• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the noise. Its not as loud as I thought it would be at around 55/60%. This is the first time I'm using a reference Nvidia cooler - the sound signature is really nice.

That said I'm still going to put it under water, especially since my ASIC quality is so low. Anyone have the EK Water Blocks EK-FC Titan X - Acetal+Nickel? Some pics would be nice. :)

Not fitted to the card, will be soon however.
Can't think of the blokes name who has 3(?) of these, he done a build log though.

t6hmjeh.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the noise. Its not as loud as I thought it would be at around 55/60%. This is the first time I'm using a reference Nvidia cooler - the sound signature is really nice.

That said I'm still going to put it under water, especially since my ASIC quality is so low. Anyone have the EK Water Blocks EK-FC Titan X - Acetal+Nickel? Some pics would be nice. :)

Check out my T-Rex build log, it has GTX 980s fitted with waterblocks but since then I have swapped them for the TitanXs which look almost identical. The only difference is the Titans use 8 + 6 pins connectors instead of 6 + 6 pin ones.:)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18631291

Associate
so I had the option for a free upgrade to the EVGA superclock and i took it. I'll post up pics soon. Just so you know in GPU z my sub vendor doesn't say EVGA it says NVIDIA but the default clock deffo says 1127 and boost says 1216. this was a sealed box as well :D

Did you use step up program by any chance? If yes, how long did it take?

Associate
I would have, as well as the red back-plate (to go with ROG motherboard build), but I missed my DPD delivery today, so should have it tomorrow and will take a few pics. Albeit, wont get it fitted to card until the weekend at earliest, but possibly next week some time.

Not fitted to the card, will be soon however.
Can't think of the blokes name who has 3(?) of these, he done a build log though.

t6hmjeh.jpg

Check out my T-Rex build log, it has GTX 980s fitted with waterblocks but since then I have swapped them for the TitanXs which look almost identical. The only difference is the Titans use 8 + 6 pins connectors instead of 6 + 6 pin ones.:)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18631291

Thanks all, very cool stuff.

Whats the difference between the EK block and the EVGA one apart from aesthetics? I do really like the look of the EVGA ones but they aren't in stock anywhere and the EK ones are pretty sweet too.

Soldato
Have to say I have just tried Farcry 4 and very impressed with the card. Game play using the Geforce experience recommended settings is just very smooth. Using one at 1440p and memory probably a little much but if adding another later the performance will still be maintained when playing more demanding games (hopefully) while the memory usage increases.

Last edited:
Associate
As I am new to the green side, I have a question...

So I have the Titan x OC in Sli...

Out of the box the core is 1127. Boost 1217.

Is it normal to hit 1408(and in games) when running a benchmark test when I have only overclocked it a little?

Associate
As I am new to the green side, I have a question...

So I have the Titan x OC in Sli...

Out of the box the core is 1127. Boost 1217.

Is it normal to hit 1408(and in games) when running a benchmark test when I have only overclocked it a little?

Its minimum 1217 :)

Your "normal" boost is 1353 and with +55mhz its 1408.

Associate
I think they all overclock much the same SC or not.
I thought they are cherry pick for SC version. If not, even better. So why did you buy multiple SC versions yourself over normal one;)? Ok, next couple of hours I am going to chase any comparisons between 980 sli oc vs titan x oc. Still on the fence if buy another card or use step up to titan plus this AIO hydro kit?

Associate
I thought they are cherry pick for SC version. If not, even better. So why did you buy multiple SC versions yourself over normal one;)? Ok, next couple of hours I am going to chase any comparisons between 980 sli oc vs titan x oc. Still on the fence if buy another card or use step up to titan plus this AIO hydro kit?

I'm pretty certain this is the case. My 980 SC overclocked like an absolute boss so all my future cards will be EVGA SC.

Associate
i have changed it, just beacause i watercooled the sli, in my case 2 evga thermal paste was insufficient and easily removed, now i'm under 40 degrees on both 25 degrees idle no oc yet.

not sure about temperatures on air soz.

Back
Top Bottom