**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Props to Volkanovski for taking the fight, but Makhachev smashed through him - havent really kept up a huge amount with ufc in recent years, but i really enjoyed that card myself.

Caporegime
Poor showing from Chimaev imo, thin decision against a guy on 2 weeks notice. Poor standup and questionable cardio.

All the credit goes to Marty.
Wow that is one wild and heavily biased take, to say all of the credit goes to Usman. Khamzat absolutely dominated Usman in the first round, then he clearly outmatched him in the second round, and then Usman did better in the last half third round. If it had gone two more rounds Usman would have got better and better, but it was a 3 round fight, and Khamzat did what he needed to. If I was Usman I would have tried to insist to the UFC that the fight be 5 rounds, maybe he tried, who knows.

Lets not overlook that Usman is a legit killer who only a few fights ago was a world champion on the top of his game and he is a superlative striker. Regardless of the short notice and of Usman going up a weight class, Khamzat put in a very good performance to beat Usman like that. And no, I am absolutely not a Khamzat "fan", but you have to give credit where it is due.

However I would by lying if I said that I would not have preferred to see Khamzat fight Costa, it would have been more entertaining and I wanted to see what effect someone the size of Costa would have had on Khamzat, not to mention with his thunderous leg kicks. Plus the press conference would have been hilarious.

Props to Volkanovski for taking the fight, but Makhachev smashed through him - havent really kept up a huge amount with ufc in recent years, but i really enjoyed that card myself.

Yeah Volk got destroyed, I don't think anyone expected that and I bet he will be kicking himself for a long time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wow that is one wild and heavily biased take, to say all of the credit goes to Usman. Khamzat absolutely dominated Usman in the first round, then he clearly outmatched him in the second round, and then Usman did better in the last half third round. If it had gone two more rounds Usman would have got better and better, but it was a 3 round fight, and Khamzat did what he needed to. If I was Usman I would have tried to insist to the UFC that the fight be 5 rounds, maybe he tried, who knows.

Lets not overlook that Usman is a legit killer who only a few fights ago was a world champion on the top of his game and he is a superlative striker. Regardless of the short notice and of Usman going up a weight class, Khamzat put in a very good performance to beat Usman like that. And no, I am absolutely not a Khamzat "fan", but you have to give credit where it is due.

However I would by lying if I said that I would not have preferred to see Khamzat fight Costa, it would have been more entertaining and I wanted to see what effect someone the size of Costa would have had on Khamzat, not to mention with his thunderous leg kicks. Plus the press conference would have been hilarious.

Yeah Volk got destroyed, I don't think anyone expected that and I bet he will be kicking himself for a long time.

Funny you say my take is wild, yet then in the same breath say Chimaev “clearly outmatched” him in the second round.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Funny you say my take is wild, yet then in the same breath say Chimaev “clearly outmatched” him in the second round.
I have watched the fight three time and I still think that, however that is nowhere near as ridiculous as saying all the credit goes to Usman. If you think that Usman won the second round then clearly you must think that Usman won the fight, because he lost the first round badly and won the third round with better striking. Was Usman robbed? :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have watched the fight three time and I still think that, however that is nowhere near as ridiculous as saying all the credit goes to Usman. If you think that Usman won the second round then clearly you must think that Usman won the fight, because he lost the first round badly and won the third round with better striking. Was Usman robbed? :D

The second round was unbelievably close, to say it was anything otherwise is talking nonsense.

Unless of course you consider almost identical striking and a single take down (whilst doing nothing) demonstrating “outclassing” someone of course.

Usman could’ve taken 2 and 3 and still not won the fight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty entertaining card. Massively disappointed with the Volk fight. He barely laid a glove on him and didn't really look like his usual self, just shows the level Islam is at.

Still a bit perplexed about the Jonny Walker fight. Given as an NC due to unintentional foul Buffer said. He intentionally kneed him, don't think there is any doubt about that. Its the same as how Sterling won the belt in his first fight with Yan.
You could say Yan wasn't sure of the rule hence he was clearly heard asking can I kick him whereby Ankalaev could be said to have not realised Walker was in a downed position and kneed him anyway. Same thing to me.

Soldato
That's a big fight right there, future Champion determined as both beat Stipe/Jones IMO. That's me writing Stipe/Jones off due to falling out of their prime, but at the height of their careers I feel would be far more competitive.

Caporegime
That's a big fight right there, future Champion determined as both beat Stipe/Jones IMO. That's me writing Stipe/Jones off due to falling out of their prime, but at the height of their careers I feel would be far more competitive.
I am so happy about this, Jones vs Stipe would have been pants imo. The main and co-main are now going to be absolute bangers that the futures of the division are resting on... Aspinall vs Pavlovich will be pivotal!

Back
Top Bottom