*** The Division Thread 2.0 ***

Soldato
Nope, just bloody crashed after 2 hours on it!!!!!!! Longest it's gone though, driving me nuts!!!! :(

Remove any/all hardware overclocks and go back to stock. Disable SLI if you have it. Disable/delete any recording software, hardware tweaking software like GPU-Z I think it's called, any anti virus/firewall software or any software that "enhances" Windows performance (I can't think what it's called but as an example Intel have a program that "manages" your hard drive data better or some rubbish.) You want the basic drivers for your hardware and that's it. Disconnect any non essential USB hardware too.

Ultimately go back to the raw basics, default everything so all you have is Windows and The Division and go from there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, that's a good idea actually. I did lower my cpu overclock to 4.2 but I'll remove it completely and see if it makes a difference...

I believe overclocking - CPU, RAM or GPU etc - are often (but not always) the cause of many game related crashes. I can safely say I have had hardly any troublesome game crashes for a long time as I never overclock my hardware, mainly due to not understanding the process enough and because of the reason above. In the past I have normally experienced crashes when using programs like Nvidia Inspector to force more visual quality from my graphics card like downsampling the resolution or forcing a particular AA setting etc. If the game kept crashing for whatever reason I found disabling these tweaks solved the problem.

Soldato
I cant run either of my cards overclocked on this game, and if my CPU is at 4.5 it also crashes out.

no other game does this, I can have CPU and both cards overclocked in GTA/TW3/Doom/NFS etc and its all good.

Permabanned
Let’s talk about Skills
Agents,

It’s no secret that while The Division offers a variety of skills, skill mods and signature skills to choose from, only a few of them actually prove useful in the End-Game. This is something that we need to look at. Before we start making decisions however, we want to make sure to take the time to pick your brains on what you think about each of the skills, and get a more complete overview.

In this topic, we would like to ask you to rate the usefulness of each of our skill mods and signature skills, by filling out a very quick survey.

Click here to access the survey: How often do you use each of the skills and why?

Do not hesitate to leave a comment in this thread, if you’d like to discuss the matter further with the rest of the community, we’ll be watching!

Thanks,
The Division Dev Team

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1487736-Let’s-talk-about-Skills

Will fill mine later tonight and respond to the thread with my reasoning.

@JediFragger You got warranty on your card?

Caporegime
Yes guys, warranty isn't a problem thankfully and yes Gam, it was bloody annoying! Switched it on earlier and system wouldn't boot and the motherboard gave me a vga error. Tested it on its own and def no boot so it's a goner :(

Soldato
Does TD support SLI anyway?

Thats not the point I know but just wondering. At least you have 1 card to continue using until the 2nd is sorted.

Im guessing with 1 card you had to move it to the primary slot on the motherboard? This would cancel out the motherboard slot itself being faulty.

Soldato
Yeah td supports sli, not in the best way but it definitely does.

I have found using one card, and the second as physx gives higher fps though, gained 15fps at 4k.

Back
Top Bottom