Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The Guardian are reporting that Real Madrid have come in for Suarez now, they'll be more difficult to hold off than Arsenal, they will likely bid a bit higher though.

If they've just spent £93m on Bale, can they afford £50m for Suarez too... :/

Does this mean Ronaldo is on! :p

Either that or they are selling us Benzema and Di Maria and using that money.

Don
The Guardian are reporting that Real Madrid have come in for Suarez now....

Not quite. With talk that Arsenal are bidding for Benzema some people have speculated that Real might sell and bid for Suarez. Rodgers was then asked about the possibility of Real bidding and said it's too late for a deal to happen.

Caporegime
Not quite. With talk that Arsenal are bidding for Benzema some people have speculated that Real might sell and bid for Suarez. Rodgers was then asked about the possibility of Real bidding and said it's too late for a deal to happen.

Rodgers may say that, but this is the move Luis really wants more than anything and he may throw the biggest paddy the football world has ever seen. To the point where Liverpool just find it unable to turn a bid of around 60m down.

Caporegime
Despite all Arsenal supposed £70mill to spend on players, we are still going budget shopping.

Flamini on board now

Actually very happy with Flamini. He is a quality DM. Exactly what we need. People are money orientated. It's only because he's played for us before and that he's a free transfer that people are "meh" about the whole thing.

If he was still a regular at AC and we was paying in the region of 10-15 million, people would be all over it.

Soldato
Actually very happy with Flamini. He is a quality DM. Exactly what we need. People are money orientated. It's only because he's played for us before and that he's a free transfer that people are "meh" about the whole thing.

If he was still a regular at AC and we was paying in the region of 10-15 million, people would be all over it.

But it begs the question why was he released by Milan?

Soldato
Rodgers may say that, but this is the move Luis really wants more than anything and he may throw the biggest paddy the football world has ever seen. To the point where Liverpool just find it unable to turn a bid of around 60m down.

I thought he was going to throw a paddy after you lot won last night? Also weren't u convinced 40 million was the absolute limit anyone would be willing to spend on him.. ?

Soldato
Spurs fans must feel well ****** off if this is true about Willian. Even as an Arsenal fan, I feel a bit bad for them. It is very poor form.

should've seen it coming really. oscar and hazard flirted with us and then chelsea gazumped us. it's not a dead cert that he's going to go to chelsea but they will throw more money at him and they have cl. if all he's after is a pay day then that's fine. we're building a team, we don't want people in for a pay cheque only.

still be very pleased if we got him. as good as were in the qualifier tonight, it was quite apparent that sig is not the person to give the service soldado requires. wouldn't surprise me if we sold him, he looked out of his depth.

capoue is out best signing of the window imo. great player. we are well covered for the physical and interception side of thinks we just need so creativity.

Soldato
oh guess who willian's agent is

joorabchian. screw that. move on.

I met him once. At an office he had near Euston Station. Strange character. He inherited a car dealership from his father who passed away suddenly and he proceeded to run it into the ground and blame everyone else. I had to tell him to either put some more money in or lose the franchise. He let it go bust instead.

Soldato
I met him once. At an office he had near Euston Station. Strange character. He inherited a car dealership from his father who passed away suddenly and he proceeded to run it into the ground and blame everyone else. I had to tell him to either put some more money in or lose the franchise. He let it go bust instead.

how the heck does one become a football agent? i'm considering it myself :p

Don

I seem to remember you saying similar things about Suarez proposed move to Arsenal. How did that work out?

The later it goes the less likely we are to sell Suarez and the more expensive he'll become. I personally think it's unlikely that Real will make a move for him. After what they're spending on Bale, I don't think they can make a serious move for Suarez, even if they sold Benzema (which is far from likely).

Anyway, that wasn't the point of my post. I was simply correcting what Robbo said the Guardian were reporting.

Soldato
Again Arsenal doing it wrong. Podolski, hasn’t been that great so far, but he has been playing mostly left wing. He doesn’t have the pace of trickery for that position. Play him upfront, might be a different story.

Caporegime
Would you really want a player that would flip flop like that at the last minute anyway?

Anyway, I'm going away tomorrow morning, I'm back Monday evening. If there's no more Utd transfer news by then....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom