*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Do monks get a bonus for using hand weapons? I just found a 1078dps dagger with 118 dex and 22% IAS but hard to work out how much its worth. Any monks able to help with how desirable this would be please?

Also, a ring with 309 life on hit, 30% crit damage and 69 all resistance. Only 2 other rings with similar stats on the AH starting at 9 million but sounds a bit high to me? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Do monks get a bonus for using hand weapons? I just found a 1078dps dagger with 118 dex and 22% IAS but hard to work out how much its worth. Any monks able to help with how desirable this would be please?

Also, a ring with 309 life on hit, 30% crit damage and 69 all resistance. Only 2 other rings with similar stats on the AH starting at 9 million but sounds a bit high to me? :p

I think they just get unique modifiers that other 1H weapons can't, mostly Spirit orientated things. Just like how Wands get unique modifiers for Wizards mostly based on Arcane Power.

And if you searched the AH for 100 dex and 20% IAS on any 1H weapon I think you'd be hard pressed to find ANYTHING with such high dps for less than several mil. 800-900 is the sweet spot for 1H prices I think where the cost starts to ramp up.

As far as the ring goes. If you think how valuable life on hit and all res can be to melee classes, especially such high values with some extra crit damage. Maybe 9mil is steep but you never know.

Associate
Well the dagger went for 7.5 million, dunno if I undersold it coz it went in less than an hour but cant really complain at that.

Lets how I do on the ring. Also found a plan worth 4.5 million today so along with killing Inferno Diablo its been an incredible evening really.

Suspended
Got Vendel the Armorsmith in my game. He sells the Spirit Stone for the "Shut up and take my money" achievement.

Throw me a friend invite if you want this item toward the achievement. Jegethy#2382

I will be around for about an hour. If I don't accept your friend request straight away then my game is probably full (also posted this elsewhere including reddit).

Soldato
Started a Witch Doctor a couple of days ago, up to level 43. Great class, really enjoying it... just a little concerned at some of the spells for Inferno, but will see how that goes when I get there.

Also, "Reduced Level Requirement" is somewhat overpowered. Bought a 615 DPS 1 hander for my Witch Doctor to twink it, -17 level requirement... so currently sporting that weapon in Act 3 Nightmare :p

Soldato
Started a Witch Doctor a couple of days ago, up to level 43. Great class, really enjoying it... just a little concerned at some of the spells for Inferno, but will see how that goes when I get there.

Also, "Reduced Level Requirement" is somewhat overpowered. Bought a 615 DPS 1 hander for my Witch Doctor to twink it, -17 level requirement... so currently sporting that weapon in Act 3 Nightmare :p

And I thought having 200-300 dps on Act 2 Normal was overkill :p

Last edited:
Associate
Inferno mode is retarded as it stands now. Act 1 inferno obviously is still easy but act 2 is a nightmare. The drops are horrible and there are some packs with a combination of affixes that are impossible. As a monk that i have to be relatively close to the mobs to even hit them it is plain silly. I have to sacrifice a crapload of dmg output to increase survivability and usually elites enrage before i can kill them. Ranged does 50k dps quite easily but knows they will be one shoted, Barb or Monk do 18k dps but may survive 2 or 3 hits if they are lucky. Some ranged elite packs two-shot me, they move so fast i cant get any close to them to pull any descent dmg on them.They fill the map with their nasty pools and safely stand on top of them nuking you to death. One thing i hate is that ranged mobs have no minimum range . They can throw a spear or a mortar at you at point blank and rape you. Opressors in act 4 insta-kill you with their charge ability sometimes even when they are not visible in the screen. I even had one oppressor once engaging me in melee hit me a bit then take three steps back and charge on me to insta-kill me, it all happened under a second and i couldnt stop laughing when that happened. Any combination with vortex and molden/plagued kills you whenever they pull you towards them. Especially if they are also fire chained. Blizzard designed the game so that you cannot progress through inferno without relying to the auction house for better gear, any gear that drops from act 1 inferno will hardly help you progress to act 2. I would say the most annoying part is when you teleport to a waypoint after resuming the game take a step and bump into a pack of elites with a gazillion of mobs with no space to kite. It looks to me that the first people that beat inferno before the nerfs managed to acquire the gear so that is manageable post-nerfed and are now making millions of gold in the ah by farming and selling it to the rest of us. I feel like diablo 2 hell was ridiculously easy compared to this. Uber diablo was easier hehehe

Soldato

It really isn't that bad when you gear for it. Wouldn't mind if they didn't nerf it at all tbh. I went through the banging my head against Act 2 thing and was flat out ready to ditch my class / the game altogether, but just that bit more gear turned it farmable, more gear on top of that and now Act 2 is a complete joke to play through, no different to Act 1. Getting the gear is clearly not straight forward but you can turn your Act 1 farming into the gold to get Act 2 gear.

Soldato
this, played it with a mate flat out for 6 days after getting it, got a monk to lvl 60 with 60hours on it, a DH to lvl 35 and Wiz to lvl 18. :o

think i've overplayed it, just can't find any motivation to keep playin :(

same act 1,2 are just so tedious and the thought of them alone makes me not want to touch the game again

Last edited:
Soldato
First Legendary, i'm a DH too so considering getting another 1 hander. It's got pretty good stats.

izzuccob.png

Soldato
Everywhere near me is sold out of this game, I can buy for £45 by direct download but it's killing me to pay so much for a game, is there anywhere else I could consider?

I'm aware i can order from play or somewhere like that but I want to play today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom