*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Soldato
Heads up - now that the leather link straps have been discontinued by Apple they’re being sold by resellers at a good discount! Got the black and the midnight one for £35 or so each. Wanted the dark brown but no joy so far although I’ll keep looking.

Soldato
Not sure what stock is left but here for unopened and here for open box for example. Just search for Apple Watch Leather band/straps (since there’s more than just the magnetic link ones) and check the seller feedback.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I took a punt on a Trail Loop style strap from Amazon.

When I took it out of the bag, I instantly thought it was going to be too small because I have large wrists.

X2pqRhb.jpeg

I was wrong. Very wrong. It's misleading because of how it works, it's not just large, it's very large.

MZKR2pN.jpeg

l9j1zUW.jpeg

It fits me easily and if I extend it out to the largest possible size, just to show, there's all this extra space.

xh0OUDb.jpeg

But not just large, it goes nice and small as well for those with girl sized wrists (and girls).

VVGxFNR.jpeg

Very clever indeed, it's a shame their colour choice isn't that great, I'd like some brighter ones of these.

2UiTpxA.jpeg

aLTt5CZ.jpeg

Caporegime
My son likes the silicone loops. Is there anywhere apart from apple that sells them like they size them. He's a size 2 or 3 and I'd be better off buying him another watch and getting one for free than buying another one direct from apple!

Soldato
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've got the Series 8 watch and I can see lots of straps on amazon etc. I can see Feek with a few pictures above, daft things like are the connectors ok, how long do they last in comparison to the official straps?

Commissario
OP
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've got the Series 8 watch and I can see lots of straps on amazon etc. I can see Feek with a few pictures above, daft things like are the connectors ok, how long do they last in comparison to the official straps?
I've never had a connector fail, there's a comment on the previous page about a plastic bit breaking. I have found that with the cheap straps that if they're exposed to direct sunlight a lot that they fade a bit but apart from that, I've not had any issues.

Commissario
OP
Aye, I bought it and a couple of cheap sports loop clones and have been using them all since then, no issues with any of them. That trail loop copy is a little fiddly to adjust but once you get your head around it, it's absolutely fine and dandy. It's nowhere near as tricky as the orange one I posted.

Soldato
Any recommendations on a strap for a 45mm S9 for someone who works in a dirty environment and has to put on gauntlets/gloves on and all the time. I want something comfortable but secure as I don’t want to lose it and the fabric bands will just stink after a short time where I work.

Commissario
OP
Any recommendations on a strap for a 45mm S9 for someone who works in a dirty environment and has to put on gauntlets/gloves on and all the time. I want something comfortable but secure as I don’t want to lose it and the fabric bands will just stink after a short time where I work.
The fabric straps wash really well. Just chuck it in the washing machine once a week with your pants.

Back
Top Bottom