icecolds Mobilty Thread
Steedies Diet and Macros Thread
Form guide and discussion
Post your bodies up boys, Bodybuilders Pics Thread
Home Gym Thread
mrthingyx's Clean And Jerk Guide
Sports Arena Competition/Event Calendar

Just starting out? Make sure you keep a log here

2015 is upon us, and whether you had a good year in the gym in 2014 or not, it's time to put it behind you and make sure 2015 is your most productive year yet.

This thread will hopefully help you achieve that with the amount of knowledge available in this forum.

To 2015 my fellow gym rats!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
As someone who ignored chest pains after an intense back session with HIIT for 12 hours only to call the doctors and get rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack, I wouldn't mess around. Always get things checks when it comes to your heart, that episode taught me that the NHS will never think you're wasting their time when it comes to the heart no matter how minor you think it is, as they are very thorough!!

Luckily, after X-Rays, an MRI and an angiogram it turned out to be pericarditis so I was lucky, but it could have been a lot worse and I'd be paying the price for leaving it so long!

Man of Honour
OP
What's a WNBF pro...would it be safe to assume if someone is one they'd have a good idea of what they're talking about with regards to working out?

WNBF is a natural bodybuilding organisation, so you'd hope if he managed to get his pro card he's pretty clued up. But then I know people who have managed to get a pro card in their first year because they're just so gifted and genetically blessed, knowledge wise they were clueless.

Man of Honour
OP
I do quads twice a week

First day is high reps and volume work, second day is strength work so low reps (3-5 max). I tried doing two high volume days but it was just too much

Man of Honour
OP
Can I suggest doing the leg extensions first?

Leg extensions aren't really a mass building exercise, not that you can't develop your quads with them, but I see them either as a finishing exercise but primarily as a warm up. To get blood into the quads and warm up the knees.

Especially if you're doing squats. I find my squats are a lot more comfortable after I've warmed up on leg extensions.

Man of Honour
OP
Weighing yourself daily isn't the best idea when trying to gauge your caloric requirements, as normal fluctuations can cause you to think you are losing or gaining when really, it's just water weight etc.

Work out a number and stick to it for two weeks, weighing yourself at the end of both weeks. Then either add or remove calories accordingly

Man of Honour
OP
Some of the ingredients are hilarious, not sure how people rely on these to lose weight. Granted I think they can be very useful for losing that extra pound or two in a pre-contest diet if used properly, but just used casually as part of a way to get lean, they wouldn't do anything.

I remember my last show, I used Gaspari Mitotropin. Crazy stuff. Used to make me feel so sick and hot all day, would feel like I had a fever and would sweat constantly, but they stopped making them...probably for good reason! :p

Man of Honour
OP
I'm still well happy about it this morning. I really neglected training incline for ages, now I do that more than flat bench everything has come up.

I much prefer incline pressing movements, I feel it a lot more in my chest and get a better pump from it. Although now I've sorted my shoulders, I do get a bit more out of flat movements, so am trying to use some again.

Man of Honour
OP
I get nothing from decline bench press, I think it got adopted by some bros back in the day and then became a regular lift in the gym. Without wanting to sound like a dick, the only guys I ever see doing it are the new guys who have no clue

Man of Honour
OP
I give up with jeans too, it's why I only have like 4 pairs, everytime I try and buy more I get frustrated. Either don't fit the legs, or do but have no shape anywhere and just look baggy.

36/38" waist is what I usually have luck with

Man of Honour
OP
It depends on what your working set is, it might not be the most sensible approach but a few of the bigger guys at our gym who bench 180+ will literally jump straight in at 100kg.

Man of Honour
OP
I've always wanted to do it, but had a phobia of needles up until my time with creatine. Now it's just finding the time to do it as they always seem to come when I'm away or am busy

Man of Honour
OP
Apparently not, I asked a while ago when I went with some colleagues and while there are some restrictions while on cycle with certain compounds, having used doesn't disqualify you from giving blood and she said I'd be welcome to give blood any time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom