• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato

New Feature Highlights​

Fixed Issues​

• Improvement to intermittent driver timeout or application crash experienced while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2 on AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs. AMD is continuing to investigate additional reports of driver timeouts and application crashes while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • Improvements to excessive stutter while playing various games, including Battlefield™ 2042, Destiny 2, Overwatch 2, Monster Hunter: World, PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS and STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II.
  • Deathloop may experience extended loading times on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
  • Dead Space may experience an application crash after enabling RTAO on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
  • Intermittent application crash when first launching Enshrouded or changing Anti-Aliasing settings on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Shadows may appear bright, or reflections may be missing while playing Enshrouded on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • HDR settings may intermittently fail to take effect while playing certain games such as Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth.
  • Intermittent driver timeout or application crash may be considered while playing Counterstrike 2 with FSR enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
  • Graphics API metric may be incorrectly reported as DirectX® 12 for some Vulkan® games.
  • After a system reboot, Parsec host application may experience a crash on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
  • During Microsoft Teams meetings, the camera may intermittently display looped footage on some AMD Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840U Processor.
  • Oculus Rift S may display with a green tint on AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • AFMF may be inaccurately displayed on select hybrid graphics configurations, particularly in systems where one of the devices lacks support for AFMF. AFMF must be supported on the displaying GPU to be activated.
  • Mouse lag or stutter may be observed when selecting the discrete GPU as the primary display adapter on certain mobile systems, such as an AMD Ryzen™ 9 6900HS Mobile Processor paired with an AMD Radeon™ RX 6800S Mobile GPU.

Known Issues​

• Intermittent driver timeout or application crash may be experienced while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2 with 100% GPU utilization on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Starcraft II™ on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Overwatch® 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 and above series GPUs. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • World of Warcraft may experience extended initial loading times with DirectX 12 API on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
  • Shader caching may fail for Windows usernames containing accented characters. [Resolution targeted for 24.3.1]
  • FPS performance metric may incorrectly report values while a game is minimized. [Resolution targeted for 24.3.1]
  • AMD SmartAccess Video may be incorrectly reported as “Available” on some systems with the Parsec Virtual Display Driver installed.
  • Performance drop may be observed while using some DirectML workloads in Topaz AI.
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

Important Notes​

• For users who previously installed an AMD Software preview driver, running AMD Cleanup Utility is recommended before installing this driver.
  • Some per-game graphics profiles may have incorrectly been set to HYPR-RX Eco after a driver upgrade. Users experiencing this issue may use the Factory Reset option to return all profiles to default.

Last edited:
Associate
yeah that BF2042 was important the previous driver it was jerking yet hitting 100+fps... now with the new driver today, it's running like SILK. Thanks AMD... at least you fixed what you broke in the first place hahaha, however I can try and enjoy this game now
Yep, had a few games this morning and it is SO much better now.

Associate
Does it improve fps for your cards?
To be fair I've not had the FPS number overlay on for BF 2042 for some time, I was always consistently hitting 175+ fps so never felt a need to keep an eye on it.

The patch hasn't changed the way it feels, I'll put the FPS overlay on later and have a few more games and let you know.

Caporegime
yeah that BF2042 was important the previous driver it was jerking yet hitting 100+fps... now with the new driver today, it's running like SILK. Thanks AMD... at least you fixed what you broke in the first place hahaha, however I can try and enjoy this game now
BF2042 runs really well on AMD cards, the XTX for instance is roughly 20% faster than a 4080!

Associate
Had a little play with AFMF last night on ARK:SA.... I'd forgotten I had it enabled until I opened the overlay to check something else, then thought "ah yeah, it has been running pretty smoothly :D "

This was still on 24-1-1, so I'll have to remember to turn it off for BF2042 when I update and test later! (as I had a little play on that too but the stutter was pretty noticeable)

Associate
Has anyone experienced strange temperature readings since the new drivers? I installed them this morning and have just noticed that my gb temperature seems to be sitting around 70oc When just doing normal day to day desktop stuff and browsing etc.
The strange thing is, When I run a game which pegs my gpu at 95%+, The most I see from my temperatures is 80 to 83 with the hot spot within a 10 to 15 degree delta.

Associate
Hi all, I have a Water cooled Nitro+ 7900XTX - 5900X No OC - TG 3600Mhz Ram CL16 - X570 Strix Gaming
I Only really play MW3 MP and its been rock solid stable for over a year on 23.11.1. Until a few days ago a weird bug in Das Haus map it would randomly crash.

Decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 24.2.1. Fixed the crash in Das Haus and this seems stable. The game runs great and I think even better with this driver, But now I think im having an issue with OCing the GPU Ram anything above 2680Mhz and fast timing on seems to cuase some instability. Driver crash in desktop in MW3 Game menu and also in game. This was perfctly fine on 23.11.1.

Ive since left the Fast timing off and and applied a lower OC 2550Mhz and this seems to be fine for the past few hours of playing MP.

Will continue to test in the next few days. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Managed to have another play tonight with a much higher OC on the GPU core at 2850Mhz - Fast timing on and Ram OCd to 2560 and it has been completely stable for almost 4 hours giving the card a good run in MW3. Im going to leave it at that for now and continue to test a few other settings. :)

Last edited:
Soldato

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Release Notes​

Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-24-3-1

New Feature Highlights​

• New Game Support​

• Dragon's Dogma 2
    • Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition
    • Outpost: Infinity Siege
  • Expanded HYPR-Tune Support
    • Dragon's Dogma 2
    • Diablo® IV
    • Ghostrunner 2
    • Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Fixed Issues​

• Excessive micro stutter may be intermittently experienced after enabling AMD Fluid Motion Frames for select games.
  • Improvement to intermittent driver timeout or application crash experienced while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2 on AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Starcraft II™ on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Improvements to reduce initial loading times while playing World of Warcraft with DirectX 12 API on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
  • Purple corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost and Raytracing enabled.
  • Some characters may appear invisible or have missing textures while playing Cossacks 3.
  • Flickering lights may be observed while playing Space Engineers in certain indoor environments.
  • The maximum memory tuning limit may be incorrectly reported on AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 GRE graphics products.
  • Shader caching may fail for Windows usernames containing accented characters.
  • FPS performance metric may incorrectly report values while a game is minimized.
  • GPU Acceleration may be missing/greyed out in Adobe Premiere Pro on some hybrid graphics systems.
  • Performance drop may be observed while using some DirectML workloads in Topaz AI.

Known Issues​

• Intermittent driver timeout or application crash may be experienced while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2 on dual monitor setups on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
  • Intermittent application crash may be observed while playing Lords of the Fallen and entering certain areas on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 24.4.1]
  • Artifacts may appear in certain mud environments while playing SnowRunner on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800. [Resolution targeted for 24.4.1]
  • AMD SmartAccess Video may be incorrectly reported as “Available” on some systems with the Parsec Virtual Display Driver installed. [Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

Important Notes​

• For users who previously installed an AMD Software preview driver, running AMD Cleanup Utility is recommended before installing this driver.
  • Some per-game graphics profiles may have incorrectly been set to HYPR-RX Eco after a driver upgrade. Users experiencing this issue may use the Factory Reset option to return all profiles to default.

Package Contents​

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Driver Version 23.40.27.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.21912.14).

Last edited:
Associate
Had my 7900 XT since May 2023 and never had a single driver problem both on Windows and Linux.

In fact it's the most stable experience I have had of any GPU so far.

Framegen sucks and I always run native res in games, though I am at 1440P so not too hard.

Last edited:
Associate
Had my 7900 XT since May 2023 and never had a single driver problem both on Windows and Linux.

In fact it's the most stable experience I have had of any GPU so far.
Yeah, definitely agree with this. This is my first AMD card since the RX 480 and the driver performance, stability and updates have been flawless for me.

Caporegime
RX 7800 XT.

New driver seems flawless even in Helldivers 2.

For the first week of the game i couldn't run Screen Space Global Illumination, it would crash, so i ran it without, trouble free, then the game was patched and AMD released the Helldrivers 2 Beta driver, i don't know if it was the Helldivers 2 patch or AMD's Helldriver 2 Beta driver that fixed it, but it did.

With those drivers and now these drivers it run's rock solid, and i have more than 100 hours in the game, already :o

However, a friend with an RX 7900 XTX has a lot of crashed, and no matter what he does, even running it with all graphics on low and in forced DX11 it doesn't seem to make a difference, or sometimes it will run fine for a couple of days making him think the latest thing he tried worked and then it starts crashing again.....

Hopfully this driver will sort it out for him.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Out of interest, has the performance been improved too? I read it was a little lacklustre on AMD cards at launch.

It has a bit yes, by about 10 FPS on my GPU.

Bear in mind this is overclocked, i don't actually know what the performance is stock, 1440P Naive everything maxed, other than motion blur which is off.

YSLU3cT.png

Because this is mandatory :D

doaGhSt.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom