*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Soldato
Got this from Ebay, love the colour! Matches the watch face on my Series 8 and my phone case. £2.99! The feel and quality is similar to that of the Nike ones. I just can't warranty £30-40 for a fabric watch strap. The wife ordered a few from Shein as well that were of similar quality though i noticed on some the retaining pin is abit crap!

I had one of those before, it lasted about 6 months before the plastic loop bit snapped.

Commissario
OP
The cheap straps from eBay are perfectly fine but I found they faded quite quickly when exposed to direct sunlight in the summer. My problem is now that because my wrists have got large again, the standard straps don't fit me. I like the Sport Loop and they only do one in the XL size each year. They're down to just a handful of colours now so I expect them to be discontinued before too long. I've not seen any XL length eBay copies :(

Soldato
The cheap straps from eBay are perfectly fine but I found they faded quite quickly when exposed to direct sunlight in the summer. My problem is now that because my wrists have got large again, the standard straps don't fit me. I like the Sport Loop and they only do one in the XL size each year. They're down to just a handful of colours now so I expect them to be discontinued before too long. I've not seen any XL length eBay copies :(

Damn that sucks! Thought about the custom route and see if any other aftermarket more bespoke options are available? I've seen some nice leather ones that come in a different variety of sizes but obviously not gonna be cheap.

Soldato
Will keep an eye out on it then, seems pretty strong from initial thoughts. It's not like hard brittle plastic, has a slightly softer feeling to it.

Depends what sort of work environment you are in tbh, I fly about and end up in some random places so its being banged, caught, clattered and snagged on things all the time as well as water, sand, dust and all sorts, that's also why I have a cover on it despite all of those that don't like covers/protectors for their watches..

Soldato
So, the 3 pack I got from the forest is no longer available so going to get one of the Nereides ones linked from above..
I still have my stock band as well as my old dusty black one that I might try and clean and use as a backup, the 3rd from the pack, the green one, the missus nicked..

Had a look for a few other multipacks and didn't really see anything that jumped out at me..

Actually, I've just changed my mind, not going to get the Nereides one, going to get a Spigen one instead as its a loop rather than velcro.
B0BNM1GMD7 for forest users.

Soldato
Depends what sort of work environment you are in tbh, I fly about and end up in some random places so its being banged, caught, clattered and snagged on things all the time as well as water, sand, dust and all sorts, that's also why I have a cover on it despite all of those that don't like covers/protectors for their watches..

Oh im sat in the office most of the day and the odd day out working on the car etc, it rarely sees much action in terms of being banged up haha.

I can see why yours snapped then :D

Associate
Might be worth putting here…

I use a S/M band for my Series 7 41mm would the small band on the Ultra be ok to use?

Seen a couple of videos that you need to size up the bands accurately if you don’t want the clasp knocking on the main watch…

Soldato
new watch strap arrived today..love it..

2xQgpjX.jpg

Associate
Actually, I've just changed my mind, not going to get the Nereides one, going to get a Spigen one instead as its a loop rather than velcro.
B0BNM1GMD7 for forest users.
I’ve got the Orange, Khaki and Black of that Spigen one, very good they are. Handled a rugged hammering in Florida Disney waterparks in May and a tequila-fueled trip around the Barcelona and the Med recently. Comfortable to not really feel tight at all, nearly ”not there” if the fit’s adjusted nicely.

Commissario
OP
I like the look of this Spigen straps but the size worries me. They say "up to 215mm" which is smaller than the Apple straps which say "up to 220mm". I've got large wrists so I think I'd struggle with them.

@whiskycycle is there any way you can compare the length to a standard Apple strap please? I'm off on holiday in a couple of days and fancy one of those Spigens but would need to know how the length compares. If possible, I'd need to know today so I can get ordered for delivery tomorrow. Thanks.

Associate
I like the look of this Spigen straps but the size worries me. They say "up to 215mm" which is smaller than the Apple straps which say "up to 220mm". I've got large wrists so I think I'd struggle with them.

@whiskycycle is there any way you can compare the length to a standard Apple strap please? I'm off on holiday in a couple of days and fancy one of those Spigens but would need to know how the length compares. If possible, I'd need to know today so I can get ordered for delivery tomorrow. Thanks.
Apologies @Feek only just seen this. I think they’re on the edge of the sizing you mentioned… not at home at the minute, but can measure later, although appreciate it’s late for your need.

Back
Top Bottom