The Callisto Protocol

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The latest patch has definitely improved RT framerates, but I think when I play next when the DLC drops I will play with it off just to hit that +100fps sweet spot.

I have been capping some games at 90fps. What makes 100 or 120 the sweet spot for you? Bearing in mind these are very slow pased games, which is what is almost all the games I play are like.

Last edited:
Associate
@mrk
Run few benchmarks yesterday

RT everything ON and on high - FSR off - 57fps
RT everything ON and on high - FSR quality - 65fps
RT everything ON and on high - FSR performance - 75fps

It looks weird maybe as it's 1440p - will try on upscaling to 4k over weekend.

Man of Honour
Not actually done the benchmark since th epatch so just downloading the game again to check that, my last benchmark before the latest patch was 65.21fps average with Ultra graphics and FSR Performance at 3440x1440. Be interesting to see what it shows now.

Man of Honour
Ah gotcha, just finished the benches,

I am now getting:

Pre-patch:
FSR Performance: 65.21 fps

Post-patch:
FSR Performance: 75.96 fps
FSR Balanced: 73.26
FSR Quality: 70.32

Quality FSR now is running better than Performance before the patch lol.

Caporegime
Good that the performance hit is a bit more manageable but are you not still having the same issue? The RT barely adds anything (other than a very well trained eye)?

Man of Honour
That's right yeah, with RT on the differences you really have to look closely to notice so I'd still probably be playing with it off assuming when the DLC lands that they don't improve RT usage somehow like adding proper RTGI/RTAO which it currently is not using, but highly doubt they will.

I've uninstalled it now (after having a quick go on a few previous saves to confirm performance in the game itself) but I fully expect RT off benchmark would be well above 120fps now given the lack of stuttering bringing the fps average down like before.

You'd also still want FSR enabled because it provides superior AA vs temporal/no upscaling since the game offers no other method to remove jaggies.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did something happen to the graphics? On launch I thought the graphics were decent and I just got to the prison bit and now it looks like a PS5 game. On ultra at 1440pUW.

Soldato
I'd wait for the DS remake, personally.

Have a look at the reviews for TCP, the combat and animations seem dire.

Yea, it's very hard these days to trust main stream reviews and steam user reviews have only eve been a guideline. Given the dry spell, I'm happy to settle for an above average game :D

Back
Top Bottom