Tabletop Warhammer?

Zom

Zom

Associate
I cant stress enough just make sure you clean out your airbrush each time after use & it will serve you well :)
This is what I’m most worried about TBH. I’ve been watching quite a few YouTube videos about how to clean and maintain properly. Just got to stay disciplined with it I guess.

Associate
This is what I’m most worried about TBH. I’ve been watching quite a few YouTube videos about how to clean and maintain properly. Just got to stay disciplined with it I guess.
Another tip for you, you can mix up some car screenwash & use that as an airbrush cleaner to flush the brush out if you change paint colours.

Set your compressors air pressure to 30 psi to start with and see how you get on.

What type of primer are you using ?

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve got some Vallejo air primer in white, grey and black. I also got some flow improver as well.
Same stuff that I use, just put a couple of drops of the flow improver into the brush first then pour in the primer and you should be ready to go.

If your paint starts to bubble in the pot then thin the paint down a bit, but you should be ok using the primer straight out of the bottle.

Let us know how you get on ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
you have a complete gem of an airbrush. The beauty of H&S is how easy they are to maintain. The best accessory you can buy for it is one of those squeeze tattoo bottles. Makes clean out and colour changing easy. You don’t have to strip the airbrush to clean it every time. Just don’t let the paint sit in it. I believe that ultra has a clean out flush mode that will completely open up letting you flush the paint out pretty quickly.

Oh Dear Old World Orcs and Goblins pre order next Saturday not more plastic ;)

Cheers All
I’m still resisting. Might lose if they announce Woodelfs lol

Soldato
OOoo If anyone is into kit-bashing get yourself a photo etched saw. A saw that is as thick as a razor blade. Can cut guns from arms and still have two useable bits

Soldato
I'm resorting to psychology to get over my slump. I've taken all my pillow pile of shame out the drawers and not have visible on top of some other drawers.
Also reorganised things so it's less of a hassle to get out.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm resorting to psychology to get over my slump. I've taken all my pillow of shame out the drawers and not have visible on top of some other drawers.
Also reorganised things so it's less of a hassle to get out.

Don’t take this the wrong way because it’s not meant to be snidey - have you fully completed and based any models so that you can say “yep that’s finished, don’t need to do anything else”?

If you haven’t, honestly just pick your closest model to finished, and just bang it out, base it, and put it on the shelf. It doesn’t have to be perfect but just get one or preferably some models properly completed. It feels so much better.

I have literally an embarrassing amount of half finished models kicking about, I haven’t shaken the habit completely as I’m easily distracted but I’m much better than I was when I started and the difference in terms of satisfaction and sense of achievement is night and day.

Soldato
Don’t take this the wrong way because it’s not meant to be snidey - have you fully completed and based any models so that you can say “yep that’s finished, don’t need to do anything else”?

If you haven’t, honestly just pick your closest model to finished, and just bang it out, base it, and put it on the shelf. It doesn’t have to be perfect but just get one or preferably some models properly completed. It feels so much better.

I have literally an embarrassing amount of half finished models kicking about, I haven’t shaken the habit completely as I’m easily distracted but I’m much better than I was when I started and the difference in terms of satisfaction and sense of achievement is night and day.

Wouldn't have taken it like that at all :)

The issue, as it always has been is I start enthusiastically with something and then something else catches my eye, usually as a result of something going wrong (like forgetting my recipe for Iron Hands). I think if I had the Airbrush from the start it would have helped but it is what it is.
Fact of the matter is I don't really know what I want. Latest thing to catch my eye, Sons of Medusa, much more interesting than black, but then I think of my Deathwing models, I think Dark Angels are pretty boring all round so begs the question what I was ever going to do in the first place. Noting you can paint whatever you want outside of official tournies etc I'll never enter.
One of the reasons I quite like chaos undivided, it makes sense thematically having a mixture of chapters etc.
Maybe what I want is Astartes undivided, and there's nothing wrong with that. I have my five salamander terminators done, the ironhands are nearly done but I do have the problem with the one that doesn't look the same and I can't recall how to get that black again. So I guess finishing them would be a starting point even if I decide to paint the other models a different scheme.

Basically everything in here is unfinished bar my salamanders, and even those need to be varnished as I got basing spray on them which made it look glossy.

Actually this is a big appeal to me of some of these smaller skirmish games I've been playing. 6-10 models doesn't seem that daunting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Varnish the Salamanders and put them out somewhere imo, seems a shame to have them hidden away.

Can you put together a kill team from anything you've got, can probably do an Intercessors one right? Maybe just get that on the go and finished, if nothing else you'll get the satisfaction of having something else that's finished.

Just finished up two Terminators, I'm digging these models. Fun to paint as well.

Zom

Zom

Associate
OOoo If anyone is into kit-bashing get yourself a photo etched saw. A saw that is as thick as a razor blade. Can cut guns from arms and still have two useable bits
Do you have any brands you'd recommend? Silly question but do you use them in a sawing motion or do you just press down?

Zom

Zom

Associate
Any GSC players/painters? My birthday is coming up and there on shortlist and just trying to find more painted examples since they don't seem to be played as much on Youtube
Are you part of the GSC discord (discord.gg/8SfvSMb)? Other place that's good for inspiration is Instagram (I know I know), but once you find a few GSC posts and start liking/following the algorithm will start showing you loads more GSC content :)

Soldato
Are you part of the GSC discord (discord.gg/8SfvSMb)? Other place that's good for inspiration is Instagram (I know I know), but once you find a few GSC posts and start liking/following the algorithm will start showing you loads more GSC content :)
Thanks mate I didn't think of searching for discord group, and I don't want to go on Instagram, less social media platforms the better, I only use FB because it's pretty much replaced forums nowadays

Soldato
Do you have any brands you'd recommend? Silly question but do you use them in a sawing motion or do you just press down?
I bought the AK one as I was just browsing in the shop. Sawing motion and slight pressure. You can literally saw space marines hands away from the forearms in the small gap in the armour at the wrist. The blade’s aren’t much thick than paper lol. Definitely for delicate work

Last edited:

Zom

Zom

Associate
I bought the AK one as I was just browsing in the shop. Sawing motion and slight pressure. You can literally saw space marines hands away from the forearms in the small gap in the armour at the wrist. The blade’s aren’t much thick than paper lol. Definitely for delicate work
Thanks will take a look. Does look an awful lot like a double-edge razor blade but I imagine these are even thinner.

Soldato
@PardonTheWait The Salas will be used. Rate I'm going I'll have 20 terminators and not a lot else :)

I've got loads of these little bags so I decided to keep my sub assembled units inside to stop them getting dust when I come to paint them.
Also I must be the slowest assembler ever, granted I was doing stuff on my phone a lot as well but I only assembled those three models in probably about 2 hours or more. Not adding up.

Looking forward to the reveals tomorrow. Hoping for primaris size chaos marines personally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom