**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
I wont lie, much as I love my Note 4 I'm noticing lag more often than something with these specs should. I'm rooted with Xposed, is there anything I can change to improve things? Is it just me?

I normally notice it most when I'm using Google Maps for navigation, but also using Hangouts can seem a little laggy.

Soldato
did you do the thing suggested on the XDA forums for people who are used Wanam Xposed? It introduces lag but there was something you needed to untick to get rid of it.

Man of Honour
did you do the thing suggested on the XDA forums for people who are used Wanam Xposed? It introduces lag but there was something you needed to untick to get rid of it.

This:

Its Wanam Xposed, under "Security" tab and checkbox "Disable Secure storage" and/ or used XSecureStorage module.

also:

Briefly had the same problem. The disable secure storage inside of wanam didn't work for me, but doing it manually did. Not sure if you know how to do it, but here it is for you and/or anyone who finds this via search.

Uninstall Wanam and Xposed Framework
Reboot
Edit build.prop from "securestorage.support=true" to "securestorage.support=false"
Clear data on 'S-Health' app (another issue that you may not have seen yet from this same problem)
Reboot
Reinstall Xposed framework and wanam
Reboot

This should remove the lag and also allow S-Health to work correctly, should you use it.

There is also a "XSecureStorage" module you can install for xposed that should do the same thing, but I didn't try that route, since the component of Wanam didn't work for me. If you go that route, would be interested in your results. Good luck!

Soldato
Thanks very much. I thought something didn't seem right. I've tried the first step. I already make securestorage.support=false as I couldn't install anything before hand.

I wont be using the Note 4 for the next week or so, reviewing the OnePlus One, so will have to wait to see if it's better :)

Soldato
The fix above should resolve your problem, I had the same lag. It turns out it was related to secure storage as mentioned. Now S-Health and and Private mode should work fine and you can remove some of that samsung bloat.

Soldato
even in videos those lines over the led's at the bottom look awful.
I cant really notice that much difference in speed to be honest but I guess time will tell when your using it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom