*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I think we have to accept the herky jerky Fury we saw under Peter Fury is long gone. Ever since his 2 year drug ban/mental health episode and he weighed in like a hippo he’s legs aren’t what they used to be, which is why the match up with Sugar Hill was good as now he started sitting on his punches a bit more.

When he was light on his feet he was bizarrely fast and mobile for a heavyweight. Now his top half is fluid but his legs aren’t as mobile as they used to be. Though he looks to be in good shape judging from him being sat ringside so maybe he can return to that form. He has abused his body and not lived the life though and that catches up to you at some point. He’s not getting younger.

He’s not exactly faced stellar competition leading up to Usyk. Wilder 3 times (who I have never rated. You can probably go back a few years in this thread way before Fury fought him and I was saying he was rubbish) and it’s hard to not look good in front of Whyte and Chisora. Then he went and made hard work of a boxing debutant.

Add into that he has a harder time with smaller and mobile fighters, I’m not seeing a good night for him on the cards…

But he proved me wrong agaisnt Wladimir (still wanted to see the rematch though) and the first Wilder fight so there is a chance it’s fury being fury and he proves me wrong again. I just see it 60/40 in favour of Usyk.
I agree that he will probably struggle with Usyk who has a great skill set, Fury will need to be at the top of his game not to get beaten I certainly see it as Usyk’s fight to loose.

Soldato
So how much money did you put on an early AJ stoppage victory?
I don't gamble on boxing.

Can you explain your point please?

Oh, I think I get it.

A couple of mates Friday afternoon asked are you watching, who do you think will win?

I replied AJ, as he's a boxer and it's a "boxing" match.

I hope that answers your question :cry:

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I don't gamble on boxing.

Can you explain your point please?

Oh, I think I get it.

A couple of mates Friday afternoon asked are you watching, who do you think will win?

I replied AJ, as he's a boxer and it's a "boxing" match.

His point is that if you were so sure it was a dead cert, why didn't you put your money where your mouth is.

I honestly though Ngannou would give a better account of himself but hey ho.

Soldato
His point is that if you were so sure it was a dead cert, why didn't you put your money where your mouth is.

I honestly though Ngannou would give a better account of himself but hey ho.
Because I had no interest in the circus and apart from a fiver on the National, I don't gamble no.

Reactions: fez
Soldato
Still, a lot of people made a lot of money.

I'm hoping for a WWE style 3 way tag-team event with tables and a cage (electric one prefeably) next!

What gets to me is how all the boxing fans have wanted Fury v AJ for so many years and then they both make deals to fight an MMA guy.

It is an insult to their fans.

Associate
What gets to me is how all the boxing fans have wanted Fury v AJ for so many years and then they both make deals to fight an MMA guy.

It is an insult to their fans.
Thats why i lost intrest and i will not pay for watching this bull>>>> and Fury with AJ now are no boxers they are entertainers until they are will fight real boxing match.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats why i lost intrest and i will not pay for watching this bull>>>> and Fury with AJ now are no boxers they are entertainers until they are will fight real boxing match.

He previous fight he beat Otto Wallin who was #2 with the IBF… this was nothing more than a stay busy crash grab and rightfully so.

In the words of Mayweather Jr “it’s called prize fighting, dummy”

I’m only partly teasing :p

Soldato
I'm not sure Francis consciously thought, I know, I just walk into a bomb from AJ with no guard. He wasn't with it at all, it wasn't a lack of boxing skills, he was just barely conscious.

It's the refs responsibility to look after fighters who can't defend themselves. I don't think it's outright wrong that he continued to walk into that knockout, but there's a case that it could have been stopped before.
Behave yourself, It's a combat sport, if it is too much for you watch go something else.
Women are getting beating to a pulp and people watch that degeneracy :rolleyes:
On the converse I have seen ref's jump in and stop fights way to early.

Soldato
And Hearn said what a knockout he never seen anything like that before what a lot's of crap.
He's a promoter - it's his job.
However, there is a point there. You seldom see someone sparked out these days and ultimately that's what the crowd / viewers want to see. The other aspect is how AJ finished the fight - one punch, measured and landed with maximum impact. It was impressive and lived up to the billing of knockout chaos. It also begs the question about how heavy Fury hits. Maybe his victories over Wilder misrepresented his power?

Associate
He's a promoter - it's his job.
However, there is a point there. You seldom see someone sparked out these days and ultimately that's what the crowd / viewers want to see. The other aspect is how AJ finished the fight - one punch, measured and landed with maximum impact. It was impressive and lived up to the billing of knockout chaos. It also begs the question about how heavy Fury hits. Maybe his victories over Wilder misrepresented his power?
This knockout was against MMA fighter not a heavyweight boxer and people saying OMG WOW look at this AJ one punch power and skills is this right in your opinion. I would like to see one punch knockout in real boxing fight not a circus dance.

Back
Top Bottom