The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
I'd sell Bruno and play Mount.
He might be less creative but he's less wasteful and more disciplined. Bruno must be worth almost what we paid for him so good time to cash in.
What's the worst that can happen?

Id actually agree with this if Mount wasn't injury prone. Bruno is a nightmare in his current guise. So much talent and yet i just see him as completely detrimental to any team. Be interesting in an alt-time line to see how he'd have developed under Guardiola, Bernardo Silva being an obvious example of comparison. Although Silva didn't appear to have the discipline problems.

Man of Honour
£80m bid incoming for Rashford from PSG, apparently

I'd snap their hands off, he's not worth half of that unless he's coming up for a contract renewal. Maybe PSG know this and will sign him up to a 1 month rolling contract and he'll be a 10x Ballon d'Or winner

fez

fez

Caporegime
I don't reckon Rashford has the balls to go to PSG to replace Mbappe. He would be torn to pieces by their fans and media. He would not do well by comparison to the man he is replacing.

Man of Honour
There's more reports of Southgate being lined up to replace Ten Hag, and although a lot of the stories are using the Daily Star as the source, there seems to be way too much noise around it for it to be completely unfounded

Someone shake some sense in to me and tell me it's just the tabloids, because I'm genuinely terrified :D

fez

fez

Caporegime
They wouldn't do it simply because the fans would riot. Hes not got anything on his resume to suggest he is even a good manager let alone elite. Hes an uninspiring appointment and wouldn't have the fans backing. He would be Moyes 2.0 but with less talent.

Caporegime
There's more reports of Southgate being lined up to replace Ten Hag, and although a lot of the stories are using the Daily Star as the source, there seems to be way too much noise around it for it to be completely unfounded

Someone shake some sense in to me and tell me it's just the tabloids, because I'm genuinely terrified :D

Gutter press. ETH will still be here come the summer regardless of where we finish.

Man of Honour
OP
Gutter press. ETH will still be here come the summer regardless of where we finish.

I wouldn't be so sure. Champions League is considered critically important, Ratcliffe himself said so in his interviews after the takeover.

INEOS won't be looking at it from an emotional angle, they'll evaluate whether he plays the sort of football they want, etc.

That Liverpool game has got to be a springboard for him now, Spurs look wobbly so we need to at least finish 5th (we should get the extra CL spot), or the season will still be considered a big failure.

Caporegime
I wouldn't be so sure. Champions League is considered critically important, Ratcliffe himself said so in his interviews after the takeover.

INEOS won't be looking at it from an emotional angle, they'll evaluate whether he plays the sort of football they want, etc.

That Liverpool game has got to be a springboard for him now, Spurs look wobbly so we need to at least finish 5th (we should get the extra CL spot), or the season will still be considered a big failure.

I really hope not. People have short term memories and wonder why Klopp is playing Europa League football and the club he manages is in a much better state than hours. Our squad has good points but is so reliant on players staying fit. ETH has been shocking unlucky with keeping players fit this season.

Man of Honour
OP
I really hope not. People have short term memories and wonder why Klopp is playing Europa League football and the club he manages is in a much better state than hours. Our squad has good points but is so reliant on players staying fit. ETH has been shocking unlucky with keeping players fit this season.

If we can kick on from the Liverpool game (we've said this before) then I think ETH has a good chance of staying. The FA Cup will be a tall order - unless Chelsea beat City - but 5th is more than achievable.

I'm still not convinced but I'd be happy to give him another chance if we can end the season strongly.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If we can kick on from the Liverpool game (we've said this before) then I think ETH has a good chance of staying. The FA Cup will be a tall order - unless Chelsea beat City - but 5th is more than achievable.

I'm still not convinced but I'd be happy to give him another chance if we can end the season strongly.

I mean, 4th is still achievable. Spurs have a horrible last few games and AV will probably drop away a bit IMO. If we pick ourselves up we can have a great chance at getting it.

Soldato
Can't share the same optimism that some of you have regarding getting into the top 5. We are so inconsistent and I can't see that changing with this squad of players. Turning it on vs your biggest rival in a cup quarter final is one thing but we lost at home to Fulham, got thrashed by Bournemouth, couldn't really lay a glove on City and still concede far too many goals. Still think that only a few players get and buy into what ten Hag wants to do. That's why the injuries are so impactful.

Only Burnley at home looks like a certain 3 points for us in the run in!

With regard to Southgate. I can't see Ineos going down that route. They speak about excellence in all roles at the club and even Gareth's biggest fans would struggle to describe what he's done in his career as excellent. Competent maybe, conservative definitely. Tactically found short at the moment of truth. Whilst I'm 50:50 on ten Hag, I'm 100% against Southgate rocking up at Old Trafford in anything other than a spectator role

Soldato
Oh I think top 5 is probably 50:50. If we can get Martinez and Shaw back in the next month we might do it.
Our season basically revolves around their fitness. Without them we're completely dependent on counters. Shaw in particular transforms the team.

Caporegime
Oh I think top 5 is probably 50:50. If we can get Martinez and Shaw back in the next month we might do it.

At least Martinez. We are not actually that bad with both Dalot and AWB as full backs.

The two games we had Martinez back we were actually really good convincing wins. 7 goals in 2 games.

In the summer recruitment of our central defenders is the most important thing plus maybe a striker if Greenwood doesn't come back into the fold.

Back
Top Bottom