The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Caporegime
OP
Spoiler BIG images

Screen-Shot0.png

Screen-Shot1.png

Screen-Shot2.png

The biggest thing I've done since originally playing Skyrim is being very careful with what texture resolution I'm using as well as keeping the frame rate stable instead of just installing mods to their best! For example Skyrim 20x textures is at 4-8K resolution, while 2-4K resolution downscaled looks just as good at half the VRAM usage. Skyrim texture overhaul even without any other mods was using 7329MB VRAM! Which is crazy, now with all my mods so far I'm at 7000mb and more to spare :)

Caporegime
Pretty much the only thing I remain interested in with Skyrim is Skyblivion though I do worry that with 'new' management Bethesda might start pushing the boundaries of gutting the modding community outright.

Associate
I've never had to do it before. How would I stop auto updates on the game?
The steam page only has 'always update', 'always update first', 'update when I launch it'. No 'don't frikkin update it at all' option.

I've currently stopped the scheduled patch from downloading but then the 'play' button is constantly stuck on 'resume' now :(

Last edited:
Associate
Still keeping Skyrim going, to be honest i prefer it to Starfield.

Yep.... same.

I have installed the Nolvus pack recently, 2000+ mods and it looks amazing. Probably more important though is there's a bunch more content (maybe a bit too much), and the expansion of cities and new towns does freshen the experience up a bit.

I have to return to Starfield and finish it/give it another go soon though.

Soldato
I've never had to do it before. How would I stop auto updates on the game?
The steam page only has 'always update', 'always update first', 'update when I launch it'. No 'don't frikkin update it at all' option.

I've currently stopped the scheduled patch from downloading but then the 'play' button is constantly stuck on 'resume' now :(
Set appmanifest_489830.acf in steam\steamapps to Read Only that'll block it from updating
sounds like the update has already started though

Pretty much the only thing I remain interested in with Skyrim is Skyblivion though I do worry that with 'new' management Bethesda might start pushing the boundaries of gutting the modding community outright.
They aren't removing anything free mods aren't going anywhere

Still keeping Skyrim going, to be honest i prefer it to Starfield.
After the initial launch interest in SF has fallen off a cliff amongst players whereas BG3 is going great guns

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep.... same.

I have installed the Nolvus pack recently, 2000+ mods and it looks amazing. Probably more important though is there's a bunch more content (maybe a bit too much), and the expansion of cities and new towns does freshen the experience up a bit.

I have to return to Starfield and finish it/give it another go soon though.

Did you do that with already having a premium account at Nexus, kinda click finger occupying otherwise...!

Or did you manage the 2000 plus downloads any other way..?

Did you try the alternative start..? Thinking of trying this game out again, remembering how much time I used to spend modding it compared to actually playing..!

Caporegime
OP
Finally got Skyrim working with ENB and DLSS by downloading SkyrimUpscalerENBTestBuild11.zip, installing via NexusModOrganizer and then following this guide! ( I don't need the free upscaler anymore )

Looks like there is also a DLSS/FrameGen mod : SkyrimUpscalerFGBuildAlpha03.zip .

Frame rates have gone from 60 to 120fps in areas that used to drop to 40/50 and before you ask, no I didn't pay PureDark.. ** that :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I couldn't understand why I only had half my UI and a shrunk main menu in Skyrim, even though modded in game the viewpoint was fine even with a nice wide FOV. Turns out I needed this mod!

A fix for a Widescreen 21:9 and 32:9 apsect ratio for Vanilla and SkyUI

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
From the creator of the Skyland series of mods, Fantasia is a new approach to landscape textures. With a focus on fantasy, Fantasia Landscapes features all new colorful textures with larger, bold details. Fantasia also offers a complete complex parallax option. Textures include all landscapes, roads, bridges, mountains, caves, and mines found throughout Skyrim plus so much more. These textures were created and exported in 4k and then converted to 2k and 1k from the 4k source files.

107256_1702862095.jpg

Caporegime
OP

Caporegime
OP
This mod works for both JK's Riverwood and JK's Skyrim and reduce the amount of clutter and less visible objects in a way that has no visual impact at all.

Back
Top Bottom