The Callisto Protocol

Man of Honour
Those big walking monsters that suddenly run at you and appear in pairs are SUPER annoying. I've had to drop to easy yet still they are so annoying and barely give you room to move, applying health takes an ice age so you don't have enough time so end up dying!

Man of Honour
Finally managed to pass that bit, the trick is to use the middle mouse button attack from the hammer, this does way more damage and stops them finishing the electrical surge burst if you're quick enough. I actually set up GFE to record today's attempt as I spent the last week trying to pass this and failed every time, yet the first time I start recording today I got it in one go lol, typical...

I'm now on this guy who appears to have no weakness :/

9cfIOyu.jpg

One of those bosses that makes you just want to ragequit the rest of the game lol.

Caporegime
Anyone just started playing this? I played for a bit, loving the horror element as I was a huge fan of Dead Space... But there are annoying cons

FOV : Terrible!! I really can't stand games that shuv a camera up a guys arse for that behind the camera experience. So I'm having to use FOV mods
DLSS : There is none, maxed out I'm getting just over 60fps at times, but needs more
Graphics : The entire game could do with a good sharpen filter, it's just not sharp enough for me. So I'm going to have to use Reshade.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Was going to say there's a DLSS mod.
Completed the game ages ago though so not going to revisit it as it has no replay value :p

Denuvo got removed form the game the other day too so performance should be up....

Soldato
It's a decent romp, I think it got a hard time of it due to the melee system and the ending sucking. Dead space remake is better though.

Permabanned
Anyone just started playing this? I played for a bit, loving the horror element as I was a huge fan of Dead Space... But there are annoying cons

FOV : Terrible!! I really can't stand games that shuv a camera up a guys arse for that behind the camera experience. So I'm having to use FOV mods
DLSS : There is none, maxed out I'm getting just over 60fps at times, but needs more
Graphics : The entire game could do with a good sharpen filter, it's just not sharp enough for me. So I'm going to have to use Reshade.
I replayed it recently on PC with a controller via the tv, smashed in out over 2 days on a weekend, was awesome, the DLC really makes it finish nicely. Having only played it on PS4 the first time, it was awesome to do it on PC, used 4K dlss, max settings but RT turned off, I easily hit my capped 60fps limit I use for my 4k60 tv, had zero issues, did up the brightness a bit.
It's a decent romp, I think it got a hard time of it due to the melee system and the ending sucking. Dead space remake is better though.
Do the DLC straight after playing it like I did the 2nd time round, IMHO it's the 'real' ending it should have came with, as they did leave that bit in the original ending anyway (wont spoiler anything) so this carries on from that and makes it the game it should have been.

Also did the Dead Space remake before playing this.

I think it's great we got another DS in a different universe, anyone who loves DS can only love this game, and it still feels like it's own thing. Perfectly cast too.

This game is very average and very short. I also experienced bad performance.

Still played it but it's a very average 6/10.
I don't get how you had these issues and I didn't when you have the GPU above mine and a better CPU...

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm now using this reshade

I've also turned OFF HDR in the game options as it looks complete ***** in this game, with or without Reshade!

Obviously this game struggles with OLED and HDR. :rolleyes:

Like Hitman 3, this game seems to have problems with black levels in HDR mode, which can cause the game to look low contrast and washed out colors. Adjusting the Brightness slider will not fix this problem. You can try to compensate the black level with the TV settings or switch to SDR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom