*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Personally, I’d never bet on these mismatches, Jake Paul should get knocked into next week by Mike Tyson but there will be a ‘non knockout’ clause quietly inserted
Will there really. Why? You think Tyson would sabotage his legacy because Jake Paul offers him some more cash? Come on man. Use your head.

Why do some people believe everything is a conspiracy.

Soldato
This knockout was against MMA fighter not a heavyweight boxer and people saying OMG WOW look at this AJ one punch power and skills is this right in your opinion. I would like to see one punch knockout in real boxing fight not a circus dance.
Well the lineal World Champion and arguably the more skilful boxer couldn't do it in 10 rounds.

Caporegime
This knockout was against MMA fighter not a heavyweight boxer and people saying OMG WOW look at this AJ one punch power and skills is this right in your opinion. I would like to see one punch knockout in real boxing fight not a circus dance.
Absolute rubbish. AJ has got ample power for one punch KO’s, he’s done it before. The man is an 18 stone brick ****house. Theres not a boxer in the world he couldn’t lay out with a big heavy punch square in the face.

Soldato
Well the lineal World Champion and arguably the more skilful boxer couldn't do it in 10 rounds.

Fury is a superb boxer overall, movement, speed, ring IQ, distance, timing, tactics.
But power in is not one of his strong points in my opinion, nothing like as powerful as AJ in my view.

Soldato
I wonder how many breaks he needed to take between those combos. The guy is almost 60 and he looked washed up 20 years ago. If it was a genuine fight I'd be worried that even someone like Jake Paul could hurt him. But it's just going to be an exhibition move around and nothing more.
Personally, I’d never bet on these mismatches, Jake Paul should get knocked into next week by Mike Tyson but there will be a ‘non knockout’ clause quietly inserted
It'll be like the Roy Jones Jr 'fight' a few years back. No governing body will actually sanction a fight between someone almost 60 and someone in their 20s.
Fury is a superb boxer overall, movement, speed, ring IQ, distance, timing, tactics.
But power in is not one of his strong points in my opinion, nothing like as powerful as AJ in my view.
You'd think if his Ring IQ and Tactics were all that they are made out to be, he'd be able to figure out a debutant.

Soldato
I wonder how many breaks he needed to take between those combos. The guy is almost 60 and he looked washed up 20 years ago. If it was a genuine fight I'd be worried that even someone like Jake Paul could hurt him. But it's just going to be an exhibition move around and nothing more.

It'll be like the Roy Jones Jr 'fight' a few years back. No governing body will actually sanction a fight between someone almost 60 and someone in their 20s.

You'd think if his Ring IQ and Tactics were all that they are made out to be, he'd be able to figure out a debutant.

Fury looked quite naff on the night ( in my view ) maybe a combo of age catching up with him and not putting 100% into training / sparring.

He did not look himself to me anyway, I think if he turns up like that against Usyk then he will lose.

Soldato
Fury looked quite naff on the night ( in my view ) maybe a combo of age catching up with him and not putting 100% into training / sparring.

He did not look himself to me anyway, I think if he turns up like that against Usyk then he will lose.

Hard to tell where he is at really. He certainly hasn't lived the life so that is going to catch up sooner or later and he hasn't been fleet of foot since the Wilder trilogy started and perhaps maybe not even since the Wladamir fight which was almost 10 years ago. It's a shame he bottled the rematch as I think a fully focused Wladamir beats him. He was having success towards the end but it was a little too late. If I remember correctly, his wife was going through a miscarriage shortly before that fight.

Since the Wilder 2 (?) fight and he teamed up with Sugar Hill, he has started sitting on his punches a bit more but he doesn't move the same way he did. There's a reason plenty of people think he has lost his legs and it wouldn't be surprising with how he goes up and down in weight. Since the Wilder fights, who has he fought? Whyte, Chisora and Ngannou. Hardly stellar competition or people you would need to dance around Whyte has always had terrible feet and walks like Frankenstein (though credit where credit is due. I thought he'd put up a bit of a fight but his chin is shot to smithereens) Chisora he already comprehensively beat twice and Francis? well, less said the better.

The Usyk fight is going to be very interesting. If he was struggling with a career cruiserweight when he was fast for a big man, how is he going to deal with an ATG cruiserweight in Usyk when he isn't as fast now? If he can't use his weight to his advantage and lean on Usyk all night I can see him getting dropped a few times and losing on points.

Associate
Absolute rubbish. AJ has got ample power for one punch KO’s, he’s done it before. The man is an 18 stone brick ****house. Theres not a boxer in the world he couldn’t lay out with a big heavy punch square in the face.
I am not saying AJ dont have a power puntch only this was done againts MMA fighter not a profesional boxer so this knockout its rubish in my eyes and Fury (was taking this fight for a money)we will see what is made of againts Usyk ( if fight will go on) this will be a technical match up in my opinion.

Last edited:
Associate
Hard to tell where he is at really. He certainly hasn't lived the life so that is going to catch up sooner or later and he hasn't been fleet of foot since the Wilder trilogy started and perhaps maybe not even since the Wladamir fight which was almost 10 years ago. It's a shame he bottled the rematch as I think a fully focused Wladamir beats him. He was having success towards the end but it was a little too late. If I remember correctly, his wife was going through a miscarriage shortly before that fight.

Since the Wilder 2 (?) fight and he teamed up with Sugar Hill, he has started sitting on his punches a bit more but he doesn't move the same way he did. There's a reason plenty of people think he has lost his legs and it wouldn't be surprising with how he goes up and down in weight. Since the Wilder fights, who has he fought? Whyte, Chisora and Ngannou. Hardly stellar competition or people you would need to dance around Whyte has always had terrible feet and walks like Frankenstein (though credit where credit is due. I thought he'd put up a bit of a fight but his chin is shot to smithereens) Chisora he already comprehensively beat twice and Francis? well, less said the better.

The Usyk fight is going to be very interesting. If he was struggling with a career cruiserweight when he was fast for a big man, how is he going to deal with an ATG cruiserweight in Usyk when he isn't as fast now? If he can't use his weight to his advantage and lean on Usyk all night I can see him getting dropped a few times and losing on points.
I think this upcoming fight againts Usyk will be a game of chess and will be hard for Fury to catch Usyk but weight this could be a winning point for Fury and strong chin.

Soldato
I don't undertand where everyone thinks Fury has a strong chin. He's been down so many times that it's not a surprise when he gets dropped.

What he does have though is an incredible ability to recover. It feels like not long after he's been dropped he has his faculties back, it's freakish.

Soldato

I've always said that AJ is one of the most powerful punchers, where he can practically use that power in a fight. I don't think there's a human being alive that would stand up to one of his big power shots, the way he rotates the body - all the way through, punching through the target, absolutely nuclear.

What he does have though is an incredible ability to recover. It feels like not long after he's been dropped he has his faculties back, it's freakish.

Yeah that is impressive, especially considering he's almost 7ft tall - imaging being that big and falling over like he did when Wilder knocked him down...

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I'd say that's a fairer representation.

He's not the first fighter to lie about their height. I know Wladamir and Tyson both pumped their height up and probably many more!

Soldato
Catterall and Taylor fight pushed back to May 25th after a Taylor injury.

Something in the back of my mind telling me this might not happen, hopefully they do run it back as the rematch is already way overdue at this point.

I hope it does because I was looking forward to it. I was really, really high on Josh Taylor until that fight and how he handled the obvious loss

Back
Top Bottom