**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
There's rumblings that Khabib could be making a return for UFC 300, vs Leon at 170lbs - not sure whether there's any weight to it, and cannot see how it makes any sense, unless Khabib plans to stick around

Soldato
Even if it were true, does Khabib Leon rescue 300? I don't really think it does. Leon V Belall (sp) makes more sense but I don't think that sells mega PPVs either. Card currently looks like a low level fight night compared to 298 & 299.

Soldato
Bad match up for Max imo. He's so tough and has zero quit in him, Gaethje will really pile it on him I think.

Card this weekend is a bit tame too. Main event is a blockbuster and a hard one to pick but not too much to get excited about outside of that, I like watching Arnold Allen though. Strickland for me.

Caporegime
Bad match up for Max imo. He's so tough and has zero quit in him, Gaethje will really pile it on him I think.

Card this weekend is a bit tame too. Main event is a blockbuster and a hard one to pick but not too much to get excited about outside of that, I like watching Arnold Allen though. Strickland for me.
Who wanted to see Max vs Justin? The UFC must be desperate to make this fight, because Justin is a clear weight class above and is a far more powerful puncher. If he does not destroy Max I will be very surprised, and who wants to see Max's career ended in this way? He could be the next Tony if he isn't careful.

As for Strickland vs DDP, I hope DDP starches him and I expect that he will do it in style. Strickland is a moron.

Soldato
Agree on the Max fight. Can't really see anything other than Justin just teeing off on his face and Max being too tough to get KO'd. We saw it with Volk and Gaethje hits much harder. Presume it's a 5 rounder? Makes it even worse. BMF title should be renamed BDC. Brain Damage Championship.

Soldato
Decent card I thought and I wasn’t expecting much.

For me Strickland won rounds 1 and 2 and probably just edged 5. In the end it was likely DDP edged 5 but I don’t think edging a round should take the belt from the champ. Looked like Strickland was going to coast it in a similar way he did Izzy. Didn’t look under any threat and totally in control. Seemed to tire a bit but fair play to DDP for coming back and dominating the next two rounds.

Little unfortunate for Allen as I think if he hadn’t have been incorrectly pulled up for illegal strikes he probably / possibly would have finished him. Very difficult for the ref though so can’t really blame him. In the slow mo replays he was wrong but what can you do. Perhaps they should introduce VAR since it has been so successful in the premier league!

Co-main was an absolute snoozer. Spent most of it flicking through my phone. I didn’t actually realise it was a title fight.

Soldato
Absolute banger this weekend. UFC is open for business in 2024! Not a bad fight on the card imo and the delightful Mackenzie Dern finishing off the prelims.

Has anyone seen the advert for Sportsbet Volk has done? Hilarious. Good response to Topuria saying he is too old. It's very aussie as it leans very much into the stereotypical first and second generation European immigrants and their quirky ways here so humour maybe lost on some but I think it's brilliant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2nsn2uzWog

Im expecting him to win although I very much doubt his opponent is filming funny ads and cooking shows in the fight build up...
Not sure what's left for him after that but he seems the type who needs competition so can't see him retiring. Sterling fighting Katter at 300 at featherweight I just noticed so maybe if he gets through that the UFC may fast track him to a title shot? Volk has beaten pretty much everyone else.

Looking forward to seeing how Whittaker and Garry bounce back too. Great card.

Associate
Good bunch of fights this evening. For Topuria to get the win, he needs to do it inside the first 1-2 rounds. Anything beyond that, all I can see is Volkanovski applying the pressure and bullying him in the remaining rounds.

Back
Top Bottom