people, not just kids, are walking around like zombies entirely unaware of their surroundings.

I did say that yes, definitely good that people are getting more exercise, but I feel like the more we make it okay to walk around outside with your head buried in a screen the overall worse we get as a society. It's already too acceptable for people to ignore everyone and just focus on their screen rather than pay attention or talk to people more.

Soldato
Associate
im playing hoping they add some more fun features into the game at a later date like battling each other rather than battling AI pokemon that people have left at the gyms.

to describe it i would say its like wandering the wilds and things pop up on you. similar to battle in final fantasy. you can track them down but its not exactly simple to do that, i just wander hoping things pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom