Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
What colour are the side bits? Reminds me of one of the triads on the deathwing, so thinking like zandri dust or something. Actually more like Screaming Skull.

Looks great anyway :) I have plenty of unopened boxes if you fancy something new :D

Last edited:
Soldato
@NoxiaCheers :)

It’s AK grey brown, AK decomposed flesh, and AK vampiric flesh, from dark to light.

Trying to decide if I do 5 terminators next, or scouts, or some Flash Gitz and Kaptin Badrukk for the army that I actually play with at the moment!

Decisions

Last edited:
Associate
Ordered the Artis Opus Series S 5 brush box set this morning, lets hope they live up to the hype, I have 3 of their M Series and they seem to be fine.

Getting fed up with the GW medium and small layer brushes, basically they keep losing their shape plus stray bristles keep popping out, I use brush soap to clean them after use and also I am very gentle with them :(

These are not the white synthetic brushes that they produce, or am I painting too much ;)

Cheers All

Soldato
Ordered the Artis Opus Series S 5 brush box set this morning, lets hope they live up to the hype, I have 3 of their M Series and they seem to be fine.

Getting fed up with the GW medium and small layer brushes, basically they keep losing their shape plus stray bristles keep popping out, I use brush soap to clean them after use and also I am very gentle with them :(

These are not the white synthetic brushes that they produce, or am I painting too much ;)

Cheers All
Synthetic don’t last a crack. They will always start to get a hook. Some of my GW brushes look like a hedgehog. I seem to be going for my cheaper brushes I got from the range more than the GW ones.

I have the ones with the fatter belly longer bristles. Paint stays wetter for longer. Series S They are superb. Finding them better than my W&N series 7 miniature but I believe I should have purchased just the normal series 7.

TBH there does seem to be much difference the sizes in the Artist opus series S sizes. They all come to a super fine point!! Probably will never need to buy a detail brush ever again!!

I'm after a nice work horse size 2. Redgrass games seem to have a nice one.

Last edited:
Associate
My most used brushes. As you can see the Range brushes ain’t half bad. Really disappointed with the Raphael’s they were superb to start off with.

There is a size 2 in the Series S set that I ordered yesterday, one of the reasons that I picked up the 5 brush set.

I have been using the GW animal hair brushes (black handled ones) they do not last well at all even after using brush soap on them.

Soldato
There is a size 2 in the Series S set that I ordered yesterday, one of the reasons that I picked up the 5 brush set.

I have been using the GW animal hair brushes (black handled ones) they do not last well at all even after using brush soap on them.
It's more like a detail brush!! the point is amazing. In that set in mine the 000 doesn't look like the others and more like the W&N. That's a size 2 Raphael at the end. After something similar. The Series S size 2 would fall in-between the two Raphael's but just looking at it I know I would have no problem doing detailed work with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got the week off work and I'm stripping models :D

They seem to be coming out cleaner and quicker with a straight dunk into the ultrasonic cleaner in IPA.

I much prefer the look of decal's than the GW sculpted shoulder pads

Soldato
Got the week off work and I'm stripping models :D

They seem to be coming out cleaner and quicker with a straight dunk into the ultrasonic cleaner in IPA.

I much prefer the look of decal's than the GW sculpted shoulder pads

YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO THAT!

My IPA is pure black now but it still works, I wonder if there is a way to clean it though, sometimes a bit comes off and I have to fish around looking for it. I'm getting my restart syndrome kick in, I think I'm going to try and paint a few chapters I like and see what comes out best. I am wondering if a sort of custom scheme may suit me better as it stops that hang-up I have with 'wrong detachment' rule for the army.

Lost motivation after losing my black recipe. Also 100% agree on decals over sculpted, I prefer working with them and easier to weather (says the person who has never weathered anything). Think next step is strip 3-5 minis, then try the schemes I have in mind.

Also have a load of metal minis for Burrows and Badgers coming, they are already assembled which is nice but never tried to paint fur.

Associate
YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO THAT!

My IPA is pure black now but it still works, I wonder if there is a way to clean it though, sometimes a bit comes off and I have to fish around looking for it. I'm getting my restart syndrome kick in, I think I'm going to try and paint a few chapters I like and see what comes out best. I am wondering if a sort of custom scheme may suit me better as it stops that hang-up I have with 'wrong detachment' rule for the army.

Lost motivation after losing my black recipe. Also 100% agree on decals over sculpted, I prefer working with them and easier to weather (says the person who has never weathered anything). Think next step is strip 3-5 minis, then try the schemes I have in mind.

Also have a load of metal minis for Burrows and Badgers coming, they are already assembled which is nice but never tried to paint fur.
Contrast paint as your first layer on the fur which will provide some nice light and dark areas, then drybrush over the top, which is how I did the fur on Ushoran ;)

Gore Grunta fur or Cygor Brown is a good base contrast.

Check out Warhipster's Black Talons painting video where he does a really nice fur cloak on one of the models ;)

Soldato
Contrast paint as your first layer on the fur which will provide some nice light and dark areas, then drybrush over the top, which is how I did the fur on Ushoran ;)

Gore Grunta fur or Cygor Brown is a good base contrast.

Check out Warhipster's Black Talons painting video where he does a really nice fur cloak on one of the models ;)

Thanks, There are various kinds, Mice, Fox, Weasels etc so would want to make them look different. I understand a lot more fur in AOS stuff too.

Associate
Thanks, There are various kinds, Mice, Fox, Weasels etc so would want to make them look different. I understand a lot more fur in AOS stuff too.
Just had a look at the Burrows and Badgers figures they look really good, seriously though they look perfect for contrast painting as there are loads of details and not too many flat areas.

Love the leather details too, perfect for a Gore Grunta Fur basecoat with a reikland fleshshade wash over the top ;)

Soldato
Just had a look at the Burrows and Badgers figures they look really good, seriously though they look perfect for contrast painting as there are loads of details and not too many flat areas.

Love the leather details too, perfect for a Gore Grunta Fur basecoat with a reikland fleshshade wash over the top ;)

Luckily I have both of those :) Well, TTC equivalent called Flesh Wash but I got Gore Grunta Fur and Cygor brown for sure. I guess I can make use of blacks/greys too, there is no rules with how you paint them plus I can always go with they dyed their fur for their warband :D

Put a few of my Chaos things on FB locals, I've come to peace with the fact I probably won't be straying too far until I have SM's playable. Gives me back some drawer space (not to be filled until other stuff made/painted).

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
So these turned up today. Designed them myself and used a local company to 3d print them, 10 sets of end bits to go on some angle aluminium and create a new paint rack. They have holes in the tops and bottom to stack also.

Just spraying up a base and then will assemble them :D

Screenshot_20240312-152313.png

Soldato
:D I’m going to be busy!!
I don’t think they enjoy the dip into the Ultrasonic cleaner as they broke it lol. The lid broke and the handle on the basket. Good job it’s just a Lidl special. Had these stripped in two hours.

Associate
So these turned up today. Designed them myself and used a local company to 3d print them, 10 sets of end bits to go on some angle aluminium and create a new paint rack. They have holes in the tops and bottom to stack also.

Just spraying up a base and then will assemble them :D

Screenshot_20240312-152313.png
They look good I could have printed those out for you ;)

Give me a shout if you need anything else doing :)

Back
Top Bottom