• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
What was the ban even for? A permanent ban does seem a bit harsh. Especially if you take into account everything he did for the gpu sub.
I don't think the admins discuss ban reasons - but there was a lot of passive aggressive chatter between a few people across lots of threads. A bunch of threads just became slinging matches - but I do agree with others, Matt brought a lot to the GPU forums and was really great at giving advice/help.

Soldato
As mentioned we do not disclose what led to a ban, all I will add is that it is not the decision of one person alone and must be agreed by the whole moderating team.
Well it wouldn't be the first time in the history of OcUk forums to offer a reprieve-someone got gfx access removed in the past then got promoted to a mod! :eek:

Thankfully the mod status didn't last too long.
:p

Last edited:
Associate
I'm getting blue screen crashes with an RX 6700XT after a couple of minutes of watching web video, sometimes even quicker. Doesn't crash with anything else.

I've googled and disabled hardware acceleration within Chrome but still getting the same problem. Have also tried the latest drivers and the ones before that, no luck.

Any suggestions?

Associate
I'm getting blue screen crashes with an RX 6700XT after a couple of minutes of watching web video, sometimes even quicker. Doesn't crash with anything else.

I've googled and disabled hardware acceleration within Chrome but still getting the same problem. Have also tried the latest drivers and the ones before that, no luck.

Any suggestions?

Does it crash with high load? And if it doesn't, then apply a dummy load to it (like a benchmark in a window) and then watch a video does it still crash? If not I'd look at it being unstable at its low power states and the higher voltages are alleviating the stability issues.

Last edited:
Associate

Any suggestions?
Check if Windows installed and overridden your manual driver install.

If so, just reinstall the most recent driver on top, don't ddu otherwise Windows will reinstall again on top of your driver install.

I've had windows do that to me.

Associate
I just ran 3dmark. Temperature never gets above 64 degrees and the score is 12099. No stutter, lag, crashes or anything and certainly not the blue screen/crash I get on web video.

Have now disabled the windows updating of drivers (in advanced system settings, right?) and will reinstall latest over the top again.

Soldato
I just ran 3dmark. Temperature never gets above 64 degrees and the score is 12099. No stutter, lag, crashes or anything and certainly not the blue screen/crash I get on web video.

Have now disabled the windows updating of drivers (in advanced system settings, right?) and will reinstall latest over the top again.
Download and run an app called WUB-Windows Update Blocker, disable Windows Update, install the driver then turn windows updates back on.

Soldato
LOL you've got 2 hopes @tommybhoy , slim and none.

The Lt obviously ****ed off the wrong people...

(tbf he can be very irritating :p )
The mods should be neutral, he may be marmite to some, but helpful to the point of being more valuable to this section of the forum than not, also...
I know plenty of people in here who can be irritating :p and I include myself in that by the way :).
I'll echo that sentiment, but your ok most of the time.:p

Caporegime
I don't think the admins discuss ban reasons - but there was a lot of passive aggressive chatter between a few people across lots of threads. A bunch of threads just became slinging matches - but I do agree with others, Matt brought a lot to the GPU forums and was really great at giving advice/help.

I am someone who is quite easily wound up, i'm quite highly strung as many of my gaming mates can attest to, i scream and moan at the most trivial stuff sometimes, i'm glad they know me well enough to just take the _____ out of me when i get like that or just tell me to shut the _____ up.

It used to get me in to a lot of trouble on this forum, but i have learned that the most aregious thing you can do to people when they are trying to wind you up is to ignore them, not react at all, it takes a bit of discipline but once you have it mastered its a much more blissful existence and better for your own health.

Last edited:
Associate

Get furmark or perhaps valley benchmark or something that will run in a window, put load on the card in the background with one of those tools and watch the video again at the same time to see if it will crash. You might even be able to just download occt and use it as a load if you don't want to use something graphical. You need to determine if it's the video task that's causing it to crash or if it's the video task coupled with the lower power state the card would normally use to decode.

Have you found anything else that causes it to crash such as standalone video in MPC-HC/MPV/VLC/Your media player of choice?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom