The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Soldato
If he comes back super fresh and all fired up to make up for lost time, he could be the key to a strong finish to the season. In the meantime its up to the rest of the team to keep us within firing distance of the title so that Salah can return and finish the job. I think the game against Arsenal in early Feb will be huge, win that and we'll be in with a really good shout.
The game against man city is key - wouldn't surprise me if we lose the league by a point and its another blatant var error that costs us 1st place just like the city handball incident against Everton in 21/22.

Don
OP
Well Egypt qualified and if I'm not mistaken will now play Equatorial Guinea in the next round, who you'd think they'd have a decent chance of beating. If that were the case then Mo's injury is more of a blessing than anything. He'd have been unavailable anyway so at least he's having 3 weeks rest instead of being flogged in that clown competition.

Soldato
Well Egypt qualified and if I'm not mistaken will now play Equatorial Guinea in the next round, who you'd think they'd have a decent chance of beating. If that were the case then Mo's injury is more of a blessing than anything. He'd have been unavailable anyway so at least he's having 3 weeks rest instead of being flogged in that clown competition.
Did their best to throw it away though! Took the lead after 93 mins, conceded after 98. Ghana concede twice in injury time against Mozambique to push Egypt into the automatic qualification spot :o

Don
OP
Some positive news on the injury front. Pep has confirmed that Robertson was given the all clear to begin full contact training earlier in the week and will be in the squad tomorrow. Szobo has returned to full training and although won't be risked tomorrow, should be fine for the weekend as should Trent.
Did their best to throw it away though! Took the lead after 93 mins, conceded after 98. Ghana concede twice in injury time against Mozambique to push Egypt into the automatic qualification spot :o
Yea, I saw. As much as it's a clown competition, the matches have been entertaining at least.

Associate
Some positive news on the injury front. Pep has confirmed that Robertson was given the all clear to begin full contact training earlier in the week and will be in the squad tomorrow. Szobo has returned to full training and although won't be risked tomorrow, should be fine for the weekend as should Trent.

Yea, I saw. As much as it's a clown competition, the matches have been entertaining at least.
This is great. At what point do we just write Thiago off now?

Caporegime

Why is it a clown competition?

Don
OP
Why is it a clown competition?
I think all international football is a joke but Afcon take it to the next level with their amateurish organisation, refereeing and the like. One minute they're committed to moving the tournament to the summer then after 1 summer it gets moved back to the winter, they've held the tournament in a country with a civil war going on. We had the madness and probable corruption at the last tournament when the ref tried to end a match after just 85 minutes and when he was forced to restart the game, he then blew for full time again after just 89 minutes.

Associate
Being Liverpool series 2 is coming:
I know a bit about this and it's been in the making for a while.

There were a few offers on the table but this one although smaller was taken due to them being given less access than the typical all or nothing.

I wouldn't be expecting to see loads of Klopps Half times for instance

Last edited:
Don
OP
I know a bit about this and it's been in the making for a while.

There were a few offers on the table but this one although smaller was taken due to them being given less access than the typical all or nothing.

I wouldn't be expecting to see loads of Klopps Half times for instance
What offer? There's no details on who will be broadcasting it. The club are making this documentary, employing a production company to do the work. They will then either sell it to Amazon, Disney or whoever or (the most unlikely option) keep it for themselves to broadcast on their own channel/website.

Associate
There were large offers on the table from the usual suspects but the club decided against them due to the access they wanted.

The club haven't gone into this without being pretty certain where it is going to be shown and the price which will be paid.

Don
OP
There were large offers on the table from the usual suspects but the club decided against them due to the access they wanted.

The club haven't gone into this without being pretty certain where it is going to be shown and the price which will be paid.
:confused: You stated the club have taken a smaller offer than what was offered elsewhere. This is categorically untrue as they've not taken any offer at all.

It's being reported that filming started around Christmas time and according to Bloomberg last week(?) the club are in talks with all 'the usual suspects' about selling the series to them. Given that this announcement doesn't provide any detail on where it will land, it's safe to say they still haven't agreed anything on that front. Although possible that the club will keep it for themselves, the likelihood is that it'll end up being sold to an Amazon, Disney or Netflix of this world but the club are calling all the shots, deciding exactly what will be shown and no doubt using the 'Klopp's long goodbye' story as a selling point to drive up bids for the series.

Associate
Do you think the club have turned down 8 figure offers and decided to make the documentary themselves without speaking to platforms and being really sure where it is going?

The contract may not be signed yet (or it maybe) my knowledge of the situation falls short of knowing if the ink is dry.

Don
OP
Do you think the club have turned down 8 figure offers and decided to make the documentary themselves without speaking to platforms and being really sure where it is going?

The contract may not be signed yet (or it maybe) my knowledge of the situation falls short of knowing if the ink is dry.
No offence but you seem to be changing your argument now after making a claim which was completely untrue.

As for your new question, I have no doubt the club would have known (broadly speaking) what they could have earned if they signed up with Amazon at the start of the season to do an All or Nothing series however I strongly suspect the club have made a conscious decision, based on maximising revenue, to not do that. While Amazon would no doubt prefer the control of filming and producing the series themselves, they'd have no idea how the season for Liverpool would pan out and that element of risk would have been reflected in what they'd agree to pay the club. I strongly suspect the club have had this idea in mind for a number of years and have chosen now (and to do things this way) to maximise what they can earn out of it - the lack of control for the broadcaster is far outweighed by the guaranteed story they're getting. At the very least Amazon, Disney or whoever are getting the Klopp goodbye story and there's a reasonable chance that they're getting a title challenge + cup run(s) too. This is why, assuming the reports are true, that the club started filming this in December and are now going to the market to sell it.

Associate
You are just being awkward and reading what you want to read.

There were offers on the table, at least 2 of which were larger than what was suggested on the route they have decided to pursue.

As I said I don't know if they have signed a contract with the platform and maybe the word "pursue" rather than "taken" would have been a better word to use but we are dealing with semantics at this point.

Who knows the Klopp thing and the fact that we could win 4 trophies might change the direction but I'm not privy to this and it goes beyond the contents of the 5 min conversation I had about it about 2 months ago with the actual person who would be central to this.

Your suggestion that the club did it this way so they could potentially maximise revenue is the opposite to the way it was portrayed to me. I was told they were happy to take less money for less access.

Last edited:
Don
OP
I'm not being awkward, I'm just pointing out that you're making things up or whoever has told you these things are. You claimed the club have accepted a smaller offer than what was made elsewhere when in fact they've not accepted any offer whatsoever and are still in talks with media companies to sell the series.

Anyway, only time will tell whether the decision the club has made will prove more profitable. They're certainly banking on a potentially successful season coupled with the Klopp goodbye angle will see media companies scrambling to pick up the series, above and beyond what they'd have paid going into a season blind.

Associate
You are being awkward and now you are suggesting that either I or someone else are lying.

I've just had a call to confirm what I said in the 1st post on the subject but I'm not willing to share anymore of the contents. If you have a contact at the club, which I am assuming you do as I would be surprised if you threw lying shouts out at the proviso of an article on the site. I suggest you float my first post by them.

Back
Top Bottom