*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Cool, I'll have a look when the thing has sold finally, if it is sells at buy out then I should be ok for gold :)

A bit gutted im getting rid of the ring but the other items are more important.

KaHn

Associate
Playing as a Monk I've got part way through of Act 3 Inferno but not sure I can go any further without spending ridiculous amounts of gold in the AH. Think its wise to just wait for the patch and go from there, and hope they make things a bit easier. Seems the only way forward at the moment is to stack life on hit and attack speed. But anything on AH with these stats is hugely expensive, especially the weapons.

Soldato
Playing as a Monk I've got part way through of Act 3 Inferno but not sure I can go any further without spending ridiculous amounts of gold in the AH. Think its wise to just wait for the patch and go from there, and hope they make things a bit easier. Seems the only way forward at the moment is to stack life on hit and attack speed. But anything on AH with these stats is hugely expensive, especially the weapons.

attack speed is being nerfed, so don't bother with that.

when the patch goes live just get yourself in a group on inferno (sinc the damage wont stack anymore for mobs) and it should be fine...should lol

Associate
Get rid of Pacifism for One with Everything. When you are high enough level. I'd even think about changing that to Guardians Path for now. or Transcendence

I'd also trade out Mantra of Healing to Mantra of Evasion - Hard Target

Inner Sanctuary is pretty rubbish, I'd use Blinding Flash or Mystic Ally.

I'd also swap out SW:FS for SW:BS. Does more damage.

Have a try using FoT:TC instead of Crippling Wave.

Got a Monk in Inferno Act 2 and a DH in Act 2 Hell atm.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aigXYh!UZX!aZabYa < That's what I would aim for.

I hadn't actually tried evasion, I'll give it a go tomorrow, swapped sanctuary for cyclone strike.

I'm usually the one taking all the smaller enemies so I've been using crippling wave for the area damage.

I don't have high reistance and I've only hit level 45 today so I'll give one with everything a go when I have a decent res.

Associate
My build for tanking was:

#1 Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell)
#2 Mirror Images (Duplicates)
#3 Hydra (Venom Hydra)
#4 Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor)

#LMB: Electrocute (Chain Lightning)
#RMB: Wave of Force (Impactful Wave)

Passives: Illusionist, Galvanising Ward, Blur

Im so glad you posted this, my now level 55 wizard, struggling in Hell, but at least i can now run around while venom hydra does it's stuff

Soldato
How long will that take? :( at 100,000 odd a piece, that's like 1.2M!

You don't need to spend that much, you can get an interim set of gear far far cheaper, then upgrade piecemeal. Generally look for dex or vit + resist all + sockets (more the better). I spent 200k on gear at 60, it got me through Act 1 Inferno with some ease.

Act 2 is a different story...

Soldato
Right, just leveled my barb to 60 and about to start inferno.

Just got a couple of questions (I am currently selling a ring for 1mil current bid, with a 10mil buyout)

What is more important for a barb in inferno, armour or weapons? I'm currently on 35k HP with around 6k DPS but I understand I need to increase all of it for act 2 but just wondering if anyone knows the main thing to gear up.

I can get 2x900dps weapons for the 1mill and work on the other gear as I go along (currently have 2x300dps weapons).

Or go for some +all res armour?

Cheers,

KaHn

I've just started Inferno with my lvl 60 Barb. I've found resistance to all is the most helpful thing to have and it got me through Hell pretty easily. My res to all is about 300 each and I'm doing 9k damage with 5k armour and 29k HP. Just need more gold to get some better items now as I'm struggling in Inferno!

Last edited:
Soldato
Kahn - don't get the two weapons, you'l need a shield (with good block %).
With great life on hit you can DPS fairly well Act 1 and 2 .. but after its just not viable atm, really.

Associate
Belial on Inferno is rough for my DH, too much stuff to dodge in too confined a space. The few times i've made it to the last part (which should be the easiest) I'm so wound up i die immediately lol

Soldato
I've just started Inferno with my lvl 60 Barb. I've found resistance to all is the most helpful thing to have and it got me through Hell pretty easily. My res to all is about 300 each and I'm doing 9k damage with 5k armour and 29k HP. Just need more gold to get some better items now as I'm struggling in Inferno!

Kahn - don't get the two weapons, you'l need a shield (with good block %).
With great life on hit you can DPS fairly well Act 1 and 2 .. but after its just not viable atm, really.

Cheers guys, I'll have a look in to shields and stuff, what sort of weapon are you guys using with shield? And are you using frenzy or cleave?

Cheers,

KaHn

Soldato
I get away with dual wielding two 700 dps weps in Act 1/2 :)

Good Fun (Barb Inferno)

Frenzy is the way forward. Sidearm is preferred to Maniac as well.

But yeah, until you build up your resists I'd probably go with Shield + Wep. Anything where you have 10k + dps should be fine.

You don't necessarily need Life on hit to be honest either. Maybe in the later Acts, but certainly not A1/2

kd

Soldato
Well got a couple of items off the AH there, a shield and some pants so my resists are up to 200 each, when the ring sells that means I should be able to get a 900DPS weapon + some more +res stuff so get up to around 3-400 res.

Currently I have 31k HP and around 6k DPS.

Even with a shield is frenzy prefered?

KaHn

Soldato
I get away with dual wielding two 700 dps weps in Act 1/2 :)

Good Fun (Barb Inferno)

Frenzy is the way forward. Sidearm is preferred to Maniac as well.

But yeah, until you build up your resists I'd probably go with Shield + Wep. Anything where you have 10k + dps should be fine.

You don't necessarily need Life on hit to be honest either. Maybe in the later Acts, but certainly not A1/2

kd

Not act 1, but a little (500 or so) LoH in act 2 turns it from face-smashingly painful to mildly annoying at stages :p

Associate
So i've finally got to Act 2 Inferno. I pretty much killed the Butcher myself, the two people who was in the public game i was in both had less than 5k dps each and kept dying in the fire and with how many of the sections that were lit it was ridiculous to try and revive them. Took him down from just under half health on my own. Get to the first group of champions in act 2 and just get smashed. Eugh.

Soldato
Cheers guys, I'll have a look in to shields and stuff, what sort of weapon are you guys using with shield? And are you using frenzy or cleave?

Cheers,

KaHn

Frenzy with Triumph and Hammer of the Ancients with Thunderstrike. Means I can hit quickly and get health back and also Thunderstrike is handy as it stuns all nearby enemies when you kill one with it so they can't do any damage to you.

Associate
Finally killed the butcher on inferno today with my monk, act 2 seems obscene in comparison. I've been back and farmed him a few times with 5 stacks although I suspect I will just wait till the inferno nerfs next patch before I progress further at the rate I seem to be gearing up now (havent had a useful drop for myself for ages now).

It's not the normal enemies or bosses that give me grief, its the stupid champion/elite mobs which have nasty combos like jailer/morter/desecrate which just totally incap you and kill you in seconds.

I'm still enjoying the game and leveling my wizard to 60 now to pass the time till the patch.

Soldato
So i've finally got to Act 2 Inferno. I pretty much killed the Butcher myself, the two people who was in the public game i was in both had less than 5k dps each and kept dying in the fire and with how many of the sections that were lit it was ridiculous to try and revive them. Took him down from just under half health on my own. Get to the first group of champions in act 2 and just get smashed. Eugh.

Meh, champions are really hit n miss. The ones that can catch you easily are impossible to down without lots of luck and dps. The ones that can't can be difficult if they have a really awkward ability or the map is too small.

When I was doing War Machines on act 3 inferno for the first time I came across a Molok elite and I basically just circle strafed it for the entire fight.

I'm messing around with my Barb atm. Just beaten down Queen Aranae on Nightmare. Fire Chains are ****ing me off, they cause such a stupid amount of damage. If they're a small agile mob they surround you easily and your health is gone almost instantly. Its not been too bad at the moment, only had a couple of other elites that killed me because I simply couldn't keep up with the damage and kill them fast enough. I suspect when I hit act 2 I'll have to swap to a shield though or change some of my passives to be a little more defensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom