Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It's them just flopping it on the table because they missed out on Neymar and they want to still claim to have the biggest wang in the land.

LOL wang lololol.

Seriously though crazy money for Bale, hes had one really good season and now hes supposedly worth more than Ronaldo??...not a ****ing chance in hell he is. But thats Real for you, more money than sense and they like to ***** big money on players that arent anywhere close to what they pay other than Ronaldo.

Rumours are that Wenger is looking at both Benzema and Casillas...no idea if its true but please Wenger stop teasing us and just sign a few players.

Was reading the sun earlier today and the back page made me crack up with Wenger being given an extra £25mill to spend after last nights win and then going onto say its Wengers worst nightmare as he wouldnt know what to do with it:D:D. Sadly i cant post up the backpage as the sun now wants you to join in order to read their articles :/

Caporegime
I assume Flamini wouldn't sign as he hated left back, he'll see the team, Gibbs the sicknote and Monreal is injured, defensive crisis :p

For numbers he'd probably be okay, he's been decent enough for Milan, can't quite remember what the deal with him leaving was. I think he left before and resigned for them IIRC. I can't remember if he signed on a free way back when and got a decent wage because of it, but they wanted to give him less when his contract was up.

A quick Wiki check, yeah he spent the entire 11-12 season out injured, left at the end of the season then a couple weeks later resigned for another year on a much reduced wage(I think both because of missing the previous season injured and initial contract was artificially high due to no transfer fee). he played 18 times for them last year, nothing fantastic, not bad. I'm sure he'd help with the numbers and played quite a bit at right back, central mid in offensive and defensive roles and obviously decent at left back for us years ago. So he ticks a lot of "utility player" boxes which would certainly help. SIgning on another player with a serious injury within the past two seasons player isn't entirely encouraging though.

I'd honestly like to sign a couple guys built like brick walls who haven't missed games in 5 years, because those are the kinds of crucial to the team rocks you build a team around.

Soldato
OP
He spends his time on here in a dribbling state of confusion. Has he ever been right about anything...

I spend my time in here dribbling in a state of confusion?

All your posts are in this very thread, and you tell me that I spend all my time here? I think I posted less than 20 times here, while over half of your recent posts have been here.

Its obvious that I have never been right about anything if I gave one opinion. I gave one opinion, which people consider to be wrong (but when you say Borini is a flop, everybody says its too quick to conclude that).

Fact of the matter is, at the moment, Tottenham look stronger than Arsenal, and in my eyes, can get top 3. Arsenal sold some good players last year, but at least they got Podolski and Giroud. This season they sold a lot of backup players (leaving them with a very small squad) and they bought one unproven kid who played in lower leagues.

Caporegime
Fact of the matter is, at the moment, Tottenham look stronger than Arsenal, and in my eyes, can get top 3. Arsenal sold some good players last year, but at least they got Podolski and Giroud. This season they sold a lot of backup players (leaving them with a very small squad) and they bought one unproven kid who played in lower leagues.

Only player we sold last year was RVP;), didnt sell anyone else and if we did then they werent very good and didnt make an impact on the squad.

Soldato

All your posts are in this very thread, and you tell me that I spend all my time here? I think I posted less than 20 times here, while over half of your recent posts have been here.

Its obvious that I have never been right about anything if I gave one opinion. I gave one opinion, which people consider to be wrong (but when you say Borini is a flop, everybody says its too quick to conclude that).

Signing lots of players doesn't mean you are stronger, new team, new country, maybe even new language for some. But I think they have spent their money well.

Arsenals trouble is that they are their own worst enemy. If they stay fit then we have a good chance of 4th, maybe higher if the other teams gel badly.

The backup players they sold were either rarely used or not really that bothered, no loss there except numbers but saving a few pennies for the war chest. :p

In the next 12 days if we had only three players to choose from, then it would be CB, DM and splash the cash on someone great up front.

Caporegime
Signing lots of players doesn't mean you are stronger, new team, new country, maybe even new language for some. But I think they have spent their money well.

Arsenals trouble is that they are their own worst enemy. If they stay fit then we have a good chance of 4th, maybe higher if the other teams gel badly.

The backup players they sold were either rarely used or not really that bothered, no loss there except numbers but saving a few pennies for the war chest. :p

In the next 12 days if we had only three players to choose from, then it would be CB, DM and splash the cash on someone great up front.

Blood did you watch the game last night?? i thought we did pretty well although Fenerbache isnt exactly a strong team. Really impressed with Ramsey but i agree with you, if we are going to buy this transfer window then minimum i want a CB, DM and a decent striker to support Giroud.

Caporegime
You can moan about squads and players and argue about who's the best, but really? Football is not played on paper.

Sepp Herberger said:
The ball is round. The game lasts ninety minutes. This much is fact. Everything else is theory.

I think Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United & Liverpool are all more than capable of getting a top four spot. Don't spend all your effort bitching about who's got the better squad, (remember that mental Spurs fan who claimed Spurs had the second best squad in the League years back? :D) just enjoy what is going to be a fantastic twelve months of football!

I think there are a number of other clubs that are going to be seriously looking at a top ten finish too, so yeah, can not wait to watch more football this season.

Soldato
So much hate for Spur's positivity, only time will tell if it will pay off.

So far they've spent £60m and sold £20m, so they haven't really spent that much overall. If the Bale sale goes through they'll be up £50m before possible purchases of Willian and Lamela for a total of £60m, taking their overall spending to £50m. They're also being linked again with Damiao if they can offload Ade to Besiktas.

MW

The Damiao link is becoming tiresome tbh, we've been linked with him more than when we were linked with Figo a few years back :p. I really can't see us getting him, or more to the point, him wanting to join us.

Either way, if we can seal the Willian and Lamela deals then I think we're good to go and just got to hope that our CBs don't hit the self-destruct buttons and their legs fall off.

Soldato
As a United fan, Im quite excited by what Spurs are doing. Taking a step back and looking at the individual players they have bought and are looking to bring in its a good pool of potential, it will be interesting to see if AVB can bring it all together; although I do still think they could do with a top CB.

Associate
As a United fan, Im quite excited by what Spurs are doing. Taking a step back and looking at the individual players they have bought and are looking to bring in its a good pool of potential, it will be interesting to see if AVB can bring it all together; although I do still think they could do with a top CB.

True. I am an Arsenal fan and hate to to say spurs have bought well. however come end of the season we will see how they gell together. but the Idea of going out and getting who you need is what Arsenal have to do not....."we are working hard" as Mr AW would say.:)

Caporegime
Meh according to Wenger, our transfer starts now ie as in today seeing as we have more or less got CL qualification now.

Just hoping he has some big names that are incoming, i know he said that Suarez is now dead in the water so wont be looking at him. Wouldnt mind seeing us putting in a bid for Rooney, only to see what happens as Rooney doesnt look happy at all playing for Utd anymore and id hate to see him go to Chelsea :/

Associate

I didn't say you spent all your time here. The fact you quoted then repeated what I said yet still came up with that is even more amusing. Well done.

Caporegime
Why the hell would Rooney want to go to Arsenal though :confused:

I could have said the same thing about your chase for Fabregas;):p. I dont know why he would come, im just saying we could give it a shot with a bid and see what happens :confused:

If he did come to Arsenal, he would be the main man which is what he wants. Only problem is his wage demands unless hes willing to take a wage cut.

Seriously Shami stop getting your knicks into a twist for gods sake, its only a thought/idea. We havent got anything to lose by making a bid on the guy.

Soldato

As a Spurs fan I am trying REALLY hard not to go stupid with it, but it is the most exciting time in my 26 years supporting the club, I would like to keep Bale although almost certainly going now as I was too young to appreciate Ginola and we have not had a real star player in my life time, shame if he goes.

That said I think we need a LB and a CB more than we need Willian or Lamela. If we get those 2 and a CB/LB I might melt down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom