The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Trent joins Dom with a niggly injury. Couple of weeks out. Wonder if we'll push ahead with summer transfer targets given we're seeing the injuries pile up

Could well be 3 weeks rather than 2

Last edited:
Don
OP
I suppose it depends on how many prem games the likes of Salah, Szobo and Endo miss, but more injuries when your top scorer and assister is out, isn't ideal.
Trent's only likely to miss 1 League game, Szobo is already back training and won't miss a League game. Pep Ljinders confirmed Robertson and Kostas should be back towards the end of this month (1, maybe 2 League games). Heck, Thiago and Bajcetic may even appear sometime soon(ish) too.

Endo will probably miss a few games but thankfully Mac Allister is back now. Salah's a bit of an unknown but assuming Egypt get out of their group, they're likely to have a very tough first knockout game which if they lose, he'd only miss the Bournemouth League game.

Man of Honour
Rumoured hamstring injury too, if thats the case he could be out for a while. Even more pressure on Nunez to step up now, he's got to start converting his multitude of chances

Don
OP
Salah's not coming off the pitch unless he's injured. The best we can hope for is a minor pull that keeps him out for a 10-14 days although if that is the case and Egypt qualify for the next round, I can see them risking him.

Caporegime
Caporegime
I'm seeing it as Egypt reaching the final so he wouldn't be available for us anyway. He could do with a wee rest and then be fresh for the final few months of the season.

Man of Honour
I'm seeing it as Egypt reaching the final so he wouldn't be available for us anyway. He could do with a wee rest and then be fresh for the final few months of the season.
If he comes back super fresh and all fired up to make up for lost time, he could be the key to a strong finish to the season. In the meantime its up to the rest of the team to keep us within firing distance of the title so that Salah can return and finish the job. I think the game against Arsenal in early Feb will be huge, win that and we'll be in with a really good shout.

Back
Top Bottom