Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Fair enough, if you sign him we'll see. I'm not saying he'll be amazing immediately, but with time you could have another RVP on your hands.

WE won't because he doesn't play anything like RVP, I can't see a single thing that resembles the way he plays, and with RVP at his price, we couldn't lose, if he failed we lost almost nothing, he didn't and we got a great player. If Jovetic fails, its another VERY expensive failure in a long line of failures, if he's fantastic, he's simply only worth what we paid.

Every single season with NO exception in the history of football there are equally good players, ones who are overvalued and those that are undervalued, there is zero business sense, or reason to buy the overvalued ones. in the past 20 years there has been a handful of players who are an exception, huge commercial value, completely unmatched quality, Ronaldo's, Zidane's, Beckhams, etc. Jovetic is no huge commercial draw, no where near unmatched quality, and not well priced... its a big risk with basically no reward, even excusing the post above, in which he seems another in a long line of strikers of a type Wenger seems to think he wants, but refuses to use properly... so whats the point.

Soldato
WE won't because he doesn't play anything like RVP, I can't see a single thing that resembles the way he plays, and with RVP at his price, we couldn't lose, if he failed we lost almost nothing, he didn't and we got a great player. If Jovetic fails, its another VERY expensive failure in a long line of failures, if he's fantastic, he's simply only worth what we paid.

Every single season with NO exception in the history of football there are equally good players, ones who are overvalued and those that are undervalued, there is zero business sense, or reason to buy the overvalued ones. in the past 20 years there has been a handful of players who are an exception, huge commercial value, completely unmatched quality, Ronaldo's, Zidane's, Beckhams, etc. Jovetic is no huge commercial draw, no where near unmatched quality, and not well priced... its a big risk with basically no reward, even excusing the post above, in which he seems another in a long line of strikers of a type Wenger seems to think he wants, but refuses to use properly... so whats the point.

Maybe he does want another player like Giroud. When he is out we dont have anyone to fill that role, unless Bendtner stays and makes a fight for his place.

Its nice to be linked with players but nothing is in stone and for all we know it could just be another rumour. I'm sure they would have looked at him carefully before spending big. Youtube might not do him justice

It will be interesting to see which loan players come back.

Man of Honour
Jovetic is a top class player! I'd be impressed if Arsenal sign him, it would be an amazing signing!

The few times I've actually seen him he's looked pretty average, and I had fairly high expectations given how good he is on FM etc. :p

£30m~ seems excessive but he might well be good.

Soldato
OP
Whats he like? Must be good for Wenger to make him his highest ever signing.

There were also rumours of Fab coming back... now that would be a signing ;)
Very good. He's more of a second striker sort of player, rather than a poacher/Van Persie type of player. He has the vision, creativity and flair to do well in many top teams. Jovetic along with Ljajic have created a very good front pair for Fiorentina this season, but none of them are real strikers.

I feel he can fit in well in some sort of 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 formation, playing behind a lone striker (Giroud) and near Podolski. Midfield can be formed by Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta.

£30mil for a striker that has in the past 3 seasons, missed an entire season, and hasn't scored more than 14 league goals before, £30mil, honestly £20mil sounds like too much. He's 23 already, has had a serious injury not too long ago(but two relatively full seasons since) and from what I've seen, he spends most of his game dropping deep, controlling the ball and passing forwards, which is what Giroud is pretty good at BUT Arsenal rarely play in a way suited to that part of Giroud's game. From vids of the goals he's scored, I'm not particularly impressed, there are few if any super high quality goals that make me think he's something special.

As for a coup, when Arsenal spend 20mil + on someone and pay more wages than they've paid before, and no one else has offered more, it only says no one else wanted to offer more, which suggests its not a coup, simple as that.

I haven't seen much of him, but his record isn't great, and youtube is questionable at best. Though in general a glittering clip of 10 awesome goals and a few tricks, when someone has played several full seasons isn't proof they are any good, when those video's lack any absolute quality at all.... maybe that is slightly more telling.

IE put any players 20 best moments across 5 years in 30 seconds of clips you can make them look amazing, but when 3-10minute video's show very very little true quality at all I think that can mean an awful lot more.

he's 6ft , not very fast, goes down a lot, doesn't score much, and seems at his best with his back to goal playing deeper, is that what Arsenal need? In the current team, not even slightly, however if we buy other players, the right kind of winger and put a top class finisher infront of Jovetic... maybe he would be the right player.

However for 24-30mil(seen both numbers quoted of late), he doesn't come across as a 30 goal a season striker at all.

FOR **** SAKE STOP COMMENTING ON **** YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. I SWEAR YOU JUST LIKE ARGUMENTS. **** OFF.

Caporegime
Looked very ordinary ????

So you know what would have crowned Man Utd Champions for the last six successive seasons ??? 3 Points. 2 in 2009/2010 and 1 in 2011/2012. If being ordinary means a remarkable level of consistency then bring it on.

What measure are you using to judge who is the 'best' from Kagawa and Hazard ? 3 Champions medals on the bounce perhaps, 2 in Germany and 1 in England. But of course and incredibly consistent United team carries all these 'Average' players don't they

Some Basic Stats

Kagawa

Games 20
Goals 6 (1 goal every 3.33 games)
Assists 3
Shots 21 (Converts 1 in 3.5 attempts)

Hazard

Games 34
Goals 9 (1 goal in every 3.77 Games)
Assists 11
Shots 63 (converts 1 in 7 attempts)

So in front of goal just on shots to goal ratio who do you go for ?

These stats don't mean much. Football is player on too large a field with too sporadic chances to start mapping shot percentages. This isn't hockey where you have hundred s of shots a season to start pulling averages from.

Kagawa tapping 3 in here or there vs hazard curling one from nine from outside the box is difficult to quantify objectively.

Soldato
There wasn't any for Carroll but that didn't stop you slinging big money at him :p

Spurs offered 27 million for Carrol that was rejected by Newcastle as they knew we were sniffing around.

Anyway Reina to Barca looks pretty much nailed on, Pepe is driving it himself but the club are 'happy' for him to leave by all accounts (reported on Sunday on various outlets by a few journos, no idea if its been in this thread, only just heard it myself - listening to TAW podcast from yesterday)

Bergovic is being looked at by the club as a replacement (Jonothan Northcroft reporting)

Soldato
Very good. He's more of a second striker sort of player, rather than a poacher/Van Persie type of player. He has the vision, creativity and flair to do well in many top teams. Jovetic along with Ljajic have created a very good front pair for Fiorentina this season, but none of them are real strikers.

I feel he can fit in well in some sort of 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 formation, playing behind a lone striker (Giroud) and near Podolski. Midfield can be formed by Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta.

When he was coming through he was very much a poacher, and as he's developed he's dropped back a little bit. He can finish though.

DM, I'm not saying he's going to be like RvP now. A few seasons back, when RvP was playing off the front as a number 10, he was very similar to what Jovetic is now. Jovetic can develop similarly.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
These stats don't mean much. Football is player on too large a field with too sporadic chances to start mapping shot percentages. This isn't hockey where you have hundred s of shots a season to start pulling averages from.

Kagawa tapping 3 in here or there vs hazard curling one from nine from outside the box is difficult to quantify objectively.

On the subject of Kagawa, Klopp did an interview with The Guardian:

He hits his head with his palm. "Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji's best role. He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw. But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others' arms, when he left.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league

**** just got real.

Not too much of a surprise but I think Cavani will suit the Premier League nicely.

Soldato
Rumours are Cabaye is leaving this summer.

I 100% believe these as it's been clear to all he hasn't been interested all season, we thought this might change when his mate (Debuchy) arrived in January, but it seems not.

It was also clear to me that when he went off in the second half against Arsenal, he was very much waving goodbye to the fans...

I'd take £20m for him now! Use that money to buy another goal scorer and replace Cabaye with someone of Santi Carzola's quality...

Soldato
That is an almost guarantee Andy I hope!

Txiki want's to employ a 4-3-3 system at the club, Aguero will be one of the wide forwards unless of course the rumors are true and he is off.

The other will be an out and out winger I hope unless we go for how Barca do it with one of their wide three being Iniesta, so we could use Silva or Isco if he joins as well in that position.

From what I have seen he isn't completely dependent on wingers so if we go for a different way of doing it he won't be as severely hampered like Dzeko is.

Elmuzzy, From what I have read and the people I have spoke to, these kind of decisions are now going to be made by the DoF and the scouts etc and the "manager" is just a coach and doesn't have complete control of who he wants.

I am sure the new manager if it is indeed Pellegrini will have been briefed on all of the deals we are doing as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom