• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
Sell exactly as you received it I say. Save's issues and one less problem for them to use when they see pascal details revealed and use as an excuse to try and return.

Currently going through unpaid case for second card of mine. Apparently I should have informed them that some TX ACX coolers come with longer non-flush screws. Of course mine does not have said issue, but apparently I should have made them aware it does not have this issue. Surely it does not make sense to point out flaws you do not have :confused: Then tried to of course say I will switch cards, without numpty realising I posted screenshots of the serial number. *Facepalm*

Alas real reason I suspect is they have seen details of pascal. My third card is not getting any bites either. May just keep the pair which is enough for 3440 x 1440 and wait for big pascal. Shame, 3 way SLI looks so nice in the case, even if its mostly useless hah :p

Soldato
So....did my cards just tank in value now that the 1080 is apparently quicker?

1070 is meant to be quicker. At $370 GPU, if this is true and come release. The titanx will drop massively in price.
I feel sorry for everyone who bought titanx tbh, highend flagship killed of by 980ti and now apparently by there mid range GPU..

Last edited:
Soldato
Why feel sorry? We've had the highest end performance for a year now. And there's no need for us to buy the new GPU - we're good for a year or two yet.

Price to Performance and now resell value.. Ouch!!!

I think Nvidia have a massive cheek tbh if you spend close to £1000 on a GPU you expect that to last has the flagship until its Titan X 2 or something, Nope they release 980ti that hurts resell abit and then announce your mid range GPU is faster??

Am sorry but I feel sick just reading it and I dont own a GPU that cost close to £1000 not so long ago..

Soldato
Price to Performance and now resell value.. Ouch!!!

So what? Those of us who purchased the card knew we were paying top whack for top performance. We've had fun while others have not. It's the nature of the GPU industry; at the moment we're on the steep incline of the performance S. You can always wait, or you can pay your money and have fun now.

Soldato
So what? Those of us who purchased the card knew we were paying top whack for top performance. We've had fun while others have not. It's the nature of the GPU industry; at the moment we're on the steep incline of the performance S. You can always wait, or you can pay your money and have fun now.

Question and answer honestly. Had you knew the 980ti was around the corner would have you still paid Top Whack for the TitanX??
If yes Why?

Back
Top Bottom