*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My co-op partner is away for a week so I need to make an alt. I was thinking barb, because I like big ass 2 handed weapons and pulverising things, but I don't want to be forced into being a 1handed-shield barb when I get to inferno.

Are 2hander/duel wield barbs effective at 60?

Associate
Argh. I really need to buy things quicker on the AH. I'm not entirely sure what i'm looking for but i just saw some 98int, 90 str, 30vit, 17% IAS gloves for 15k but didn't buy them because i thought the vit was too low. Now i can't find something something similar. :(

Soldato
Can anyone help me? I can't even touch most things on Act I Inferno and I'm playing a monk, I can put skills/runes down if anyone wants to know them.

Also, are there any decent ways to farm equipment? I really don't wanna have to rely on pure luck to get an amazing drop, or have to farm pathetic amounts of gold to be able to afford the pathetic prices people set on the Auction House.

Thanks! :)

Permabanned
My co-op partner is away for a week so I need to make an alt. I was thinking barb, because I like big ass 2 handed weapons and pulverising things, but I don't want to be forced into being a 1handed-shield barb when I get to inferno.

Are 2hander/duel wield barbs effective at 60?

I have a duel wield barb and am walking inferno. Albiet act 1. Act 2 is a bit tricky but will be fine when i get some more HP buff.

Soldato
Thats very low :)

RAWR.png

Help! :D

EDIT: Forgot the boots :p

bewtz.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry but your gear is pretty bad, you're stacking dex and vit but nothing else.
No attack speed, no crit hit chance, no crit damage, hardly any resists.

To gear up each piece won't cost you more than 100k, go back to hell and keep farming gold for a while, you're not ready for inferno, no matter what build you use.

Soldato
Sorry but your gear is pretty bad, you're stacking dex and vit but nothing else.
No attack speed, no crit hit chance, no crit damage, hardly any resists.

To gear up each piece won't cost you more than 100k, go back to hell and keep farming gold for a while, you're not ready for inferno, no matter what build you use.

How long will that take? :( at 100,000 odd a piece, that's like 1.2M!

As I use 'At one with all' passive, should i try and stack as much in one resistance as possible? Like get Physical to 500 or something, rather than buying mutliple different types on my items? Damage % reduction is the most important thing in Inferno, right?

Dex/Attack Speed %/Damage %/Critical Hit Chance/Critical Hit Damage

Which of those is the most important thing for damage and overall dps?

Also: Is it worth looking for intelligence too, for the resistance bonus it gives? Or should I only take INT if its a bonus alongside more important things? Also, how important is armor?

Thanks again! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
How long will that take? :( at 100,000 odd a piece, that's like 1.2M!

As I use 'At one with all' passive, should i try and stack as much in one resistance as possible? Like get Physical to 500 or something, rather than buying mutliple different types on my items? Damage % reduction is the most important thing in Inferno, right?

Dex/Attack Speed %/Damage %/Critical Hit Chance/Critical Hit Damage

Which of those is the most important thing for damage and overall dps?

Also: Is it worth looking for intelligence too, for the resistance bonus it gives? Or should I only take INT if its a bonus alongside more important things? Also, how important is armor?

Thanks again! :p

Use 1 with everything, but stack 2 resists. You pick 1 resist and then stack "All resists" with it. I chose fire and all resists, my mate picked lightning and all resists. Your choice.

Don't look at INT at all, don't need it. If an item has it, great, but vit/dex.
Attack speed is getting nerfed next patch, so I can't tell you what you should prioritize at the moment, but you want rings and a necklace with some of those other stats at least. You're melee, you may do DPS but you need survivability more than DPS. You do more damage alive than dead, remember that.

You also want life on hit on your weapon and rings/amulet if possible (Amethyst gem for weapon).

Soldato
Use 1 with everything, but stack 2 resists. You pick 1 resist and then stack "All resists" with it. I chose fire and all resists, my mate picked lightning and all resists. Your choice.

Don't look at INT at all, don't need it. If an item has it, great, but vit/dex.
Attack speed is getting nerfed next patch, so I can't tell you what you should prioritize at the moment, but you want rings and a necklace with some of those other stats at least. You're melee, you may do DPS but you need survivability more than DPS. You do more damage alive than dead, remember that.

You also want life on hit on your weapon and rings/amulet if possible (Amethyst gem for weapon).

Thanks :) I'll take a note of all that :D but is life steal better than critical hit damage on weapons? (Amethyst vs Emerald)

Soldato
Only problem with this game (game, not servers :p) is the fact that everybody except Demon Hunter & Wizard are at a gigantic disadvantage on Inferno. :(

I'm thinking of playing again, now I hear the servers work, so if you want to add me; Omaeka#1170

I disagree with that statement, getting 1 hit by everything isn't an advantage, and the only DH/WIZ that are doing inferno with ease are people who got lucky with drops or with selling/buying on the AH for great gear. (my DH has 300+ resists and 30k+ dps and i can barley do act 1)

But it really doesn't matter anymore anyway Blizz have made it clear that they are NERF happy, and listen to idiots more than people with great ideas all over the forums of how to bring all classes up to the same standards instead of breaking them all further...

I have to admit i was walking into this game with the firm belief that it would be D2 in a nice new wrapper, but i was wrong and so was a lot of people. (before playing the beta)

not to say it isn't a great game, it's just not as great for me personally (it could be BETTER) all this nerfing and changing of things (for the worse) is sucking a lot of fun out of it, i don't know how everyone else feels but as it stands there are currently only a few builds to use (similar to d2 where everyone used a set build to get maximum output depending on what they were doing)

they need to stop nerfing and make other skills as good as the ones people use, so there is actual build diversity (that what blizz claim they want) yet nothing is being done about that, all that has happend is that the game will get a tiny bit easier and the classes and some stats are getting weaker, so it will be the same as it is now it's silly really.

Anyway, most the people crying about DH's are the ones who have no experience with them, for many different reasons the main one being that people are selfish and greedy and can't stand to see other people enjoy a class that may or may not be OP (they are far from op in my books, sure they can do damage but all classes can with the right gear) so they demand nerfs, instead of demanding that all classes be brought up to par.

but that says more about this world and the generation of morons we have, than the actual game.

I'm currently leveling up each class to 60, so i can actually see for myself if any class has an advantage big enough over the others for there to be a real problem.

P.S feel free to add me, i play with anyone if i can help i will. Nabuboria#2860 had a laugh with a few people off here.

as for your build i don't know any inferno monk stuff, but your gear needs work just scout the auction hall i reckon you could get a decent set for around 400-500k. depends what you want exactly, if you are going to use the passive that boosts all your resistances from one, then go for psychical + any other if not then go for all resist. Dex, and try grab enough vit for 30-40k hp (25k minimum)

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, just leveled my barb to 60 and about to start inferno.

Just got a couple of questions (I am currently selling a ring for 1mil current bid, with a 10mil buyout)

What is more important for a barb in inferno, armour or weapons? I'm currently on 35k HP with around 6k DPS but I understand I need to increase all of it for act 2 but just wondering if anyone knows the main thing to gear up.

I can get 2x900dps weapons for the 1mill and work on the other gear as I go along (currently have 2x300dps weapons).

Or go for some +all res armour?

Cheers,

KaHn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom