*** The 2015 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They tried to get me to sign up for platelets but too much time commitment. Also, they need more evening appointments! Surely they limit their possible donation lists by having session during weekday daytimes? It's down to how little they pay the staff I guess

I enjoy that it gives me an excuse for mad eating before and after including steak to regain iron levels ;)

Man of Honour
OP
I've always wanted to do it, but had a phobia of needles up until my time with creatine. Now it's just finding the time to do it as they always seem to come when I'm away or am busy

Man of Honour
I need to go back as well. But they made live so hard. May have changed now, but it used to be on bank Holliday. Who wants to give blood in bank holiday, that's all day drinking. And then you had to book.

Edit - local hospital which is just down the road do blood donation every day now. Will have to find my card, register online and get booked in.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Apparently not, I asked a while ago when I went with some colleagues and while there are some restrictions while on cycle with certain compounds, having used doesn't disqualify you from giving blood and she said I'd be welcome to give blood any time

Soldato
^
Thats all it states
"You've ever received human pituitary extract (which was used in some growth hormone or fertility treatments before 1985)."

Wish I could donate blood :/

"You have received blood or think you may have received blood during the course of any medical treatment or procedure anywhere in the world since 1st January 1980."

Soldato
Chest DOMS - I only get them with dips and never from bench. A sign of not using chest properly when benching? I'm a weakling at both - 3x5 @ 70kg for bench or 5x8 dips

Man of Honour
OP
Then you're probably not keeping your shoulders pinned back and using them a lot more in the movement than you should be :) at least you know what the problem is

Soldato
Problem i find with benchpress is i cant get the barbell to touch my chest as it feels very un-natural? i get about 1-2 inches off usually which is fine? i feel the stretch still and my chest has changed a fair amount.Should i lower weight and try to make it go to chest or it's not worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom