**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Soldato
OP
Did you get a login to the portal to see the status, have they actually repaired it?
You have to concoct support for updates as far as I know but I've been out on site so to busy to do a thing.

Arrived back now, a day early. Will check the paperwork tonight

Soldato
OP
First time I sent my phone in I got a portal login and could check the status when I needed to, I'm so cynical of their support, I'm sure it's fine!
Not overly clear what was carried out but there was a camera defect. Working now though.

Collected Monday, shipped to Czech, repaired and returned by Thursday. Not bad.

Its sooooo nice to have my own phone back. Although I forgot to backup my contacts..

Soldato
OP
Hi,

Sorry to be so late to the party but would anyone please be able to advise me what are the best screen protectors for a OnePlus 3? I notice it has a slight curve to the screen so preferably something that covers the full screen would be ideal. Apologies for having to ask, it will save me trawling through the 87 pages of the thread if some kind person can give me some recommendations.

Many thanks
Bintos
comes with one pre-fitted

Soldato
OP
Spoke too soon. Since 5.0.1 my network on sim 1 drops to nothing after about 10-12 hours. Only a power cycle fixes it.

Bug section of the forum suggests I'm far from alone.

Soldato
OP
My 3 is coming up to my 2 year upgrade cycle and getting a bit frustrated with bugs on 5.0.1, whats a good next phone at the moment?

Needs dual sims and either 3.5mm audio or audio over USB support

Soldato
OP
I'm probably looking at Nokia 7 plus if I upgrade any time soon, kinda holding out for the 5.1 update but I won't be holding my breath.

It's android one, dual sim, microsd, 3.5mm jack, decent spec and decent price (rumoured at 350). It seems like the Nexus replacement my 3T was supposed to be.

Also I think most android devices will do audio over usb via an OTG cable.
Ta will take a look.

Tried a otg which works with USB storage but no joy

Soldato
OP
My 3T powers my dragonfly DAC fine, what have you tried?

Fiio external dac amp

What bugs do you have? No plans on replacing my OP3 in 2018.

WiFi not roaming between ap and generally being weak (supposedly fixed in next release) and mobile network randomly dropping off requiring a power cycle (seems well reported on op forum bugs). Those are the two big issues but certainly not limited to those.

Soldato
OP
Yeah unfortunately airplane mode doesn't fix it. Seemed to not happen for several weeks and then came back.

Seems a bit sporadic. Not good when your second sim is a work on call line.

Back
Top Bottom