Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Soldato
I pre-ordered the Nova bundle for the extra DLC content and the sound track. Quite expensive but given that it is a game that will keep me occupied for hours I see it as a reasonable investment.

Edit: Now just to pre-order Hearts of Iron 4 :).

Also the pre-order bonuses you get when you pre-order with Steam and from the Paradox Store are pretty great. I wasn't expecting that. Good on Paradox to reward their loyal players.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Odd - they must have put the price up since yesterday - just checked my receipt and it was definately £29.99.

You will get 20% off with the 'APR20' code - but still a fiver more expensive that yesterday :(

Soldato
Preordered off cdkeys while it's still £20. Probably won't play it for months as I'm trying to finish my mammoth steam catalogue by then it will be had for a fiver plus £60 worth of dlc like ck2.

Associate
From Paradox's website:

Recommended:
OS: Windows 7 x64 or newer, Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 850 @ 3.3 Ghz or Intel i3 2100 @ 3.1 Ghz, Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: AMD HD 6850 or Nvidia GTX 560TI with 1024MB VRAM, Latest available WHQL drivers from both manufacturers, DirectX: 9.0c, Storage: 4 GB available space, Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card, Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers, Special multiplayer requirements: Internet Connection or LAN for multiplayer.

You should be good to go!

Man of Honour
Quite interested in this, however I was also interested in EU4 until I played it and found it too overwhelming and ended up going back to Civ5.

From the videos that I have watched , this looks a little more newbie friendly and might tide me over until Civ 6 launches later in the year.

However, I do worry that I will find it too overwhelming as well and again end up going back to Civ 5. Wish there was a demo of this where I could check it out first.

Associate
Quite interested in this, however I was also interested in EU4 until I played it and found it too overwhelming and ended up going back to Civ5.

From the videos that I have watched , this looks a little more newbie friendly and might tide me over until Civ 6 launches later in the year.

However, I do worry that I will find it too overwhelming as well and again end up going back to Civ 5. Wish there was a demo of this where I could check it out first.

I felt the same way about EU4 while toying with the demo. I couldn't get past all of the mechanics. Civ5 has always been my thing but it'd be nice to have a change.

I believe they've designed Stellaris to be a lot more noob friendly in this regards.

If you're on the fence, I highly recommend buying it on Steam when it's released and request a refund if it's not your cup of tea.

Soldato

I felt the same way about EU4 while toying with the demo. I couldn't get past all of the mechanics. Civ5 has always been my thing but it'd be nice to have a change.

I believe they've designed Stellaris to be a lot more noob friendly in this regards.

If you're on the fence, I highly recommend buying it on Steam when it's released and request a refund if it's not your cup of tea.

If either of you want a hand learning some basic EU4 things let me know, put many hours into that damn game :D

Back
Top Bottom