• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Caporegime
Thanks, I'm very impressed with your results. I'll stick with my 2 x 290s for now since AC is the only thing I play and it would be money down the drain to switch.

Doesn't mean that I don't want to :(

The 980ti is coming in the next few weeks apparently which should give similar results and won't cost you anywhere near as much after the sale of your 290's. The 390x isn't far away either.

Man of Honour
OP
Arrived :) A tad odd as the delivery man delivered the waterblocks at 8:30 in the morning, then came around at 4:30 to deliver the titan x not realizing he has a second parcel for me :confused: all good now though :D

DSCN0131.jpg

Hi,
let me enter prestigious owners club:)
Skev7De.jpg

Welcome and TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link
Make EVGA, ^JP^, Link
Make Palit, Meaker, Link
Make Gigabyte, cwgk91, Link
Make Gigabyte, andy_taximan, Link
Make Gigabyte, hexblitz86, Link
Make MSI, garymcq23, Link
Make Palit, SpeckleD, Link
Make Gigabyte, jim0082, Link
Make EVGA, vasilltino, Link
Make EVGA SC, Aylan1196, Link
Make Gigabyte, cadmunkey, Link
Make EVGA, Shamrock, Link
Make EVGA SC, Genjuro82, Link
Make Gigabyte, HACO, Link
Make MSI, dasimpse, Link
Make Gigabyte, CapitalOne, Link
Make Gigabyte, Montegue, Link
Make Palit, ish1, Link
Make EVGA SC, Streetlight, Link
Make EVGA SC, dessimpson, Link
Make EVGA SC, Mayh3M, Link
Make EVGA SC, Deks, Link
Make EVGA, elfoscuro, Link
Make EVGA, thefogo, Link
Make EVGA SC, Klunt Bumskrint, Link
Make EVGA SC, faxfan, Link
Make Asus, cjdavid, Link
Make EVGA, alex_123_fra, Link
Make OcUK, fatlenny, Link
Make EVGA SC, darkslidez, Link
Make EVGA, nath247, Link
Make OcUK, Huntyz, Link
Make Asus, crasher, Link
Make EVGA SC, N19h7m4r3, Link
Make OcUK, Sequence, Link
Make OcUK, GSXR Gaz Mc, Link
Make Zotac, Dicehunter, Link
Make Zotac, Worthy, Link
Make Zotac, Maverick2332, Link
Make Zotac, Radox-0, Link
Make EVGA, texxx74, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Associate
I think the OP meant Factory OC or not e.g. SuperClocked, AMP! etc...

I went for the SC as historically SC's have a better resale price... that said I see no other reason.

I can get 1514Mhz before it quits on me at max voltage on modded BIOS so far.. It's early days!

BUT I have returned to stock voltage and 1442Mhz for daily running... it gets to 36 deg C if I push it hard on a 4K max settings in Elite Dangerous and was playing Witcher 3 (got my free copy last night thanks to this thread) at 4K with mostly ultra settings (not all hair things on, just the player character's - Geralt or sommit like that ;)) and getting playable framerates.

That's what I meant yes, sorry for the confusion and clearing that up, I was not looking at the cooler setups and only the stated speeds.
I was just comparing the EVGA cards with the nvidia cards that have the weeks sale and wondered if I should go with the cards that already have the extra clock speeds. Is it worth the extra £40 to £100 (off the top of my head) for those cards ?

I've no experience with Titans at all but if the standard card can reach the same speeds then I'd go with those. I just want to get the best Titan X for my money.

Last edited:

P.B

P.B

Soldato
There all the same just a different bios on the evga one that's all which you can put on yourself if you wanted.

Associate
I should also point out that the cards won't be sold on later down the road as they will go into family members PC's so the resale value is not so important.

Wow, correction, I was way off with the price difference, it's £150 more for the EVGA cards.

Associate
There all the same just a different bios on the evga one that's all which you can put on yourself if you wanted.

Thanks P.B. I'm not used to this, there's always so many different choices with other cards I've bought and I was just presuming the same for the Titan X :o wow I'm thick sometimes :eek:

Associate
He should be able to max it out if he wanted to.:)

I can max BF4 out @8k on mine. the only problem is the game is a bit buggy lol.

If he is using swift monitors it is easy for someone with a single swift and TitanX to test as it is the same as 3 swifts and 3 TXs.:)

I had a few mins earlier so I tested different settings on Hardline on surround.

Im not as savvy as you guys so bear with me.

LOW was around the 120 fps dipped to 90 ish
Medium was pretty much the same as Low
High started to judder a little bit average fps of around 90
Ultra quite a lot of judder and a average fps of aound 70 dipping to 60.

Is the judder from the ram filling up or something else ?

Thanks guys

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I just ordered a couple of backplates and EK waterblocks for Titan X but wanted to ask a question before ordering the cards themselves.

Reference or Not ?

Being on water the design or cooling abilities are not important but I want to make sure I get the best basic cards for my money. Will I be better off overclocking the ref cards or go with something that has been tweaked already ?

Opinions or experience greatly appreciated :)

do not buy the overclocked version it's a waste of money, buy the cheapest version and overclock it, it's very easy to OC

Man of Honour
OP
I had a few mins earlier so I tested different settings on Hardline on surround.

Im not as savvy as you guys so bear with me.

LOW was around the 120 fps dipped to 90 ish
Medium was pretty much the same as Low
High started to judder a little bit average fps of around 90
Ultra quite a lot of judder and a average fps of aound 70 dipping to 60.

Is the judder from the ram filling up or something else ?

Thanks guys

Has anyone else tried on a swift

I can not try as I am limited to 60htz.

Soldato
do not buy the overclocked version it's a waste of money, buy the cheapest version and overclock it, it's very easy to OC

Factory OC is at least hassle free and definately won't affect the warranty :). Depends what the premium £ is I suppose.

Whoever said the the only thing they have about the TX is the noise, well, you must have superb hearing if running at stock. I don't notice mine getting any louder than my case fans with the factory approx 10% overclock. It's not a noisy card.

Associate

Mind you take care. I have a stock Gigabyte TX. I flashed the EVGA SC BIOS. All was fine until the latest Nvidia driver was released. Since then every single game crashed after a few seconds. Took me ages to work out what was going on. In the end flashed back to stock and all is well again. Pretty certain it's a driver issue. When they release a new one I'll flag back to the sc.

Soldato
Mind you take care. I have a stock Gigabyte TX. I flashed the EVGA SC BIOS. All was fine until the latest Nvidia driver was released. Since then every single game crashed after a few seconds. Took me ages to work out what was going on. In the end flashed back to stock and all is well again. Pretty certain it's a driver issue. When they release a new one I'll flag back to the sc.

If you have described that correctly I would be 99% certain it's not a driver issue :). If an EVGA SC is just an OEM with a different bios then your Titan X was an 'SC' when it had the SC bios flashed to it. I'm sure EVGA SC owners dont have every game crashing after a few seconds at the moment with the current drivers.....

Soldato
Factory OC is at least hassle free and definately won't affect the warranty :). Depends what the premium £ is I suppose.

Overclocking does not affect the warranty as there is no way to know the card was overclocked ;)

Yep working great for me :)

Can you overclock memory with it ?

Tried changing my memory clock with the maxair bios and each time I went to apply it the memory would go back to stock clocks :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom