**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Awesome result for Tom, I was genuinely very nervous/worried for him going into this on such short notice, against Pavlovich no less. The speed and movement did it again though, it looks like Sergei tried to time a little counter left hook and ate the big right before his hand was even up, then another before he even realised what had happened.

Main event finish fell a little flat in the end for me because of the finish, it felt like it needed to roll on a little longer to make it more definitive.

Soldato
Just looked in to Tom's UFC resumé - he's had 9 fights in his UFC career, and has spent a grand total of 17 minutes and 21 seconds fighting, and is now the UFC Heavyweight Champion.

That's madness!

Admittedly, Jon Jones has only fought for 2 minutes and 4 seconds as a heavyweight, and gained the same title.

Jones took 14 fights to gain his first world title, at 13-1 record - Aspinall had 17 fights to gain his first title with a 14-3 record.

Another similarity between the two? Both have a loss on their record for the same reason :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Cracking looking card this weekend by the way. Some of the fight nights in the last month or two have been poor, this looks great. Figueriedo fighting up a weight class, good test in Font. Gastelum always worth a watch too. Pick for me is Turner Green. How a lad of Turners size makes that weight I do not know. Guida in his 59th professional fight, trying to kill off whatever braincells he has left. Savage.

Soldato
Only watched the prelims. Don’t sleep on them lads. Absolute bangers on there, women’s rights aside obs.
Bit late but noticed my typo there. Fights, not rights I meant. For the record I fully support women's rights. Womens fights however are usually boring and dull.

I'm not the type of person that describes things as "fire" but this last card of the year is absolutely flaming. Can not wait, all the fights could go either way. Prelims look good too, will watch them all.

If I had to bet I'd go:
Colby
Pantoja
Rakmanov
Ferguson
Garry

Soldato
Garry vs Luque scrapped because Garry has pneumonia
Course he does :rolleyes:

Can't help thinking all this stuff about his wife and her ex is doing his head in. I read midweek that he was worried for his families safety if they came to the fight. Understandable although as a high level fighter you can't be having those sort of distractions around. I don't really know the full story, nor do I particularly care but whatever Colby and Strickland have jumped on to amplify it clearly wouldn't have helped. Shame as I think he is or maybe should say was a champ in the making but if this stuff has really got to his head then it's forever going to be a weapon they will use against him. Hopefully whatever has happened he can bounce back.

Caporegime
Course he does :rolleyes:
Yeah, i have to admit, it seems a bit sus.
These MMA fandom conspiracy theories always make me laugh, but come on, of course he has pneumonia. The guy may be a muppet of the highest order, but no-one can deny that he loves to fight and he is making a bee-line for a title shot, it's all he cares about and a period of being mercilessly ribbed by the MMA community isn't going to stop that. If he could have fought there is no doubt in my mind that he would have.

Pneumonia is a bacterial infection and can hit very quickly once contracted. It's also likely that his immune system is not the strongest, the terrible Herpes flare-ups he often has around his mouth are usually a sign of that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh man, I hoope to hell and back that Colby does not win and Leon knocks him the F out. Having a Trump-backed idiot like Colby with the belt and seeing the smug look on Trumps stupid face as he wraps the belt around him would be too much to bear. Leon needs to do this for pride and democracy.

EDIT - Well...

What an absolute wretched human being and POS Colby is. He clearly exists to further Trumps agenda and used most of his speech to pump Trump. Even the fans who cheered him hated it. Leon REALLY made a mistake with trying to grapple with Colby and as a result the fight ended in a really unsatisfying way with Colby on top. It really sucks that he didn't get the dominant win by picking him apart in the last round too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Prelims better than the main card! Still decent though. Edwards fought a perfect 4 rounds and then yeah decided to roll about with Colby. Was a strange fight. Edwards just did what he needed to, barely looked tired but totally dominated for 4 rounds and Colby didnt look his usual self but saying that is probably harsh on Leon.

Soldato
POor main event - Wild KO by Emmett, probably one of the most brutal one punch KO's ever. Paddy was decent, but Tony is done now, 7 losses in a row.... Time to hang it up. Hasn't won in 4.5 years....

Last edited:
Soldato
:cry:
x5UAc2O.jpg

Back
Top Bottom