• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
Agreed. Having things just work is very boring :D

That's the thing, they don't just work other wise they wouldn't need to fix things in every release :p

A number of people on guru3d are starting to get "driver has stopped responding" with the latest beta's(yes I know they are betas), so I'm using the quadros now and haven't had a single issue.

Caporegime
That's the thing, they don't just work other wise they wouldn't need to fix things in every release :p

A number of people on guru3d are starting to get "driver has stopped responding" with the latest beta's(yes I know they are betas), so I'm using the quadros now and haven't had a single issue.

Yer, I am sure there is a number of people who have issues. When I went SLI, I had major BSOD's and couldn't for the life of me work out why but a run of DDU sorted that out and touch wood, running sweet as a nut.

@ Opeth, frame pacing was sorted years ago on nVidia and as far as Mantle goes, that is something I would like to see nVidia implement.

Permabanned
Boring drivers lol? Aren't they all pretty boring, install, run a few benches if you can be bothered (I can't anymore) I just test them on the games I'm currently playing and if it's smooth and it doesn't crash then they're good for me.

Mantle is an API not a driver.

Soldato
OP
The last 4-5 months of Nvidia drivers, really have been boring.

Been fast and stable for me, not sure what you mean? I know AMD have launched a lot of new features in their latest drivers, but aside from Mantle, a lot of the updates were to fix Crossfire compatibility, frame pacing etc. While Nvidia is spot on in that regard. We may get Mantle support or something similar in the future. Nothing wrong with fast and stable though..

Associate
I doubt it would be as good as mantle is theoretically, becuase Microsoft would have to make something generic to work on all hardware configurations.

Ok but like mantel if you have x game you could drop down a tab to use say DX metal? So you would have compatibility for all plus a bonus for people that have splashed out for high end systems.

I would love to know what Nvidia are thinking with all this Mantel talk this means there not really talking about Nvidia!

Soldato
Gone back to the WHQL drivers as the latest BETA causes some of the worst FPS spikes using vsync (adaptive, on or even smooth) with 2 cards in SLI that I've ever seen. Affected games seem to be WOW and BF4.

Back
Top Bottom