The Apprentice 2024

Caporegime
I've rewatched season 5, 4, 3 and 2 since the current series started. It's made me take off my rose tinted glasses tbh, the contestants going back are just as bad as the recent series. The only difference is we were much more into "Reality" shows back then and it was much more popular and got less negative feedback.

Despite contestants being just as idiotic as today, we took a liking to them, and the advisors interviewers were less mean in general. The tasks were all newer as well, so felt less repetitive. It was much more of a cultural thing back then, I guess we didn't really have streaming or non linear viewing yet either. I definitely remember people talking about Last nights episode in my office every week. Not sure if it still like that these days. Maybe someone who works in an office in the UK can comment?

Literally just finished Series 2 and there were soo many cockups! Michelle Dewberry, The Badger, Saeed and Paul. All made so many errors yet were just more likeable or maybe I was less mean back then!
Series 3 with Simon Ambrose, Katie Hopkins, Tre not much better.
Series 4 with Lee "Reverse Pterodactyl", Claire, Raef Bjayou mostly the same.
Series 5 with Yasmina, Kate Walsh and the idiot Phil Taylor.

In short, contestants have always been donuts, the viewers were just kinder back then!

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
In the past Alan Sugar has defended the contestants when people have said they’re idiots. I wonder if he’ll bother if someone calls them out this year.

I’m going shopping at 10 and I’ve decided to try getting a 75% discount in Morrisons.
Didn't he once call someone and idiot and he withdrew when he was in the boardroom?

Spot the future right-wing frother/GBeebeis presenter.
Did I miss something?

I think the lady who negotiated £200 should have gotten fired.

Also when I heard jersey, first thing I thought of was a type of jumper.

Soldato
@rp2000 Series 3 - the selling British food to the French. The losing team bought a shed load of catering Cheddar. The thing that Lord (then Sir Alan) Sugar asked the teams to buy at cash n carry was things like paper plates, packaging for customers to take their purchases etc - not for food.

Soldato
I iiked the blue car design, the orange one wasn't good. Both logos were rubbish, the blue one looked like Outrun.
I thought the blue car design was a better livery design. However, I'm not sure the hexagons would have stood out on TV coverage when the car is in motion. The orange and green could have more design flare. However, I liked that he turned it to his advantage with TATA being Indian. It did remind me of the old Force India liveries. Both logos were dire!

Caporegime
If they had a brain they would have a "white" car with amazing advertising potential.
They are morons.
The Indian colour scheme was by no way a mistake... Maybe that Sikh guy has a brain cell?
Oh well another GCSE design c grade :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
I listen to a podcast called 'The rest is Entertainment' with Richard Osman and Marina Hyde

Richard said when it first started on UK TV, they would film it with Alan Sugar hiring both the final candidates and deciding in the edit who won!

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
This weeks is on par for the most cringe episode of the series so far.
Cringe in what way?

I was surprised with the team that won - I was sure they would lose due to refunds as the tour was so bad. I guess the wine tasting at the end made the customers forget how bad everything before that was!

Glad one of the losers that's lost every task is gone, about time, just need to get rid of the other one now, probably next week. :D

Soldato
Surprised the wine group won, tour seemed boring as heck. Foloshu is lucky she did well on previous tasks as this failed because of her deciding to stay in 1 place until the near end.

Caporegime
Dunno how Noor made it this far tbh. Having watched multiple seasons of this show in the last few weeks, she is easily the thickest candidate to have made it beyond the first few weeks. Some of the sentances/phrases she uses don't even make sense. Obviously English isn't her 1st language but still.

Anyway, Home shopping channel task next week, always guaranteed to be a good task.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom