• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Later that night, It's doubtful am on the list anyway but I must have faith :p

As long as it gets to me for Friday I'll be happy, just need it for the weekend otherwise I'll be restricted to minimum graphics and 60Hz refresh rate for another weekend :(

Associate
Its louder than i was expecting, just the single card is louder than my 280x crossfire but i suppose its is about 20% faster based on metro redux benchmark.

Your single 980ti is 20% faster than 280X crossfire ?

Im looking to upgrade ready for VR when the rift CV1 comes out. Not sure if my current 2x280X cf will be sufficient. If not then im thinking of 2x980ti sli ... considering early reports of the new AMD cards arent upto the task...

One thing i have on my side is time :) I can wait since i wont need them till the CV1 is released.... Fast forward summer............

Associate
Guys I have ordered a new computer from overclockers the Spectre with a lot of tweaks to it.

One of them is being the graphics card I opted for the 980 TI Classified but I am hearing that is not out for a month? should I switch it to a AC2.0 or Hybrid?

I am in no rush. ty

Caporegime
Guys I have ordered a new computer from overclockers the Spectre with a lot of tweaks to it.

One of them is being the graphics card I opted for the 980 TI Classified but I am hearing that is not out for a month? should I switch it to a AC2.0 or Hybrid?

I am in no rush. ty

I'd go for the hybrid, but that could still be a few weeks before stock.

Associate
Does the whole "Acetal" and "Nickel" thing actually make a difference, beyond looks?

Two different things here.

Acetal is what the visible part is made of, in this case the solid black look, whereas the others are plexi (clear).

Nickel is about what the "cooler" part is made of. If it doesn't say then it will be made of copper, whereas nickel will be nickel-plated copper. Though the nickel-plating does also change the looks on the plexi variants as it has a silver look rather than the copper colour.

So you can get an acetal-nickel. If it is just acetal then it is just copper. Same for the plexi. In terms of this making a difference in performance, no. Nickel-plating just protects from oxidation and corrosion. Most cooling fluids have anti-corrosives in them nowadays anyway.

Associate
Nothing but looks:D
Two different things here.

Acetal is what the visible part is made of, in this case the solid black look, whereas the others are plexi (clear).

Nickel is about what the "cooler" part is made of. If it doesn't say then it will be made of copper, whereas nickel will be nickel-plated copper. Though the nickel-plating does also change the looks on the plexi variants as it has a silver look rather than the copper colour.

So you can get an acetal-nickel. If it is just acetal then it is just copper. Same for the plexi. In terms of this making a difference in performance, no. Nickel-plating just protects from oxidation and corrosion. Most cooling fluids have anti-corrosives in them nowadays anyway.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'll just grab whichever is in stock at the time of ordering then as I like the look of all the ones OcUK stocks :cool:

The Inno3Ds are in stock as per the other thread.

Have no experience with Inno3D so I'm going to stick with EVGA and earn some brownie points for my patience :D

Back
Top Bottom