** The Official ASUS P5N-E SLI & Ultra 650i Thread **

Associate
WJA96 said:
Yes, but I think it's a phantom - CPUz is reporting the numbers but the SuperPi time is unchanged. :confused:

Cheers mate, CrystalCPUID/Coretemp seem to read multi's/speed differently to CPU-z (afaik) which might help show what's going on :)

Soldato
WJA96 said:
Well, my order has been dispatched, so I'm hoping to get it tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I paid £68.50+£8.50 p&p which, if it clocks at all, will make it the bargain of the moment!
Mine arrived today, I went for the cheaper delivery option.
Although ordered from someone that I had never really heard of it was very interesting to read on the label where it was dispatched from (large well known system builder) ...

Associate
OC_A64 said:
Cheers mate, CrystalCPUID/Coretemp seem to read multi's/speed differently to CPU-z (afaik) which might help show what's going on :)

the techgage review points out that although the higher multipliers can be set in the bios, they reset on reboot. Perhaps this is what's happening.

Associate
ArchAnGeL said:
the area around the cpu socket looks a bit cramped with capacitors. Any feelings for how a mach 2 head would fit?

Doesn't look much/any worse than the current 965/975's are. Should be able to shoehorn a mach on there!

Associate
WJA96 said:
OK - after messing about with this all afternoon this is the best I can get at the moment. (3.2GHz which is hardly stellar)

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=154700

There is definitely something odd about the CPU/RAM timing as it is not truly asynchronous.

This is only a little better than I was able to get previosuly with my old P5N-SLi :(

You got the latest bios installed? Supposdly you need to max the chipset voltage to get to/over 400 FSB

Soldato
ghost101 said:
Whats your voltage currently at?

Well i decided to go for one of these. Should arrive soon hopefully, ill be using it with an e6300.

Which one?

CPU - 1.45V (I was freaking out when I did this, but I think the CPU voltage is droopy on this board)
Memory - 1.92V
N/Bridge - 1.563V

After 6 hours of Orthos I stopped it, because it was getting very, very boring. This machine has no fans at all in it (Alphacool Cape Cora 10 passive water cooler) and it's sitting 100% on both cores at 58C. The Southbridge is cool to the touch, but the northbridge heatsink is 73C (measured with a cooking thermometer) so I dread to think what the N/B temperature is itself!

Associate
WJA96 said:
Which one?

CPU - 1.45V (I was freaking out when I did this, but I think the CPU voltage is droopy on this board)
Memory - 1.92V
N/Bridge - 1.563V

After 6 hours of Orthos I stopped it, because it was getting very, very boring. This machine has no fans at all in it (Alphacool Cape Cora 10 passive water cooler) and it's sitting 100% on both cores at 58C. The Southbridge is cool to the touch, but the northbridge heatsink is 73C (measured with a cooking thermometer) so I dread to think what the N/B temperature is itself!

There's ~ 0.1v droop on the board iirc.
If you set the + .01v over vcore, it should give you ~ the right voltage taking into account the vdroop.

Back
Top Bottom