The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Associate
It's not like it hasn't happened before, but it sure makes the "conclusion" exciting if it was a triple threat match.
Some people are maybe predicting a Roman+rock vs Seth + Cody in Elimination chamber, since Seth took advantage of the situation being a "face".

Seth at the end was funny. Stepping in for Cody and getting all irate with Roman / Rock.

Soldato
I see a lot we want cody. I really dont see why other than the rock in the mix, and WWE building on the finishing the story, storyline from the start and the other hype.

This also make no sense, if you think about it, it was planned like this, if they wanted The Rock vs Reigns, the rock would have won the rumble or started building up a storyline as soon as he cam back, not saying one cryptic line and hopping it works.

I also had no real interest in the Cody till now (little interest now), What I wanted was the bloodline story but that should have been a year ago when it was hot, but now that cant work with most of the bloodline story already finished and needing more time to do it right again, bring the members back together.

They chose cody and have been building it up.

They are building the story well, could do with some improvements.

Associate
It is a weird position when they brought back Randy orton, AJ styles and they have been pushing LA Knight as well to compete against Reigns.
Lets not forget CM punk came back and sadly got injured, who knows who he would have picked for wrestlemania if they made it out like he was going to win.
Now it looks like they will be taking the back seat until it all plays out in wrestlemania.

Caporegime

Came across this on YouTube, Paul Wight looking in rough shape, plus seems to have gained a lot of the weight back he lost. At the end of the video its like watching Andre in his last years wrestling with him keeping his hand on the ropes.

Associate

Came across this on YouTube, Paul Wight looking in rough shape, plus seems to have gained a lot of the weight back he lost. At the end of the video its like watching Andre in his last years wrestling with him keeping his hand on the ropes.
To be honest a lot of them are reaching a age where they shouldn't really be performing anymore.
I'm just guessing Big show is only doing it for some extra retirement funds.

Associate
can’t be having the Rock as a heel, the nostalgia is too much. Ok for the young 15-20 year old fans as they don’t remember the glory days

The roasting he gave on SD was hilarious. The crowd did not know whether to cheer or boo throughout and the Cody finish the story was funny. The Jordan and Jazz era NBA was a good inclusion and Paul had to hide his laughter at one point.

Soldato
Interesting stipulation for WM regarding Rock/Reigns/Rhodes/Rollins. So 2 scenarios I can see. Rock and Reigns win on the first night stacking the odds massively in the favour of Reigns/Bloodline for the championship match on night 2 where either Rhodes wins by somehow overcoming the Bloodline on their own terms or Rock has just been playing along to betray Reigns costing him the Belt as he is always the “Head of the table” or second scenario is the the expected one of Rhodes/Rollins wining on the first night(maybe with Rock causing the loss setting up a feud with Reigns for “Head of the table” status) after Rhodes pins him clean as he had no Bloodline backup.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've actually been getting gradually back in to WWE.

I can't be arsed watching 5 hours of Raw and Smackdown a week, but there's enough clips that WWE put out on Youtube to get the gist, plus Simon Millers ups and downs videos.

I watched Elimination Chamber with my wife though, and we both enjoyed it for the most part. Rhea Ripley is a fantastic talent.

Will definitely watch Wrestlemania 40 this year.

Caporegime
I did see one theory that Rollins may turn on Cody and allow Reigns to keep his title which would be interesting twist.

It sort of made sense last year to keep Roman as champion, because everyone was expecting Cody to win - And then he didn't so it was a big shock.

If they did it again this year, it would be too much and would actually hurt Cody I think.

Associate
If Cody doesn't win it at WM40 i don't think the fans will support him again at these current levels. Would be stupid not to give him the win
It can go 2 ways I guess, if he wins then what kind of "story" would they go next for Cody?
Continue the feud with the bloodlines as they may want to regain the title.
Start a new feud with other wrestlers like Randy Orton(good shout as they were team mates), LA Knight gets another opportunity, AJ Styles is after the title still.
OR people will find Cody Rhodes boring as his "story"/momentum is done and dusted.
If he loses then yeah it wouldn't go in his favour again potentially.

Caporegime
The problem is, heels make the best champions.

Once a face wins it, they lose a big part of what made them good - fighting against the odds.

Sometimes they become tweeners like Rhea Ripley though.

Back
Top Bottom