Tennis

Soldato
That makes her sound like a proper ********* frankly. Federer, Djokovic, and Nadal all had incredibly successful relationships with coaches. I'd be surprised if her questions were more probing than three players who literally changed the sport

Soldato
Just saw this article, doesn't reflect well on her IMO.

Was going to say the exact same.

That makes her sound like a proper ********* frankly. Federer, Djokovic, and Nadal all had incredibly successful relationships with coaches. I'd be surprised if her questions were more probing than three players who literally changed the sport

Yup but even then they did mix and match up a bit with different former players. Edberg/Becker/Goran/Moya etc

Soldato
Andy saying he’s not enjoying playing tennis anymore - maybe a sign that it’s dawned on him that his career is over.

Real shame as he had the world at his feet before his injury. Just tainting his legacy now though.

Associate
I wonder how she would feel if all her ex coaches started explaining what went wrong with her…
I hate to right her off but seems a bit of a one hit wonder. There are natural born winners, the ones that make it look effortless, both body and mind deliver win after win. She is not this and so like with Andy, you have to really fight for it, you have to really want it, so bad that you can (on rare occasions) move past those natural born winners. Alittle luck can help as well.

She strikes me as someone that looks for reasons of failure not in herself but others. Hopefully she’ll grow out of this phase.

Soldato
I hate to right her off but seems a bit of a one hit wonder. There are natural born winners, the ones that make it look effortless, both body and mind deliver win after win. She is not this and so like with Andy, you have to really fight for it, you have to really want it, so bad that you can (on rare occasions) move past those natural born winners. Alittle luck can help as well.

She strikes me as someone that looks for reasons of failure not in herself but others. Hopefully she’ll grow out of this phase.

Reading that I completely agree.

I seen Canada won the BJK cup and it was Fernandez who won the final match.

Wonder if she’ll kick on.

Soldato
Should have a protected ranking low enough for Australian open entry. Even she didn't she'd get a wildcard anyway. She'll for sure want to play some warm up tournaments before then though. Problem will be the women's tournaments even the 250s and 125s can be pretty stacked with high quality competition. Might be better to play some ITF matches first.

Next season is looking pretty exciting on the WTA tour. The battle between Iga, Sabalenka, Rybakina etc.. for #1. The return of Wozniaki, and Osaka might help mix things up too.

Fernandez finding some form, Anisimova possibly returning too, Raducanu's return. Badosa back from injury, and a second season for Andreeva, who had an amazing year in 2021.

Caporegime
That’s a bit of a harsh description without context.

She dominated the opening set before Svitolina pegged her back and looked awesome for most of the second set. Not sure if it was mental or physical fatigue but she went off the boil fast during the second set tiebreaker and third set which isn’t unsurprising given her 8 month lay off.

Beating the 39th seed and pushing the 2nd seed all the way, all while looking injury free, is a very good start to the season and she’s in the main draw for the Aussie Open.

That’s a bit of a harsh description without context.

She dominated the opening set before Svitolina pegged her back and looked awesome for most of the second set. Not sure if it was mental or physical fatigue but she went off the boil fast during the second set tiebreaker and third set which isn’t unsurprising given her 8 month lay off.

Beating the 39th seed and pushing the 2nd seed all the way, all while looking injury free, is a very good start to the season and she’s in the main draw for the Aussie Open.
Good point.

I just saw it on the news and rushed here with my disappointment!

Glad to hear that she dominated though before tiring and showed lots of her aggressive and fierce past form.

Caporegime
Her serve was lacking but she was aggresive as hell and matched Svitolina for points won and winners in the first two sets. Svitolina massively underestimated her in the first set and ended up 5-1 pretty fast, she had to change her game to stop Raducanu walking the match and did excellent herself.

Her serve was lacking but she was aggresive as hell and matched Svitolina for points won and winners in the first two sets. Svitolina massively underestimated her in the first set and ended up 5-1 pretty fast, she had to change her game to stop Raducanu walking the match and did excellent herself.
That's great news and definitely feel more positive for her!

Back
Top Bottom