The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Caporegime
OP
:eek: :eek:

q8jyD4n.gif

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Currently downloading the Nolvus Ascension mod package.

Will see how that goes once it’s finally finished. It even made me sign up for Nexus Mods Premium for a month so that I could leave it running rather than having to manually click on each of the 2054 mods it installs.

Peasant broadband here and it’ll take a day or two I reckon.

Caporegime
OP
Can't say I'm a fan of NOLVUS, especially when trying to update mods down the line... ( I tried it )

On another note, community shaders don't work with ENB :(

Associate
Can I still install the unofficial Skyrim patch mod after it’s installed Nolvus?
Pretty sure it comes with it.
..\MODS\mods\Modpocalypse NPCs - All Vanilla NPCs\meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
Never seen any Wabbajack mod-pack which didn't and while Nolvus seem to go out of its way to not be a Wabbajack list, I can't see any modlist going without the patches.

As for Nolvus? Pretty taxing as it comes with shaders to offer some fake RT and at 1440P my 8GB don't cut it at those settings. And the lower settings - it does provide profiles which is nice compared to many other modlists - don't look that good.

It certainly goes for a certain look. No bare bleak tundra look with plenty of trees (at least in those areas of Skyrim which have them).

Had meant to play some more but sticking to Wabbajack lists like Living Skyrim for now and will try to re-visit Nolvus is I ever get 8GB+.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRL
Associate
Can't say I'm a fan of NOLVUS, especially when trying to update mods down the line... ( I tried it )

Adding mods to a modlist...
I have added a few simple ones (usually the bag of holding as I was sick of inventory management) but it is always risky.

As all the modlist authors say... adding mods voids all support! :(

Caporegime
OP
Adding mods to a modlist...
I have added a few simple ones (usually the bag of holding as I was sick of inventory management) but it is always risky.

As all the modlist authors say... adding mods voids all support! :(

Not just that but there's a ton of amazing mods that supersede a lot of the stuff on NOLVUS. For example Atmospheric sounds, with added wind,wolves and cave effects.

Although you can't hear sound in a picture, these are my latest screenshots. I can just about hear wolves in the distance, and a cold wind blow through the bridge arches

WARNING LARGE IMAGES

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Edition-Screenshot-2024-03-18-18-45-06-82.png

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Edition-Screenshot-2024-03-18-18-47-39-35.png

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Edition-Screenshot-2024-03-18-18-48-48-27.png

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Edition-Screenshot-2024-03-18-18-49-31-15.png

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Edition-Screenshot-2024-03-18-18-49-43-38.png
The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Edition-Screenshot-2024-03-18-18-50-29-01.png

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Edition-Screenshot-2024-03-18-18-54-09-09.png

DLSS + Frame Gen + HDR + Oled has taken this game to another level

Soldato

Theres supposed to be a graphics-only version out sometime. I'm not a fan of the gameplay changes I prefer my own choices in that regard. I was gifted lifetime premium (mod author) and I'm itching for a chance to stretch its legs. Yeah CS is a real shame its not compatible with ENB he and Boris don't get on. At all. ENB has its own version of rain wetness, more or less. Rudy preset has it out of the box

Associate
Is there a good mod list somewhere so don't have to skout around for mods everywhere?
Take your pick:

Can't really go wrong with Living Skyrim:

Wildlander is another one which has a vision and custom installers etc.

Aldrnari has less of a vision but has or had the record for the most mods at around 1,900:

Plenty of others including Nolvus which is not Wabbajack

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Nolvus, for an all in one experience and its so easy to get up and running. Playing through Skyrim for the first time in years and its stunning for the most part.

Finally finished downloading and installing all 2054 mods.

First attempt at launching and I get a black screen. Will install the recommended .Net and whatever the other suggested file is and will give it a proper go tonight.

I’ll be ****** if it doesn’t work though as it took me 2.5 days to download and install all the mods!

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Working as intended thankfully following a couple of simple file downloads at the end.

They do appear to have changed a few bits and pieces that I wasn’t expecting but so far so good. It’s a massive visual step up from the standard AE edition anyway.

Was genuinely surprised that it took 400Gb of mods to do so though!

Back
Top Bottom