• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
Kind of a joke considering the reference version of the 970/980/Titan Z and many other AIB's all come with backplates yet the Titan X judging by the pictures won't.

Surely if they want to sell their most high end card they should make is aesthetically pleasing as well :confused:

Soldato
Kind of a joke considering the reference version of the 970/980/Titan Z and many other AIB's all come with backplates yet the Titan X judging by the pictures won't.

Surely if they want to sell their most high end card they should make is aesthetically pleasing as well :confused:

I personally don't care for backplates. While they look cleaner yes and help temps a tiny bit. I don't care :) I actualy quite like the open pcb looks especially when black.

Soldato
Each to their own I just hope we can get hold of metal backplates when these come out.

Oh for sure! As you say each to their own. I think with premium cards the ideal solution would be to do as xspc do with some of the bay res/pump combos. Have a couple of swappable face/backplates in the box for the consumer to decide what they want and if they want :) that way everyone gets what they want.

Soldato
I prefer backplates look neater than PCB

Ironically gpu have nice looking coolers but all you get to see when in the case is the backside of it

Depends on the case really the TJ-0 series can mount boards sideways so depending on what angle you sit at you will see the cooler, but yes 99.9% of the time you see the pcb/bplate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom