**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
Think the OP12 has been removed from the wonda website until they find a solution.
When the same happened to the OP11 they had connect to the phones remotely over usb to pc to unlock them.

Soldato
they have said they have removed the lock, but if sent out before and gets locked they can remotely unlock it, having just replaced the battery on my current phone its really made a difference to battery life gets through the day easily now so probably wait next year and hopefully get bigger jump with next releases :) hoping we get more flat screen options as well thats like the only thing I dont like about the Oneplus 12

Last edited:
Associate
Which Chinese phone mid-tier has the best camera system these days? Primarily a decent main camera and telephoto? Been ages since looked at them but looking to upgrade parent's Mi 8 that's showing age.

Soldato
I am intrigued by the Xiaomi 14.
Looks definitely like great overall package with top level chipset, big (for phone size class) battery and top level camera configuration below big size phones.

I'm myself looking upgrade options from Galaxy S8, whose Exynos chipset sucks absolutely ridiculous 1% per hour for doing nothing but maintaining network standby connection.
Only way to get it more reasonable is to disable 4G network, which halves power draw.
But even that is worser than in previous Snapdragon based Sony Xperia Z3 Compact which even had smaller battery.

With Samsung's return to feeding Europe Exynos, Galaxy S24 is again sidegrade from last year's great Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 based S23.
While CPU and GPU of Exynos 2400 are strong and efficient, Samsung's modem/network connectivity parts are inferior to Qualcomm and despite of slightly bigger battery call time dropped 20%:
That doesn't promise good for standby endurance.
(also cameras are still same from S22)
So that puts it to second row behind S23

And Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 has still higher maximum performance along with improved power efficiency for fixed workloads.
With Xiaomi 14 having gotten higher resolution screen, Notebookcheck's review with Chinese import version shows certainly very impressive endurance compared to Gen 2 based Xiaomi 13. (or Galaxy S23)
Pretty sure also Qualcomm's modem is at least as efficient as in last year's Gen 2.

Chinese version just lacks frequency bands for Europe, so hopefully global release is soon.

keep me posted if you do buy - s21 starting to show it's age and looking at this as replacement
As another option Xiaomi 14 would be similar in size to S21.

Associate
Looks like the oneplus 12 is back on sale on Wonda. I think I might pull the trigger but I'm still a little spooked by the regionlock fiasco. Did any of you guys order from them? Any issues? Any issues post update on the EU ROM?

Soldato
Looks like the oneplus 12 is back on sale on Wonda. I think I might pull the trigger but I'm still a little spooked by the regionlock fiasco. Did any of you guys order from them? Any issues? Any issues post update on the EU ROM?
I noticed it's up for sale again. I've contacted them to see if they have found a workaround for region locking.

Soldato
I noticed it's up for sale again. I've contacted them to see if they have found a workaround for region locking.
if you look on hotukdeals it was posted on, plenty of feedback of people buying and receiving it , the short of it the ones for sale now have been region unlocked and oxygen flashed, the ones that recieved before and have got region locked they can connect to it remotely to get it unlocked , connect phone to PC/laptop let them have access, I would probably create another user account or use spare laptop

it was cheaper before the prices seem to have gone up now as well

I was gonna buy one but after replacing the battery on mine its given it a new lease of life so gonna hold out next year and see whats available , current phone screen is curved thats one of the only reasons probably didnt push me to buy it , its annoying finding screen protectors UV glue tempered glass work best but end up lifting over time, and the cheap ones the glue is too strong and will likely end up scratching the screen if need to take it off

Last edited:
Soldato
if you look on hotukdeals it was posted on, plenty of feedback of people buying and receiving it , the short of it the ones for sale now have been region unlocked and oxygen flashed, the ones that recieved before and have got region locked they can connect to it remotely to get it unlocked , connect phone to PC/laptop let them have access, I would probably create another user account or use spare laptop

it was cheaper before the prices seem to have gone up now as well

I was gonna buy one but after replacing the battery on mine its given it a new lease of life so gonna hold out next year and see whats available , current phone screen is curved thats one of the only reasons probably didnt push me to buy it , its annoying finding screen protectors UV glue tempered glass work best but end up lifting over time, and the cheap ones the glue is too strong and will likely end up scratching the screen if need to take it off

Excellent. I'll be buying one then.

Soldato
My phone is arriving next Thurs. Does anybody know if I can use a UK charger with a Chinese phone? I have an old Oneplus 65w warp charger. Or do I need to use the supplied charger with an adaptor?

Back
Top Bottom