The Apprentice 2024

Caporegime
Did Tim look so "Big" previous years? Looked absolutely huge in a few scenes last night.

Episode 1 was much worse than previous years. A lot of people who can't cook or swim! BUT, it's one of those shows I watch cos it's so bad, it's good :p This year I promised myself I will just watch the main show and skip the You're Fired show.

rp2000

Caporegime
I thought that too. And Karren looked very plastic.
Karen gets more plasticky every year and smiles less every year :p

Tim's been in the gym! He's not even flexing :D
CfM2bmY.png

rp2000

Commissario
When Karren spoke to them about crumble instead of breadcrumbs, I was expecting her to use the line that Nick Hewer immortalised when he told them they'd used 450g of sandalwood oil: "Anyway, I'll leave it with you".

Caporegime
And Dr. Asif was on Dragon’s Den.

I immediately recognised him as I'd seen this pitch on Youtube recently. He was a plonker in the Den and he's gonna be a plonker in this. With his maths skills, I expect him to go in the 1st half of the series:

rp2000

maj

maj

Soldato
Thought there was worse on the boy's team than the one who went. He had a bit of a mare in the kitchen but at least he had a go.

Soldato
When the doctor started clapping the 50% refund I thought Sugar is going rip him apart for his sarcasm but he then genuinely believed they'd won because for some reason he didn't realise refunds were taken from the top line?!?
I wonder if he's a big fish. Poor Stuart 'The Brand' Baggs (RIP), he wasn't even a fish.
But he did have a whole field of ponies though.

Last edited:
Associate
“Fair enough mate”

Great response there.

Asif is a proper ****
I knew Paul B a few years ago when he started training as a speedway rider. That's him all over. He does make a decent pie !! He is also importing electric speedway bikes.

https://bowenpies.co.uk/ :)

as for a proper ****... none worse than Karren Brady ... speaking as a West Ham fan !! Evil woman.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Am I imagining it or was the "corporate away day" (episode 1) and "design a food item to sell to corps and public" (episode 2) tasks were usually not this early in the series? Usually much later, when there are a lot less candidates.

Task was as disastrous as normal. I was expecting some quantity confusion when the Girls were doing their maths, but it seemed to work out fine.

Not a fan of Asif, but I agree they should have just got rid of both the Pie Men! The one that's left, his bold claim to stay in the competition was "no-one has said a bad word about me in the tasks so far". I mean the shows 2 weeks old, so that's no big claim to fame! He seemed almost scared to charge more money for their cheesecakes, not very smart for profit based tasks.

rp2000

Soldato
He seemed almost scared to charge more money for their cheesecakes, not very smart for profit based tasks.

rp2000

Probably where his experience actually went against him, as he priced them at what would be a realistic price tbh, not a 'comedy made up price that's for an entertainment show and wouldn't stand up for 2 mins in the real world' like the women did :p

Associate
Every series has had it's share of deadwood but in recent years there's barely been anyone credible involved: and that includes Tim and (especially) Karen (sorry Baroness Brady). The situations they're in are contrived and totally unrealistic (like a company agreeing to pay £14 for a small cheesecake to name but one example) and so the results just seem completely arbitrary.

I still watch out of force of habit but increasingly it's more like watching episodes of The Office mixed with Big Brother. At this point I think they just need to scrap it and start again with a proper entrepreneur in charge and a different format.

Soldato
Am I imagining it or was the "corporate away day" (episode 1) and "design a food item to sell to corps and public" (episode 2) tasks were usually not this early in the series? Usually much later, when there are a lot less candidates.

Task was as disastrous as normal. I was expecting some quantity confusion when the Girls were doing their maths, but it seemed to work out fine.

Not a fan of Asif, but I agree they should have just got rid of both the Pie Men! The one that's left, his bold claim to stay in the competition was "no-one has said a bad word about me in the tasks so far". I mean the shows 2 weeks old, so that's no big claim to fame! He seemed almost scared to charge more money for their cheesecakes, not very smart for profit based tasks.

rp2000
These tasks have been done all over the series - early on, like this series, halfway - when there's 10 candidates left and episode before the interviews. The latter has one poor sod making whatever they are making whilst the other two in the team go and design the brand, talk to clients etc.

Back
Top Bottom