The Callisto Protocol

Man of Honour
OP
Anyone that takes Mack the meme seriously needs to have a think. Surely you know by now this is his "thing"?
Slating games does appear to be his thing, particularly if the game is a big name title but he did say after the initial backlash to that video that he stands by what he said in it, was only far later, that he U-turned on it and gave the game a high score. He always makes a point of stating that he is one of the few honest reviewers and tells the truth when others dont.

Could be a lie within a lie though I suppose. Trouble with being like that is when does a person take Mack the meme seriously. Is his 0/10 review serious or to be ignored or his 8/10 review serious or to be ignored. If the viewer doesnt know if any of his reviews are "real" then that means you have to ignore every single review he ever does...which obviously isnt much good if you are trying to be a reviewer of products.

Man of Honour
I wrote a little review from a personal standpoint of the game on Neowin for anyone who cares to take a look. I think i was pretty fair and scored it on its merits but removed points for its downfalls.

I expected more, but still enjoyed the atmosphere and overall gameplay.

Man of Honour
OP
I wrote a little review from a personal standpoint of the game on Neowin for anyone who cares to take a look. I think i was pretty fair and scored it on its merits but removed points for its downfalls.

I expected more, but still enjoyed the atmosphere and overall gameplay.

Thats a decent review, if I may give a little feedback on it and this is just a personal thing, I'd open with the Developer/Game section and move the technical part that you have at the top, to just before the Final Thoughts section.

As I say, just a personal formatting thing but I've always liked the Developer/Game Info > Graphics > Audio > Gameplay > Multiplayer > Longevity/Replayability > Technical > Conclusion method of reviews. I've always felt thats a good flow for a review.

Man of Honour
Ah that's fair, I kind of followed what was high up on top of my thoughts at the time of writing, and since the game was still fresh, the technical stuff was #1 up there. Will jig those around this evening :cool:

Man of Honour
Only one way to tell really and that's try it. The load times on SSD are basically instant so wouldn't have thought a HDD would be too long although nobody has this installed on a HDD that I have seen so you could be the first :p

Caporegime
I don't have the game but there are subtle difference where RT is better, but not a 60 FPS better.

Having said that, this only proves that while RT is a good thing, a lot of games such as CP 2077, simply turn off all normal reflections and shadow effects in order to make RT look good.

Or that developers didn't want to spend a lot of time and effort to get raster looking as good.......

@mrk

Does hdr work well in this?

Last edited:

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

That Worth a Buy is the biggest bum I’ve ever seen. He fell over and broke his arm chasing kids. It’s the men that give him money to buy a house and everything to go with it that worries me. I’d rather give to a children’s hospice or make a wish than a grown man that does nothing but feel sorry for himself. I wouldn’t trust his review of Callisto Protocol or any other game for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Patch installed and can confirm that they have improved raytraced performance. I no longer see th 60fps drop enabling RT now, it's more like 40fps which appears to be in-line with other games that use RT, although it's still higher than expected since only RT lighting and RT shadows are used in this game whereas other games use RTGI, RTAO etc too.

When you first load the game now after the patch:
Patched_15-12_TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_15_23_03_52_009.jpg

Associate
Finally had a chance to check CP.
I'm literally stunned by the graphics on this game. Runs smooth on ultra (1440p ~100fps), but... game is extremely boring and don't think will spend even 1 min more on it. Shame.

Back
Top Bottom