The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Associate
The comments on the WWE YouTube channel also echoing similar that Cody is being shafted and Rock shouldn't be headlining the main event. Seems HHH still playing it safe and going against making it new and interesting. He will be gassed after a few minutes after the 10 minute ring walk.

Man of Honour
OP
I reckon it will be made a Triple Threat match before we get to Mania. I'd say normally WWE would just bury their heads and ignore the backlash, but their social media is getting rinsed at the moment, number 1 trending topic in the US two days running, they'll have to do something

Soldato
Get Cody to win elimination chamber and then face Rollins on Night 1 of Wrestlemania while Rock and Reigns do their thing then Cody Faces Reigns on Night 2. Cant see it happening tho.

Could also see Reigns drop the belt to someone else before WM and him blame on Rock then Cody wins the belt from Whoever takes the belt from Reigns. This would also lead into Reigns saying he was never beaten by Cody for the title and onto next WM.

Soldato
I wonder if rather than it being The Rock wanting the glory, it's actually Reigns refusing (or creative don't want him) to drop the title to an active roster member, so they're setting up a WM where he'll drop it to The Rock (probably not clean, Cody interference).

Then it'll transpire that Cody's agreement with The Rock was for the first shot at the title at Backlash, whereby Rock drops it to Cody (again possibly not clean, Reigns interference as revenge).

Then they can let Rock / Reigns wind down whole bloodline thing without it tying up that title for 6 more months, whilst Cody starts a run and fued with someone else.

Soldato
I do think they've painted themselves into a corner with the whole Reigns scenario, being basically undefeatable and they're not really sure of the best way out.

Involving The Rock gives them opportunity to take the title without him showing weakness to anyone currently active and it also gives a half decent angle to break up the stable and never even need much more than mic work from The Rock in the process.

Then once Reigns is on his own, they can send him chasing his old title for a bit but have detached themselves from him having to win all the time, so they'll be less worried about showing him lose title matches with the likes of Cody.

It's always awkward finding a believable way to end an 'invincible' storyline that isn't jarring and it only gets worse when you've been stringing it along for years.

Last edited:
Associate
Good to hear some balancing views put forward. Only time will tell with that one but the Bayley opponent declaration was a good one and a lot more credible. Her stable's acting in the ring was great and Bayley dropping some light Japanese and their shock.

Soldato
It was a few weeks back that Rock reappeared dropping hints about 'head of the table' wasn't it? Pre Rumble I think.

So I have to hold out some minor hope there's some semblance of a plan to it all and they aren't just making it up as they go.

In isolation it seems a total waste to give Cody the rumble win when they already seemed in process of throwing The Rock into the Reigns storyline anyway. If they already knew they wanted Reigns vs Rock, why would they even mess about giving Cody the rumble win?

Surely they're not THAT daft?

Associate
It was a few weeks back that Rock reappeared dropping hints about 'head of the table' wasn't it? Pre Rumble I think.

So I have to hold out some minor hope there's some semblance of a plan to it all and they aren't just making it up as they go.

In isolation it seems a total waste to give Cody the rumble win when they already seemed in process of throwing The Rock into the Reigns storyline anyway. If they already knew they wanted Reigns vs Rock, why would they even mess about giving Cody the rumble win?

Surely they're not THAT daft?

They must have a vision in-mind as Rock becoming a board member he would want the product to be credible and continue to go far.

Soldato
It's always awkward finding a believable way to end an 'invincible' storyline that isn't jarring and it only gets worse when you've been stringing it along for years.

Should have had the Bloodline slowly collaspe after the Usos lost the tag titles. WWE teased it, but it was apparently just to seperate Jey.

Despite the commentators selective amnesia after any Roman match ignoring the interference and pushing him as a dominate champion, everyone can see he only wins with the Bloodline. Follow through with the eventual split after the Usos lost the title, leaving an isolated, but still arrogant Roman Reigns thinking he can do it alone, he is the tribal chief etc. Standard Roman match, Roman on the backfoot, ref goes down, except this time he realises he is alone and there is no help. Cody wins.

Perfectly believable. Everyone with eyes (except the commentators) can see that for the past 4 years Roman is only invinicible because of the Bloodline, because every Roman match is basically the same. So without the Bloodline, Roman loses.

Everyone assumed this was where the tease of the split was going because it made sense.

Instead we are left with either.
Rock loses, probably the same way as everyone else, Roman's title reign is dragged out even more with him barely showing up.
Rock wins, the rest of your roster looks like a joke. For years no one could beat Roman, but a 50 year old man who hasn't wrestled in years can.

Associate
The good old he said this about my family, but its ok for them to bash somebody else family. Perfect logic, definitely something to be excited for in the coming weeks.

Associate
It's not like it hasn't happened before, but it sure makes the "conclusion" exciting if it was a triple threat match.
Some people are maybe predicting a Roman+rock vs Seth + Cody in Elimination chamber, since Seth took advantage of the situation being a "face".

Back
Top Bottom