***The Official Manly Shaving Thread***

Soldato
OP
If you can afford it then why not!? I'm very jealous (how sad is that!). I hope you get on alright with it all having spent so much! Would be awful if you didn't agree with it.

Report back on the feather razor, I've heard it's awesome.

Soldato
OP
Got my shaving shack order today with some new blades to try, 2x pack of astra superior platinum and 3 packs of my trusty Israeli made as I only have 5 feather blades left. I really disliked feathers when I first started shaving with a DE but having ran out of Israelis and with 3 packs of feather sitting I just started using them without a thought. Funny thing is now looking at my order in front of me I realised just how good my shaves have been for the last few months, I asked my self why the heck I didn't order some more feathers :/

EDIT++

Also having ordered new blades I thought it best to order a styptic pencil..... in case. I did not expect it to be so hard, do I wet it if I need to use it ?

Yep, just wet the end and then apply to cut. You will know about it ;)

Soldato
OP
Agreed. I find I can effortlessly glide feathers over my face with no tugging and a baby smooth finish. As with anything shave related though, YMMV, so it's always suggested to try out a selection of blades.

Soldato
OP
Yep the old Gillette DE razors were generally excellent. You'd have to research more into that specific model as I don't know much more on that one. The thing with the vintage razors is you have to check the condition. If it is mint/unused then great but if it has been used you need to be sure the locking mechanism, plating and general condition of the razor is up to scratch. Some of the vintage models command a high price.

A quick look at the 15 and it appears to not be adjustable. Personally I'd want an adjustable vintage Gillette.

Back
Top Bottom